Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Irishman Sydney Donal (Donie) Sullivan information required

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

ezopsae wrote: »
    I notice a lot of websites ran with the story on Wednesday, but following his death it seems to be just confined to Irish Times, Irish Independent, Irish Central and maybe one or two other sites. No Australian websites are reporting on the death of the "drunk paddy" ?

You need to climb down off Sherger there my friend...

http://www.australianherald.com/index.php/sid/221810831/scat/eb6df49795f04561/ht/Life-for-young-Irish-man-making-his-way-in-Australia-comes-crashing-down

I don't know why the Australian Media is getting the finger pointed at it when it should be more appropriately pointed a Social Media, the Media report on stories and this was a news worthy story, if you do a Google search, it was reported on in Australia, Ireland, England, New Zealand the United States, even in Israel and more.

I mean none of this whole reporting falls within the same realm of Vincent Brownes comment to Enda Kenny.
    Enda Kenny should go into a dark room with a gun and a bottle of whiskey.

But let's not turn this sad event into a slagging match, there are no winners in this whole story.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NYC2013

I lived in Australia for 3 years and I got the feeling that a big percentage of the Aussies I met there didn't want me in their country, media I think represents the view of the rest of the population, massively racist place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

NYC2013 wrote: »
    I lived in Australia for 3 years and I got the feeling that a big percentage of the Aussies I met there didn't want me in their country, media I think represents the view of the rest of the population, massively racist place

Seriously, you form an opinion of a country of 22 Million people based on your experience in Bondi and possibly a few other areas.

While I admit your entitled to your opinion I believe it to be incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

NYC2013 wrote: »

I feel very welcome here, although being told more of my type were needed as there were too many blacks makes me agree about the racism, although I would stress that I'm in WA and east coasters tell me it's what Australia used to be like decades ago.

Follow up: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/20/missing-for-five-days-in-sydney-irishman-cant-remember-a-thing
    Messages of support – including one from Guinness – have poured onto a social media page that was initially set up to help find O'Sullivan.
    Is that really a good move Guinness? "Drink Guinness and forget everything!"

Anyway it's great to hear he's making a recovery, hopefully a full one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Lol why the hell was he naked though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

top madra wrote: »
    Lol why the hell was he naked though?

It's possible he thought the door to the stairwell was the jacks, he might have dashed in with his trunks down and the fell down the stairs.

Who knows, one thing is clear seems it's related to drink... No great surprise there.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

mandrake04 wrote: »
    It's possible he thought the door to the stairwell was the jacks, he might have dashed in with his trunks down and the fell down the stairs.

Who knows, one thing is clear seems it's related to drink... No great surprise there.

I edited my last post, just in case anyone knows him here..

I'm not familiar with the stairs in question so ya maybe, anything is possible i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The fact hat this was around 11am during the day makes me thing there could be something additional to simply being too drunk.
    But maybe not. Who knows. There's CCTV footage probably, bis it liekly to ever emerge

Regardless of what happened if it didn't impacted upon anyone else then really it's none of anyones business, unless it exposes a safety flaw in the building.

I'm just glad the guy is alive, another day or two undetected and he may well be dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

catbear wrote: »
    Regardless of what happened if it didn't impacted upon anyone else then really it's none of anyones business, unless it exposes a safety flaw in the building.

I'm just glad the guy is alive, another day or two undetected and he may well be dead.

I am sure it had an impact on resources of NSW Police and emergency services that spent days searching for him so he does probably owe them an explanation, if he really has one.

jackbhoy wrote: »
    I am sure it had an impact on resources of NSW Police and emergency services that spent days searching for him so he does probably owe them an explanation, if he really has one.

If he can ever remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

jackbhoy wrote: »

How about asking why it took days to find him even though he never left the building he was staying in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

gctest50 wrote: »
    How about asking why it took days to find him even though he never left the building he was staying in ?

He was not staying in the easts club.

It's not a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Zambia wrote: »
    He was not staying in the easts club.

It's not a hotel.

He was found in Easts Tower which is commercial office building, Police can't be expected to search every building in the suburb.

It no ones fault except his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

mandrake04 wrote: »
    He was found in Easts Tower which is commercial office building, Police can't be expected to search every building in the suburb.

It no ones fault except his own.

But it's easier to blame others, personal responsibility seems like a quaint ideal for yesteryear these days....

Advertisement