Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant "dinosaur" from New Zealand?

Options
  • 06-05-2014 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭

Not really a paper- more of an intriguing mention. According to this article, a new book on New Zealand's prehistoric times speaks of a dragon-like, 12 meter long "land lizard" found in 1986- complete with skin impressions? and a head the size of a man.

Considering how New Zealand has never yielded a well preserved dinosaur, but instead marine reptile fossils are abundant, I'm thinking maybe it's a misidentified mosasaur? After all the 12 meter long Moanasaurus has been found in the country. The article implies however that the reptile was never recovered...

So just wondering if anyone knew more about it. I'm practically broke so I don´t think I'll be buying the book anytime soon. :/

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU1405/S00085/giant-dinosaur-resembling-dragon-at-large-in-new-zealand.htm

19fg3sb_617o_l.jpg

Advertisement