Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esta help

Options
  • 06-05-2014 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi guys

I am going to Vegas at the end of this week and have filled in the application form online for the Esta. Im just wondering if I should have received an email to print off? Or do I not need to print anything off at all? Also is there any other paperwork I need to do for the holiday? Sorry for all the questions! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

you don't need a print-off of your ESTA

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

icanmunch wrote: »
    Also is there any other paperwork I need to do for the holiday?

You just need your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Your ESTA approval is tied to your passport, they don't send a confirmation e-mail and the website explicitly says that you do not need to bring a printout to the airport. Present your passport to the immigration official in Dublin or Shannon, they will enter your details and your ESTA approval will popup on their screen.

If they can't see the ESTA approval on their screen, you're going nowhere so a piece of paper will achieve nothing.

Not related to this specific thread but I'm glad to see that Google have finally decided to put the genuine ESTA website at the top of the search results screen when you search for 'esta' thereby pushing those cowboy websites off the top of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

thanks for all the help guys. Coylemj- I nearly got stung by that esta.ie site. They were charging €70 for the esta!

Advertisement