Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Champions V Hull City - 06/05/14 - 19:45

• 06-05-2014 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Doesn't seem to be on TV which is strange as it's the only game tonight but I'm sure we'll all find ways and means to see it.

United looking to bounce back from the devastating, heart-wrenching loss to Sunderland which saw all hope of the prestigious Europa League qualification that we crave so much, vanish before our eyes.

Let's finish the season with some pride, we can still get 6th on goal difference. This does not slip!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Home win with a big send off to the old guard..
    Giggs,Rio ,Vidic.... Sad times but times are changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Id love to see a team comprised of players that will be important to the future, give Rio, Vida and Evra a swansong at home by all means, start a couple, bring a couple on later

Giggs should play, either as a sub or whatever but he should take the applause of the fans one last time at home as a player

Put him in centre midfield with Fellaini even! I would love to see a front 4 of Kagawa, Mata, Nani and Welbeck. Should be very fluid and provide good excitement

The game doesn't matter, give RVP a few minutes at the end to build up his fitness before the WC I suppose, but other then that I see no reason to be looking to play him. No sense in possibly aggravating the injury again

For the final game I would go further and suggest giving the likes of Wilson minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think United should have went with a new celebrity manager for each of their last games and made a cool little show about it.

Like Ruby Wax probably should have been doing the team sheet for the Hull game. Missed opportunity there from United.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

couldn't be less arsed if i tried. The season was gone a long time ago and nothing tonight can really have any implications on next season.

ta ra vida, that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hull will be thinking about a Cup final and playing in Europe so I imagine they'll be taking this slightly easy being safe .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hull to give the reserves a run out considering their safe and the cup final on the horizon. 1-2 hull city win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

mike65 wrote: »
    Hull will be thinking about a Cup final and playing in Europe so I imagine they'll be taking this slightly easy being safe .

We might nick a draw so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Some thread title one of the most pathetic defenses of a title ever so sticking with the trend they've set...Hull havent beaten Man United at OT in league since 1932.... over to you Giggsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I must say the thread title made me cringe. But I'm hoping for a decent game where we'll see the likes of Vidic, Evra and Giggs play some part, and hopefully play well. This season has been very poor but we can't forget that some of the outgoing players have been fantastic for us since they joined the club and they deserve a good send off. Unfortunately you could probably pick a whole team of players who may not be here after the summer, but that's another story.

I just want a good win with plenty of goals. Same for the last game of the season. Finish the season on some modicum of a high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This match....

3496687+_07f591fa831b13c3b0f05f06ff1a5c78.jpg

Play a few kids or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Some thread title one of the most pathetic defenses of a title ever so sticking with the trend they've set...Hull havent beaten Man United at OT in league since 1932.... over to you Giggsy.

I'd rather a pathetic defence of a title than no defence at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Possible that Wilson and Lawrence could get run outs tonight, at least 1 hopefully.

• Grayditch wrote: »
    I think United should have went with a new celebrity manager for each of their last games and made a cool little show about it.

Like Ruby Wax probably should have been doing the team sheet for the Hull game. Missed opportunity there from United.

Can't even squeeze a pity laugh out of this one. :rolleyes:

To stay on topic, A good send off for Gigsy I hope. Please say he starts or least togs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

"The Champions" bahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Grayditch wrote: »

She'd have probably done a better job than Moyes and Giggs as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I thought the Thread title was meant to be ironic.

Can see Hull getting something here. 1-0.

If rather a pathetic defence of a title than no defence at all...

You mean no title at all? which is fair enough, it wasn't defended anyway :D:D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can't even squeeze a pity laugh out of this one. :rolleyes:

Give_1f9afb_2128730.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

"The Champions"
    Seems like a long time ago now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

What an embarrassment United have been for the PL this season. Last year's champions can only manage 6th at best.

• Advertisement

Champions until Sunday, deal with it :pac:

You mean no title at all? which is fair enough, it wasn't defended anyway :D:D

Let me make it easier for you to understand. It's better to win a league and defend it pathetically than not win a league at all.

Let's finish the season with some pride, we can still get 6th on goal difference. This does not slip!!!

lets talk about things that slip...

Champions. 2013
    arrow_small-outline_down.png
    7th Place 2014

Now that's fúcking slippage! biggrin.png

more appropriate herewink.png

back to the game....
    score draw

hefferboi wrote: »
    What an embarrassment United have been for the PL this season. Last year's champions can only manage 6th at best.

I know, it's terrible isn't it?
    After being such a credit to the league for 20 odd years I'm sure you'll agree...

Agueroooo wrote: »

Champions. 2013
    7th Place 2014

back to the game....
    score draw

If only there was a video of Giggsy saying it at the start of the season or something, would be far more hilarious.

Take you all day to come up with that one??? :D

Next season's No Europe v Europe.

Some odds on that pre season.

Let me make it easier for you to understand. It's better to win a league and defend it pathetically than not win a league at all.

HAHAHA I've gathered that as you can see by my post I was simply correcting your post you must not have picked up on it heres your post again...
    If rather a pathetic defence of a title than no defence at all...

???? There was not even a glimmer of a defense!!

• Back on topic....

Match not televised anywhere?? Sigh..

As for Starting 11, it really will be a send off for a lot of players tonight.

Vidic was lucky to be involved this week as I thought he deserved red on Saturday for the 2 footed tackle but he will defo start, after that leave him be. We have 1 game away left (Correct me if I'm wrong) but needs to be starting the players who will be staying on.

Rumor is that Van Gahl will be at match tonight, Wathcing RVP?? Yea right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Thought this was a United vs Hull thread, why are Liverpool fans in here crying over the title? (no pun intended)

United are the champions as it stands, regardless of how they've performed this season, they are still the champions. Get over it.

• Advertisement

Thought this was a United vs Hull thread, why are Liverpool fans in here crying over the title? (no pun intended)

where are these posts you speak of ? I cant see one?

Ironic coming from the main culprit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

So is it tonight that we're told that this season didn't actually count and it was just an elaborate prank the league wanted to play on Moyes?

United to win by 5, or lose by 2, or draw 0-0. Who cares as long as we get plenty of crosses in? A Giggs goal would be welcome too.

Ironic coming from the main culprit

again.

please show a post where I am 'crying over the title' cause I am failing to see your irony.

• Agueroooo wrote: »
    Your posting is unrelated to the match thread. It's pure nonsense the last page of posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

United are the champions as it stands, regardless of how they've performed this season, they are still the champions. Get over it.

There hasn't been one mention of Liverpool until you brought it up.

• Advertisement

• Chagan wrote: »
    So is it tonight that we're told that this season didn't actually count and it was just an elaborate prank the league wanted to play on Moyes?

United to win by 5, or lose by 2, or draw 0-0. Who cares as long as we get plenty of crosses in? A Giggs goal would be welcome too.

Would be a great send off, he's 4.5 / 1 to score anytime on PP. Not bad.

???? There was not even a glimmer of a defense!!

A pathetic defence is still a defence, if you win it you are defending it, however badly that may be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

This forum really is a ****hole.

Champions. 2013
    7th Place 2014

back to the game....
    score draw
    again.

please show a post where I am 'crying over the title' cause I am failing to see your irony.

Done, nothing to do with United vs Hull. Dunno why you posted it.

Yeah, where is it? I can't see it. I wanna see it.

• Advertisement

Can somebody hazard a guess at a lineup or score prediction or something remotely match related???

I'm gonna go with a narrow home win, although not overly confident...

• Can somebody hazard a guess at a lineup or score prediction or something remotely match related???

Some of us are trying dude.

I think a home win based on the fact that Eyes will be watching and it's a send-off for Giggsy and the like. Hopefully Young doesn't start though he drove me up the wall on Saturday.

3-1 home win? @ 10-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hull could get something here if they actually try but I doubt they will so scrappy 2 nil or 2-1 to utd. I'm sure utd fans thought it couldn't get any worse after Moyes left but up steps giggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Can somebody hazard a guess at a lineup or score prediction or something remotely match related???

Here's mine: With Hull probably having one eye the FA cup I'd say they might rest a few of there players. So Hull will probably only win by the odd goal then. ;)

Almost seems as if United and Spurs are playing an interesting game of hot potatoe with the Europa League spot.

I'm gonna go 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

hefferboi wrote: »

Dry your eyes mate
    I know you want to make her see how much this pain hurts
    But you’ve got to walk away now
    It’s over

I think United to lose because we're fairly shít

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Dry your eyes mate
    I know you want to make her see how much this pain hurts
    But you’ve got to walk away now
    It’s over

I think United to lose because we're fairly shít

Can you stay on topic please. Your derailing the thread.

Are Hull resting players?

Here's mine: With Hull probably having one eye the FA cup I'd say they might rest a few of there players. So Hull will probably only win by the odd goal then. ;)

Whatever dude, we already beat them this season, at worst we will come out with the same amount of points v Hull home and away as yourselves :pac:

Lloyd won't be happy with all you Liverpool lads in here. Apparently it's telling how little you care about our games now ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement