Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lettuce Root Aphid

• 06-05-2014 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

I think some of my lettuces have these. One grow bag appears to (roots all gone on 2 plants) and one pot as well (roots still there but woolly stuff present).

Is there anything I can do? There's about 4 viable leaf lettuce plants in question and I don't want it to spread out of these bags and into others (have 3 bags of 4, then 4 in individual pots that all seem ok). Can I take them out of what they're in, knock any aphids I can see off their roots and then put them in clean pots with fresh compost?

I probably should mention I haven't actually seen any aphids, just noticed one of the lettuces fell over this morning so I pulled it to use and it had no roots left. I also had noticed white stuff on some of the other plants. Google seems to reckon it's root aphid.

Advertisement