Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennels Pricing.

• 06-05-2014 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi All.
    We have a 10 week old Dalmation that we need to kennel for two nights. Does any body have any idea of the normal pricing.
    Also I have heard the can differ quite a bit. Does anybody have any recommendation of a good one in Cork City or local area.
    Thanks so much in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ten weeks?? Is it not very young to go in to kennels? It wouldnt even be finished its vaccinations yet. Is there no one that could mind the pup for you or stay in your house? I dont think kennels will even take a pup that young to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

completely agree with Andreac - you cant put a 10 week old puppy in kennels :eek: well you can I suppose, but you shouldnt! At 10 weeks you should have a queue of friends or relations happy to mind a baby bundle of fur for 2 nights?!? Any kennels worth its weight, wont accept a dog that hasnt had its vaccinations and kennel cough - at 10 weeks your puppy wont be safely vaccinated yet.

For future boarding, you should make a list of kennels close to you, and check each out by going to visit them, and ask then what their pricing is. You can get recommendations from your vet or local groomers or friends with dogs for local kennels too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

10 weeks old puppy in a kennel ? ? ? 😨

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP, I wouldn't be too keen on putting such a youngster into a kennels, but there are one or two excellent home boarding places near Cork that would be a great alternative. I'm guessing your pup's not fully vaxed yet, but perhaps will be by the time you're going away? If not, then your options are very limited.
    Ilse Sas is based in Cork and runs a home boarding service... Hang on til I see can I find contact details for her!

Edited to add: if you Google Ilse and Dogs for Life, you'll find her contact details (I don't want to post her number here), and she's based in Rockchapel in north county Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Sometime life make it so that we have no choices but I would also think that a home sitting type of arrangement will be better for a 10 week old pup.

I don't think any reputable kennel would accept a non fully vaccinated pup and 10 weeks seems very young to me to have his full vac.

Best of luck with your search.

• Advertisement
Advertisement