Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung TV Repair - Glitch

• 06-05-2014 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

hi all,

My father bought a 40 inch Samsung TV from Power City a few years back - can't remember exact year but probably within the past 3-4.

He is experiencing some horizontal lines moving down the screen - very faded. Also screen turns competely black for a second every so often.

It is not the UPC box - definately the TV.

Model here: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LE40A656A1FXBT

Any ideas or suggestions on repair?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Have a look on eBay for parts. I would suspect the PSU is faulty and you could try replacing this first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

degsie wrote: »
    Have a look on eBay for parts. I would suspect the PSU is faulty and you could try replacing this first.

I wouldn't know where to start to replace a faulty PSU! Any TV repair services out there that someone could recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone recommend a TV repair service?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

It's probably the capacitors in the PSU have gone bad. If you know anybody with electronic soldering skills it shouldn't be too big a job to fix. Cheap too. TV repair shops may do it couldn't tell you for certain though

Nick

Advertisement