Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Broadband

Options
  • 06-05-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi I just spoke your your Sales team regarding Business Broadband.  We are a small Company who are moving offices and need a broadband connection (not phone just internet).  

I spoke to a guy more helpful that the others I spoke to over the last few weeks but he seemed to think I could understand all his tech talk which I couldn't so maybe you can help.

I understand that in 5-10 working days and guy will come out and install the phone line, but he wont do any extra work, may I ask what this extra work would entail?

Once the line is installed and working I must call back and order the Broadband which will be another 5-10 working days, will they send another technician out for this?

Will this connection be Wi-fi enabled

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Awwwwfook wrote: »
    Hi I just spoke your your Sales team regarding Business Broadband.  We are a small Company who are moving offices and need a broadband connection (not phone just internet).  

I spoke to a guy more helpful that the others I spoke to over the last few weeks but he seemed to think I could understand all his tech talk which I couldn't so maybe you can help.

I understand that in 5-10 working days and guy will come out and install the phone line, but he wont do any extra work, may I ask what this extra work would entail?

Once the line is installed and working I must call back and order the Broadband which will be another 5-10 working days, will they send another technician out for this?

Will this connection be Wi-fi enabled

Hi Awwwwfook

I can confirm that the engineer will install the line however once it is installed you must then order broadband on the line. This takes approx 5 working days from the day the broadband is ordered (after the line is installed) and in this period the line will be broadband enabled remotely and a modem will be posted to you to install to the socket yourself. If you require an engineer to install your modem this can be requited upon ordering the broadband as a 'full installation' which costs €81.81 ex vat.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement