Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega Lock On sets X2 original 1992

Options
  • 06-05-2014 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

Hope it's okay if I list these here. They're made by Sega and games related (not too different to 3DS augmented reality! :D)

I have two fully boxed (and functional) Sega lock on sets. Both include a gun and the head thingy.

These are the original 1992 version. (there was another version brought out in 1997)

€40 for the pair, which is a bit of a bargain.

Might be open to swaps if anyone has anything interesting.

DSC_0024-2.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034-1.jpg

Comments

Oh thats cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Indeed they are!

They're in great condition too. I'd love to hold onto them but am in desperate need of downsizing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Were these home quasar sets ever any good? Could you get a proper game out of them the way you did in the bowling alleys I mean?

Master of the Universe

Yeah they work pretty well. Definitely not a gimmick or anything. They were really popular in the 90s.

Didn't someone here have the police called on them years ago because they were chasing each other around a housing estate with Lock on guns? (Ciderman perhaps? :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah they work pretty well. Definitely not a gimmick or anything. They were really popular in the 90s.

Didn't someone here have the police called on them years ago because they were chasing each other around a housing estate with Lock on guns? (Ciderman perhaps? :D)

Unlikely it was Ciderman, in his day such things would have been classed as 'magik' & he'd have been burned at the stake. Must have been someone else...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Lol ^^^

Man, that's a flash back and half for me right there. I remember the ads on TV in the 90s and had forgotten all about them til now.

Never knew someone who had them though.

Master of the Universe

waveform wrote: »

Never knew someone who had them though.

That person could be you! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Unlikely it was Ciderman, in his day such things would have been classed as 'magik' & he'd have been burned at the stake. Must have been someone else...

It happened to mate of mine.
    These guns are great.
    I'm not sure how it compares to later Lazertag sets though.
    Most of the home ones have the sensor on the barrel to register hits while the commercial sets have a vest.
    Lock-on uses a nifty headset with HUD

Master of the Universe

I do indeed, you interested?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, forgot about these!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

No response from the other guy yet, so we shall see what happens!

Master of the Universe

Bump and price reduction to €30.

Damn!
    I must have them!
    See you at the Beers!

Master of the Universe

Excellent! As long as you promise me you won't play with them on the street and get arrested again? :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Excellent! As long as you promise me you won't play with them on the street and get arrested again? :D

That wasn't me... It was a friend....

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

*mod Snip.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Hi judosean2005 , if you wish to sell an arcade or retro item please start your own thread. Also make sure you read the forum charter first to ensure you meet the requirements for posting here. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement