Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will changing my business operating system from win xp to win 7 affect my business ba

Options
  • 06-05-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif] will changing my business operating system from win xp to win 7 affect my business banking?[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Shane, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to Baords.ie

A couple of things are needed for Business Online when using a new operating system.

You will need to download Java on Internet Explorer.

As you will have a new C Drive, you will need to ensure that your Digital Certificate is on this drive. You can either copy the DC prior to changing the OS or order a new cert on the new machine. 

To copy the digital cert prior to changing the OS, please see below:

- Your digital cert is stored on the C drive in a folder called 'my document'

- Insert a memory stick or storage device into your pc. 

- Right click on start and click on explore, locate the 'my document' folder.

- Right click on the 'my document’ folder and send to the memory stick, floppy or cd.

- Bring the copying device to the new OS, right click on start and click on explore

- Right click on the 'my document' folder and copy

- Right click on the C drive and paste. 

We’re here from 8am – 5pm Mon – Fri so please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement