Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL lines in limerick area

Options
  • 06-05-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Lots of people had issues over the weekend with their lines in the Caherconlish area of Limerick (Inch St. Laurence Exchange). I know the exchange is in the process of upgrading etc but this caused me a huge headache over the weekend work wise.

Below are the ping times to my modem from a UK server for the past 5 days:
    ping times to modem

(Cant insert images here for some reason)

DL/UL speeds are woeful during these times aswell. 

Was there something up over the weekend than can be resolved now or will this continue?

Regards
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Xennon wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Lots of people had issues over the weekend with their lines in the Caherconlish area of Limerick (Inch St. Laurence Exchange). I know the exchange is in the process of upgrading etc but this caused me a huge headache over the weekend work wise.

ping times to modem

Was there something up over the weekend than can be resolved now or will this continue?

Regards
    Dave

Hi Xennon

Very sorry to hear this, I can confrim that there have been no reported area wide issues in LImerick over the weekend. The best advice I can offer you is to contact technical support for advice and assistance on 1890260260 or via web chat here: http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

Hi guys,

ping times to modem

Regards
    Dave
    Its seems to be a Limerick issue i see. I live in the countryside outside Limerick city too. I am pinging very high to a Galway server. Pinging 60 to 70 now always got 29 to 30 ping with about 1 on the jitter scale. Now its 17 to 18.

Obviously something is wrong when people are reporting ping issues in the limerick area, on the broadband board forums, and here at Eircom web page.

Will Eircom look at it we will see?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Foley2012

I'm also living in Limerick and having issues with connection speeds and pings. Living a stones throw from my Eircom exchange in Dooradoyle and I'm only receiving 0.46mb down and 0.52mb up speeds on a 24mb connection was receiving 19mb since ive signed up to this package.. I've spent the last 25 minutes in a queue to speak to your customer support agents, and your online support team also seem to be completely busy. Alan can you please tell us again how there is no area wide issues? Your twitter feeds say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Not just out by Caherconlish either. At night I'm getting 9mb of the 54mb we pay for. Be on Magnet in my new place soon, but just thought I'd share and let people know the city has the same issues as of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Foley2012 wrote: »
    I'm also living in Limerick and having issues with connection speeds and pings. Living a stones throw from my Eircom exchange in Dooradoyle and I'm only receiving 0.46mb down and 0.52mb up speeds on a 24mb connection was receiving 19mb since ive signed up to this package.. I've spent the last 25 minutes in a queue to speak to your customer support agents, and your online support team also seem to be completely busy. Alan can you please tell us again how there is no area wide issues? Your twitter feeds say otherwise.
    Hi Foley,

Can you post a screen grab of your modems stats page or what SNR are you showing there?

Dave

• Advertisement

Downstream
    Upstream

Max Allowed Speed (kbps)

SN Margin (dB)

Line Attenuation (dB)

CRC Errors

[font=verdana, sans-serif, Arial, Helvetica]SN Margin (db) 5.90 Downstream 17.70 upstream[/font]
    [font=verdana, sans-serif, Arial, Helvetica]Max Allowed Speed 18200 (kbps) Downstream 765 (kbps) upstream[/font]

Not a million miles from mine then
    Those stats are pretty good, should be getting way better D/U bps than what we are.
    Again I cant work this evening because of it.

Ping times from UK server:
    Dave_Modem-PING4.png

My modem stats:
    Speed:19876 kbps/765 kbps
    Line Attenuation(Down/Up):13.8 dB/ 4.4 dB
    DSL Noise Margin:6.1 dB/ 16.3 dB

Back to normal -ish again this morning:

3485713147.png

Ping times:

Dave_Modem-PING2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Xennon, it will most likely return to crap this evening.  It's the same story for a large number of Eircom customers it seems, myself included. It's fine during the day but as soon as the evening hits that's it until midnight.

There's a number of us on the broadband forum spread across different parts of the country, on different exchanges, that are suffering the drops at the exact same times and having it return to normal at the exact same times too. 

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up on the discussion Paully, Alan, any change you could look into this for us, we all cant be wrong...

Limerick is being routed through galway and for some reason its going to ass periodically.

If theres work being done, fine, but if Eircom dont even know theres an issue...then....omg....really??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Worse than ever for me this evening. For Christ sake Eircom, can one of the reps on here at least confirm that they are aware of this issue and that it is actually being investigated? I don't care if there's "no fault reported on my line." It's quite obviously effecting numerous people across the country.

Hi Paully,

The guys here work for a company thats subcontracted by Eircom, in fairness theyre stuck between a rock and a hard place, and I know they do their best under the circumstances, but Eircom dont tell them much.

I was actually thinking of dumping sky when efibre came to our exchange...now Im not so sure, at the moment at least my family can watch TV, albeit not netflix.

Dave (posting post number 666..yay!)

in the morning its fast for me the evening times is so slow i cant even stream music on YouTube at 144p

i live in doorodoyle limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I'm in Newcastle West and it's gone to pot lately too.

Check out the discussion over on the Net&Coms section of boards: here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Guys
    we have reported this as a specific issue based on posts and trace routes here and from the dates you have provided. We will post any response we get on this matter.
    Tony

Hi Guys
    we have reported this as a specific issue based on posts and trace routes here and from the dates you have provided. We will post any response we get on this matter.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony.

Advertisement