Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBAN not accessible in 365 on line, WHY NOT

Options
  • 06-05-2014 12:29pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just has a supplier ask me for my account details, and found that unless I subscribe to E-statements, which I won't be doing before hell freezes over, as my accountant will not accept e-statements as a prime document for audit purposes, I can't actually get my IBAN and SWIFT information on line from BOI.

I could get it from the paper statements, but I'm not where they are, and I was under the clearly misguided impression that the way things were going was to be able to deal with things on line.

Yet another example of the appallingly bad service provided by the BOI online systems, the primary piece of information about the account is not available online from the secure banking application. which is indicative of how little thought went into the upgrade to dealing with SEPA, and how badly it has been implemented.

I managed to sort it out, by using a conversion tool that is provided by another organisation, but I cannot believe that no one has a requirement to get this fundamental information about their account, or that BOI have not made it available online.

At what stage will BOI be changing the application to "reveal" this fundamental piece of information about the account?

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Irish Steve,

Thanks for your post.

We believe you may have been in touch through Twitter. The representative provided you with a link to the Irish Payment Services Organisation's IBAN calculator. This is the same calculator that is available on our Mobile Banking App. If you wish to use the Bank of Ireland IBAN calculator, you can access this here.

To clarify, it has never been possible to view your full account details on 365 Online unless you have registered for the optional service of e-Statements. This was also the case pre-SEPA.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement