Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI 365 Online Email (Fraud?)

Options
  • 06-05-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

Hope I have the right forum for this, apologies if I don't.

I have been getting the following email quite regularly:

Dear Customer,

For your security, we have temporarily prevented access to your account

For immediate access, you are required to follow the instruction below to confirm your account in order to secure your personal account informations.

Please click the link below to confirm your account information

http://lcinspecoes.com.br/bank.of.ireland/365/online/verify/

It comes from this email address:

3 6 5 | Bank of Ireland Online <localresult@pharmacy.com>

I am not a BOI customer, and have never signed up to an account with them using the email address this is being sent to.

I thought I would flag in the hope it helps some investigation into fraudulent activity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Derv,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

Please be aware that this email is not from Bank of Ireland and we would never email any customers asking to verify accounts or asking for account details or password information.  

If you still have the email, please forward it to 365security@boi.com for investigation. If you have clicked on any link in the email it may also be advisable to run an anti-virus scan on your computer. 

For more information on these types of phishing email scams, please see here 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and if you need help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement