Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurospar loyalty card - Text spam from Derek Keating ?

Options
  • 06-05-2014 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭

Just checking, my fioncee got an SMS text spam from that local politican/clown Derek Keating there a day or two ago.
    I absolutely detest SMS spam.

( He was the one who claimed to initiate and led the campaign for a new school extension, when he had nothing to do with it. The school prinicipal slammed him publicly in the local newspaper, and Keatings assistant was caught on CC-TV taking all the free newspapers to try and bury the story )

http://www.gazettegroup.com/news/principal-blasts-keating-leaflet/

http://www.thejournal.ie/derek-keating-newspapers-lucan-901093-May2013/

She suspects it came from the Eurospar loyalty card scheme... can't think of any other way he could've got it.

Anyone else sign up for the Eurospar loyalty card (Lucan/Ballyowen) and get an SMS Text spam from him ?

Comments

Just checking, my fioncee got an SMS text spam from that local politican/clown Derek Keating there a day or two ago.
    I absolutely detest SMS spam.

( He was the one who claimed to initiate and led the campaign for a new school extension, when he had nothing to do with it. The school prinicipal slammed him publicly in the local newspaper, and Keatings assistant was caught on CC-TV taking all the free newspapers to try and bury the story )

http://www.gazettegroup.com/news/principal-blasts-keating-leaflet/

http://www.thejournal.ie/derek-keating-newspapers-lucan-901093-May2013/

She suspects it came from the Eurospar loyalty card scheme... can't think of any other way he could've got it.

Anyone else sign up for the Eurospar loyalty card (Lucan/Ballyowen) and get an SMS Text spam from him ?

I'm signed up and didn't get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Can you reveal what was contained in the message?
    Also, are you sure your fiance has never contacted him at any stage? There may be a completely innocent reason as to how he obtained the number.
    TBH, I'd be surprised if a TD spammed people. It's something that is drummed into all politicians that data protection is something to be adhered to at all times. Certainly with the trouble surrounding Shatter and Mick Wallace, Keating would have to be even dumber than I previously thought possible to do somethng like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I get the odd text from Keating but they didn't get my number through eurospar. Not sure how I ended up on the list

Also on Francis Fitzgeralds mail list, no idea how I'm on that either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Heroditas wrote: »
    Can you reveal what was contained in the message?
    Also, are you sure your fiance has never contacted him at any stage?

Definite she didn't contact him, we're not political nor have any local issues that we would contact a politican over.

I think the gist of it was that he was sick for a while but now "is back".

Maybe it's O2 selling out its PAYG customers as usual.
    She had problems with them before, sending out subscription service texts to her and then the 3rd party company claimed she clicked on them and started charging her €5 a week.

Anyway, couldn't convince her to complain to O2 about it.
    Need to take a strong stance against text spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I get the odd text from Keating but they didn't get my number through eurospar. Not sure how I ended up on the list

Also on Francis Fitzgeralds mail list, no idea how I'm on that either

I'm on both too. I do have an idea why I'm on those. 5 years ago there were meetings between concerned residents and William Lavelle (who wasn't a councillor yet) about the Clonburris high rise planning application. I gave my email address to be on the newsletter list

Shortly after Derek Keating joined FG and must have gained access to the email addresses. Lavelle looked like he was far from happy that Keating joined him - it was palpable during meetings :D

And of course Frances Fitzgerald then got access to the same list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

unkel wrote: »
    Shortly after Derek Keating joined FG and must have gained access to the email addresses. Lavelle looked like he was far from happy that Keating joined him - it was palpable during meetings :D

I'd say Lavelle liked him even less (if that was possible) when Keating was selected as the second FG candidate in the last General Election.
    Lavelle's team called to the door last night. I was putting the little one to bed so couldn't answer. I was raging I couldn't talk because I would have been at least able to have a healthy debate instead of the usual nonsense you get from the swivel-eyed loons in some of the other parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I got that text but I did him contact him a few years ago and sorted something for me.
    Maybe someone gave him your number by mistake, just contact him and he take you off the list

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Minatauro

I got some texts from him also. I can only guess it was when I signed the petition for a post office in the eurospar, they must have used the phone numbers from that.

Advertisement