Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Nani is hardly world class.

He didn't say that, not even slightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

He didn't say that, not even slightly.

I didn't say he did, not even slightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

toni Kroos lads....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TheTownie wrote: »
    Adnan's agent, Dirk De Vries;
    But money has never been a deciding factor in his choice."

Much to his agent's frustration, I'm guessing.

bangkok wrote: »
    toni Kroos lads....

...?

• Advertisement

I didn't say he did, not even slightly.

Well aren't you another special case, just like saying random things to yourself so I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

I'm a bit late to this debate cos I'm only just getting around to watching the highlights of last night now, but why in the name of god was Fellaini playing in the attacking midfield role?

I would be one of Fellaini's biggest advocaters, but if that is the position they intend on playing him then get rid of him now. Boggles the mind that he spent the whole game in a further advanced role then Kagawa, and that he kept Mata out of the team to play that position.

Watch him over the summer for Belgium playing in a cm/dm role and you will see what he can provide us which we are badly lacking, someone to support the defence from midfield and break up opposition play.

Absolute nonsense if he is gonna be consistently used in the same way as he was last night though. Hopefully Van Gaal sees sense in this department

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

bangkok wrote: »
    toni Kroos lads....

WHat about him?

Why bring him up?

What have you heard?

Spill the beans.

Well aren't you another special case, just like saying random things to yourself so I take it?

A special case for Sherlock to work on. Maybe you should step away from the computer and readjust your underpants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Paying homage to Vidic some good ones in it,

Love this fact
    Nemanja Vidic once turned up for training late – Fergie fined the rest of the team for being early.

And the one about the blood and smiling, sums him up.

http://www.squawka.com/news/14-nemanja-vidic-moments-which-ensure-hell-never-be-forgotten-by-man-united-fans/66637

This is in their too http://www.averageopposition.com/2013/10/player-comparison-ferdinand-vidic-vs.html comaparing Rio/Vidic and Bruce/Pallister.

• Advertisement

And it wasn't a random comment. The chap said Conte is building a world class team. I say Nani is not world class, and therefore doesn't fit into a world class team.
    You don't have to agree with it, but no need to be going on the attack like you're all offended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

And it wasn't a random comment. The chap said Conte is building a world class team. I say Nani is not world class, and therefore doesn't fit into a world class team.
    You don't have to agree with it, but no need to be going on the attack like you're all offended.

A world class team doesn't require every player to be world class within it though. Maybe that was the point.

A world class team doesn't require every player to be world class within it though. Maybe that was the point.

It does, however, require players who are not world class to actually put in some effort from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Nani is hardly world class.

his form for a major part of the 2011 & 2012 seasons was world class for a winger save for a couple of bad games here and there.

he has spent alot of the time since injured but people seem to forget he was one of our best players during this time, especially in the title win of 2011 when he was voted player of the year by the players. he got 20 goals and had over 30 assists over those 2 seasons...those are excellent levels

his last 2 seasons have been muck, but we should not forget how good he was when at the top of his form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

i wouldnt consider much of the barca defence over the last 6 years world class but barca are considered by almost everyone to be world class same goes for real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Would the winners of the EL make no bearing on whether you lot wants to qualify for it?

NTMK wrote: »
    i wouldnt consider much of the barca defence over the last 6 years world class but barca are considered by almost everyone to be world class same goes for real

They do enough. Nani doesn't.

Would the winners of the EL make no bearing on whether you lot wants to qualify for it?

i can take it or leave it tbh id rather focus on rebuilding in the BPL than have the squad deal with thursday games. make the league the prime focus

his form for a major part of the 2011 & 2012 seasons was world class for a winger save for a couple of bad games here and there.

he has spent alot of the time since injured but people seem to forget he was one of our best players during this time, especially in the title win of 2011 when he was voted player of the year by the players. he got 20 goals and had over 30 assists over those 2 seasons...those are excellent levels

his last 2 seasons have been muck, but we should not forget how good he was when at the top of his form.

Yeah, Andy Carroll had a couple of great seasons. His form has been damaged by injuries also.

A special case for Sherlock to work on. Maybe you should step away from the computer and readjust your underpants.

Maybe if you spent more time thinking about football, and less time thinking about me in my underpants, you might have a clue what you're on about.

I'm not offended, I agree with you that Nani is not world class, he hasn't even signed for Juve, so he wouldn't have been classed as one of the World Class players Conte has bought (following the discussion??).

It does, however, require players who are not world class to actually put in some effort from time to time.

Alex Song was never world class, and if you are going to try and tell me that that means, that Barca are not a World Class team, you're even more special than I thought.

Ah go on for the laugh, please elaborate??

You're basically arguing with yourself that Nani isn't World Class, because nobody disagreed with you.

:)

• Advertisement

no reason nani cant do enough for juve and still what kind logic is that a team doesnt have world class players for every position doesnt mean they arent world class when both barca and real are lacking at the back are are 2of the best teams in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Nani, Nani, Nani!

He is the best filter ever.

Maybe if you spent more time thinking about football, and less time thinking about me in my underpants, you might have a clue what you're on about.

I'm not offended, I agree with you that Nani is not world class, he hasn't even signed for Juve, so he wouldn't have been classed as one of the World Class players Conte has bought (following the discussion??).

Alex Song was never world class, and if you are going to try and tell me that that means, that Barca are not a World Class team, you're even more special than I thought.

You're basically arguing with yourself that Nani isn't World Class, because nobody disagreed with you.

I was commenting on the post that Nani going to Juve would help Conte build a world class team. Wasn't aware that it had been a discussion?? (What are you following, Sherlock?)
    And you sure seem offended to me, which might explain why you are throwing offensive remarks my way.
    I fail to see what relevance Alex Song has to this...

Players like Pepe, Ramos, Puyol, Pique, etc., may not be world class but they put in a shift more often than not. Nani, on the other hand, rarely puts in a decent shift.
    Go on, argue this point, for a laugh, special case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I was commenting on the post that Nani going to Juve would help Conte build a world class team. Wasn't aware that it had been a discussion?? (What are you following, Sherlock?)
    And you sure seem offended to me, which might explain why you are throwing offensive remarks my way.
    I fail to see what relevance Alex Song has to this...

Read back again good lad i said Conte has build a world class team for pittance, not Nani going would help them build a world class team. I never in the post said Nani is world class. You are the only person who said he is world class, nobody is saying he is world class so i am not sure what your arguing about.

Yeah, Andy Carroll had a couple of great seasons. His form has been damaged by injuries also.

a couple of months you mean?...then he fell off a bar stool and hasnt been seen since.

Players like Pepe, Ramos, Puyol, Pique, etc., may not be world class but they put in a shift more often than not. Nani, on the other hand, rarely puts in a decent shift.
    Go on, argue this point, for a laugh, special case.

Nani has been injured on and off for the last two years, before that he was one of our star performers, he has always put in a decent shift for United when he has played, if you think he hasn't, then you are as deluded and fickle as the next person.

I am not offended by you personally, I am however offended by your initial stupidity, and the subsequent nonsense you've been spouting, while dodging any actual points that have been made.

Alas, I am going to bow out of this, as it is like talking to a stone, you're literally arguing with yourself over things, only YOU have actually said.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Read back again good lad i said Conte has build a world class team for pittance, not Nani going would help them build a world class team. I never in the post said Nani is world class. You are the only person who said he is world class, nobody is saying he is world class so i am not sure what your arguing about.

I'm simply claiming he was not world class. And I don't think he'd fit into a world class team. I'm not arguing either. Sherlock wants to throw a personal insult at me and I'm defending myself.

The summer is going to be unbearable lads. Its going to be like this everyday, fights breaking out to cure the lack of news and boredom.

We need a thread game or something or else it will be

Xsmga.gif

or

7qLipZC.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Despite finishing outside the CL places,we are going to earn more money from tv rights than last season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2621731/Man-City-set-95m-TV-money-win-league-bottom-earn-United-season.html#ixzz3129iHuHM

Nani has been injured on and off for the last two years, before that he was one of our star performers, he has always put in a decent shift for United when he has played, if you think he hasn't, then you are as deluded and fickle as the next person.

I am not offended by you personally, I am however offended by your initial stupidity, and the subsequent nonsense you've been spouting, while dodging any actual points that have been made.

Alas, I am going to bow out of this, as it is like talking to a stone, you're literally arguing with yourself over things, only YOU have actually said.

I've seen many a game where he has not put in a decent shift. Having injuries isn't an excuse for that. Go look at the Sunderland game to see his level of effort.
    I've addressed all your points, by the way. And you say I'm stupid, when you need to insult a person to debate.

Good riddance to you.

a couple of months you mean?...then he fell off a bar stool and hasnt been seen since.

Well, it was a little more than a season or so. Then Liverpool ruined him. :pac:

And you say I'm stupid, when you need to insult a person to debate.

I never said you were stupid, even smart people say stupid things.

What is stupid however, is arguing a point that nobody is disputing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Carroll never had two seasons like Nani did in fairness!

Well, it was a little more than a season or so. Then Liverpool ruined him. :pac:

one season in the championship then 2 or 3 months of PL when he got 10 or 11 goals.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

There is no comparison between Nani and Carroll when it comes to their impact in the Premier League either past, or present.

Malouda would be a good comparison to Nani I would think?

zerks wrote: »
    Despite finishing outside the CL places,we are going to earn more money from tv rights than last season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2621731/Man-City-set-95m-TV-money-win-league-bottom-earn-United-season.html#ixzz3129iHuHM

is this not the same for all teams though!? we were projected to top hit £420million in revenue this year, i assume it would have been including this increased revenue. we appear to be in line to get about £81million, but would have been expecting perhaps mininum of £90million

i would also expect us to be down a good share already on that £420m but its next year we will feel the real pinch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

For anyone who didn't see RVPs interview on MUTV. Sounds like a man who owns who the next manager will be....

"Trust me. We will be back. Yeah! Trust me! Save this interview!"

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/robin-van-persie-tells-mutv-trust-me-man-united-will-be-back-trust-me-save-this-interview-video/

Raf left out of Brazils WC squad. Thats gotta be a let down for him.

All the fullbacks going are

Daniel Alves (Barcelona - Spain)
    Maicon (Roma - Italy)
    Marcelo (Real Madrid - Spain)
    Maxwell (PSG - France)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

is this not the same for all teams though!?

yes.

PL prize money has gone up really considerably this season.

(eg) the teams that get relegated will get about as much as last seasons Champions.

20140103-210514.jpg

PL-cash-12-13.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Yeah, that's a shame. Should be motivation to improve further.

Lucas Moura didn't get in either. I would have thought they'd find a place for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Maicon (Roma - Italy)
    Maxwell (PSG - France)

Can't be much of a surprise really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Maicon (Roma - Italy)
    Maxwell (PSG - France)

He got a raw deal after the Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Looking forward to the end of a very poor season.

Things can only get better next year, and it shouldnt be too hard, our away form this year is comparable with the top 2, just need to recapture our Home dominance...

Read that when fans met Ed Woodward in Munich before our CL game last month he actually told them a couple of names hes hoping to sign in the summer...(Reus was one).
    I hope Ed puts his money where his mouth is and tries to sort out a good few deals before the world cup starts....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Cant understand the man love some fans have for Nani

Valencia had a good season or two, Carrick has had a good season or two since coming same as Nani. None of them are world class and will be forgotten about a year or two after they leave Utd.

Robson99 wrote: »

Valencia had a good season or two, Carrick has had a good season or two since coming same as Nani. None of them are world class and will be forgotten about a year or two after they leave Utd.

You have to give him credit though for the form he showed from Jan 2010 till summer 2012, hes done pretty much nothing since but lets not forget how good he was and personally I felt he was robbed of the PFA award in 2011.

• Robson99 wrote: »

No man love for Nani but he has the ability to do spectaular things, his consistancy can let him down however. He is worth holding onto.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Robson99 wrote: »

Im a firm believer that the prettier a player is the more love he gets round here. Dimi Kagawa Nani Rafael. All nearly theres as far as Im concerned but legends on the boards forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Maicon (Roma - Italy)
    Maxwell (PSG - France)

Obviously he'll be upset but it's not a surprise at all. I don't think he's been called up since that mistake in the Olympics final.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement