Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Hococop wrote: »
    See this is where I can't tell who is taking the piss and who is trying to be genuine, with all the speculation and rumors its hard to tell who is adding fuel to the fire, ive a feeling you're joking because of the specific time :)

I've contacts in Turin :) in fairness anyone coming on pretending to be ITK should be turfed out. If you seen something from a journo or someone of credibility then by all means post it. Posting that you have contacts is nonsense, I have contacts at underage level and most of the times these coaches who are involved with a club don't know senior team affairs so unless someone has an inside track to Woody or LVG there talking cap IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

yes I agree it is speculation on my behalf, on sky sports behalf and on BBC's as no one can know for certain only the player until the deal is signed for example, Gerrard in 2005 to Chelsea the deal was 99.9% completed and then at 12 o clock at night gerrard called the chairman and said he wanted to stay at Liverpool as his family had been threatened... or roy keane to Blackburn he shook hands with dalglish and he signed for united... and who can forget diego forlan and berbatov.... forlan agreed to join Middlesbrough, berba man city and were both met at the airport by utd officials and signed for united.....

BUT and its a massive but.... as it stands as of this moment from what I have been told luke Shaw and Toni Kroos will be joining Man Utd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Quite an entertaining piece written by a Dutch journalist with advice for his British counterparts in how to interview Van Gaal. Can't wait to see his first press conference.

http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2014/05/21/british-journalists-follow-these-ten-rules-for-interviewing-louis-van-gaal/

A little taste:
    3. Don’t introduce yourself Or else he’ll know your name, remember it and use it against you. You will not be some anonymous guy with a microphone and a cameraman on his side; you will be Gary, or Clive, or Tony, with whom he will or will not have a feud from the get-go. (He will.)

bangkok wrote: »
    yes I agree it is speculation on my behalf, on sky sports behalf and on BBC's as no one can know for certain only the player until the deal is signed for example, Gerrard in 2005 to Chelsea the deal was 99.9% completed and then at 12 o clock at night gerrard called the chairman and said he wanted to stay at Liverpool as his family had been threatened... or roy keane to Blackburn he shook hands with dalglish and he signed for united... and who can forget diego forlan and berbatov.... forlan agreed to join Middlesbrough, berba man city and were both met at the airport by utd officials and signed for united.....

BUT and its a massive but.... as it stands as of this moment from what I have been told luke Shaw and Toni Kroos will be joining Man Utd...

Told by who? From what I've been told this also true, however my sources are journos on twitter etc. Your implying you have an inside knowledge which i highly doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

When you read "What I have been told" just assume he meant "What I have read"

Saves time

kryogen wrote: »
    When you read "What I have been told" just assume he meant "What I have read"

Saves time

Spot on, I need to stop biting!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Well, as it stands as of this moment (11.20) from what I have been told, we are not signing Luke Shaw and Toni Kroos.

The more I hear and read about Van Gaal, the more I cannot wait for the season to start. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

BUT and its a massive but.... as it stands as of this moment from what I have read luke Shaw and Toni Kroos will be joining Man Utd...

FYP

Its pretty lame pretending to be ITK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The more I hear and read about Van Gaal, the more I cannot wait for the season to start. :D

If he doesn't stunner Oliver Holt in his first preser I'll be nothing short of disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

glued wrote: »
    Pque is an overrated centre half. He's far too slow and prone to clumsy decisions. If he didn't have Busquets in front of him he'd be badly exposed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Barcelona buy two centre backs this summer.

Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Paul Pogba end up at Barcelona this Summer. The loss of Pogba rests solely at Ferguson's door. What an incredibly naive and stupid decision. The game where he played Rafael in midfield was an absolutely catastrophic decision and probably the straw that broke the Camels back for Pogba.

Didn't Pogba himself say that it was Fergies decision to bring Scholes out of retirement that persuaded him to leave?

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Didn't Pogba himself say that it was Fergies decision to bring Scholes out of retirement that persuaded him to leave?

Think he said that aswell but the main one was sticking a RB in instead of him at Blackburn made him realise he was wasting his time a united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Quote:

3. Don’t introduce yourself Or else he’ll know your name, remember it and use it against you. You will not be some anonymous guy with a microphone and a cameraman on his side; you will be Gary, or Clive, or Tony, with whom he will or will not have a feud from the get-go. (He will.)

Or Geoff.

Heh! Can't wait! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

yes I agree it is speculation on my behalf

I thought you had a brother at Carrington and sources in Turin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Bangkok's brother spotted at Carrington, our man on the scene and in the know.

Reporter-e1397436088627.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I thought you had a brother at Carrington and sources in Turin?

His Brother is a toilet cleaner and his mate in Turin is Pogba who he met through said jax cleaning bro while at United.

my source comes direct from Carrington.... and he happens to be my brother..:)

Is your brother a player/coach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

His Brother is a toilet cleaner and his mate in Turin is Pogba who he met through said jax cleaning bro while at United.

maybe the mystery of the mole tea lady has been finally resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Ah.... that old 'what I have been told' nugget..... bangkok aint the only one

• When you search van gaal in google, the 4th closest search term is 'Louis van gaal balls'

WTF :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If United does have the money to buy any Byern Munich player according to the BILD, I would want Kroos and Muller.
    The rumours United are interested in Konoplyanka, he would be good if and I would near enough bet my house on it that Muller is unobtainable.

I really believe Van Gaal should go strongly after Muller, a perfect player for United.
    Muller: "It's not a secret that Louis van Gaal and I have a relationship that goes a bit further than a normal trainer-coach relationship"
    Then the bad news... "I have a contract with Bayern Munich until the summer of 2017, I really enjoy playing for Bayern. There's not really anything better than this."
    Pity he won't be leaving....

RobertKK wrote: »
    If United does have the money to buy any Byern Munich player according to the BILD, I would want Kroos and Muller.
    The rumours United are interested in Konoplyanka, he would be good if and I would near enough bet my house on it that Muller is unobtainable.

I really believe Van Gaal should go strongly after Muller, a perfect player for United.
    Muller: "It's not a secret that Louis van Gaal and I have a relationship that goes a bit further than a normal trainer-coach relationship"
    Then the bad news... "I have a contract with Bayern Munich until the summer of 2017, I really enjoy playing for Bayern. There's not really anything better than this."
    Pity he won't be leaving....

honestly, i dont think Muller will solve any of our problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    When you search van gaal in google, the 4th closest search term is 'Louis van gaal balls'

WTF :pac:

Those suggestions are based on your own previous search patterns. Fourth search term for me is "Louis Van Gaal Spurs".

What have you been googling?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Id be inclined to agree with you. Our problems are in defence, midfield, pace and supplying the ball up front. Muller is an attacking player and we already have plenty of them.

KH25 wrote: »
    Id be inclined to agree with you. Our problems are in defence, midfield, pace and supplying the ball up front. Muller is an attacking player and we already have plenty of them.

while we all know what you say is true, its actually scary when you think about it and see it written so simple.

Pace is a big problem, but would Nasri, Silva, negredo and Aguero be that much quicker than our equivalent 4 - Kagawa, Mata, Van Persie and Rooney?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

while we all know what you say is true, its actually scary when you think about it and see it written so simple.

I thought exactly the same while I was typing it out. There really is so much to address with the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Hummels father/agent talking;
    "I know Louis van Gaal from his time at Bayern Munich," Herman told talkSport.

"He's not contacted me about Mats moving to Manchester (United) though.

"I have heard some rumours but Mats is happy at Dortmund at the moment, and only thinking about the World Cup."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Mata Is a better number 10 than Muller imo. I think theres better wide players out there than him too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I don't think we should sign Kroos, My very knowledgeable Liverpool supporting friends have suddenly come to the conclusion that he is crap, over rated, not worth 10 million, Cant get into the Bayern team, a reject, etc etc etc :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Muller can play pretty much anywhere and has great pace. Would be a huge asset to any squad.

Probably wouldn't solve any of the glaring squad problems United have directly the way, say, signing Shaw would, but would still add depth to the front six, while obviously being massively better than any of the other wingers at the club.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Muller can play pretty much anywhere and has great pace. Would be a huge asset to any squad.

Probably wouldn't solve any of the glaring squad problems United have directly the way, say, signing Shaw would, but would still add depth to the front six, while obviously being massively better than any of the other wingers at the club.

Yeah where Valencia plays is a natural position for Muller.

A huge asset as you say and he knows where the goal is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I don't believe any of this ITK nonsense, since none of them report talking to the only non-footballing, and most knowledgeable, staff member at Old Trafford; the tea lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Müller would be a sensational signing for United. He's only 24 and puts Young and Valencia to shame. He plays out right for Germany.

We only have one good winger - Januzaj who has similar stats to Ronaldo at 18 years of age.

I read a LvG quote this morning (I think it was on the BBC but I can't find it) saying that only 6 United players currently can be guaranteed a spot in the team. Anyone have a link?

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I read a LvG quote this morning (I think it was on the BBC but I can't find it) saying that only 6 United players currently can be guaranteed a spot in the team. Anyone have a link?

Hmmmmmmm....

DDG - for sure
    Van Persie - for sure
    Mata - I would think so
    Kagawa - rated very highly by LVG
    Rooney - Surely?
    Who would the sixth be?

Any word on René Meulensteen coming back to United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Hmmmmmmm....

DDG - for sure
    Van Persie - for sure
    Mata - I would think so
    Rooney - Surely?
    Who would the sixth be?

Cleverley? :rolleyes:

Januzaj perhaps as LVG likes to give youth a go but I'm not sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Who do we reckon they could be? I'll go for DeGea Mata Rooney VanPersie Kagawa and Adnan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I don't believe any of this ITK nonsense, since none of them report talking to the only non-footballing, and most knowledgeable, staff member at Old Trafford; the tea lady.

we should send our tea lady to sign Kroos and Hummels

6a73411dc8f1d5dee575d144b5d0bb45b7bb0d0d-634x422.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised.

De Gea
    RVP
    Rooney
    Mata
    Kagawa
    Januzaj???

No midfielders I can think of.
    Rafael is questionable, Jones??? Evans???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

De Gea
    Mata
    RVP
    Januzaj
    Rooney
    Jones

Hopefully Kagawa does get a renewed lease of life under LVG, make or break season for him if hes still here end of summer.

Hmmmmmmm....

DDG - for sure
    Van Persie - for sure
    Mata - I would think so
    Rooney - Surely?
    Who would the sixth be?

Well the BBC has our squad listed as

307909.PNG
    Capture.PNG

RVP is safe and porbably in with a shout of being Captain
    Kagawa and Mata are both excellent players and should be kept. Matagawa could really enjoy the attacking ball under LvG.
    DeGea has been sensational. He's a deinate starter.
    Rooney... could clash with LvG's character. Interesting to see.

And No. 6 being Adnannnnnnnnn <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Any word on René Meulensteen coming back to United?

Hopefully not. He's a very negative coach.

Hmmmmmmm....

DDG - for sure
    Van Persie - for sure
    Mata - I would think so
    Rooney - Surely?
    Who would the sixth be?

Seems we all agree on that five.

We all have trouble with number 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Januzaj: 'I chose country where I was born & studied. I took my time, my decision is final coz I wanted to focus on #MUFC.' via Sport/Foot

For an 18 year old, any media stuff and interviews I've seem from Adnan have been very encouraging. He seems to be very mature and focused for his age.

LVG has all the credentials to enable Adnan to become the world class talent we all know he has the potential to be.

I'm just as excited to see how he progresses this season, as I am at the prospect of Kroos / Shaw / X, signing on the dotted line.

Cannot fuçking wait for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Rooney won't fit in with van Gaal. He's not disciplined enough. He offend ventures wildly towards the ball leaving huge gaps behind him. Leaving the two central midfielders behind him badly exposed.

Rooney is someone who can certainly be useful under van Gaal but only as a striker and van Persie is a better player than Rooney so I don't see this working out for him.

Fenix wrote: »
    For an 18 year old, any media stuff and interviews I've seem from Adnan have been very encouraging. He seems to be very mature and focused for his age.

LVG has all the credentials to enable Adnan to become the world class talent we all know he has the potential to be.

I'm just as excited to see how he progresses this season, as I am at the prospect of Kroos / Shaw / X, signing on the dotted line.

Cannot fuçking wait for next season.

Legend. But I'm docking maturity points for the "coz".

• keane2097 wrote: »
    Those suggestions are based on your own previous search patterns. Fourth search term for me is "Louis Van Gaal Spurs".

What have you been googling?

Kid you not, I have checked on another PC and it's the same, No search history on these machines there shared anyway there searches related to, :rolleyes: Smartarse

glued wrote: »
    Rooney won't fit in with van Gaal. He's not disciplined enough. He offend ventures wildly towards the ball leaving huge gaps behind him. Leaving the two central midfielders behind him badly exposed.

Rooney is someone who can certainly be useful under van Gaal but only as a striker and van Persie is a better player than Rooney so I don't see this working out for him.

ok I do think he could be sold if Van Gaal doesn't have a system to play both RVP and Rooney.
    I think he will have a system to incorporate him, we are not overloaded with top players.
    Most of us can pick 5 and then speculate on a 6th.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement