Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• RobertKK wrote: »
    ok I do think he could be sold if Van Gaal doesn't have a system to play both RVP and Rooney.
    I think he will have a system to incorporate him, we are not overloaded with top players.
    Most of us can pick 5 and then speculate on a 6th.

Who steps in if RVP is injured in this case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

M!Ck^ wrote: »

The mighty young Wilson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I read somewhere (one of the red tops/or an equivalent website) that LVG only rates 4 of our players
    DDG
    Mata
    Rooney
    RVP

I also read he's comments on kagawa being the best player in germany circa 2011/12

Outside of that everything is up for grabs in defence and midfield..

as we say all speculation rumour and here'say

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

_75001388_cristianoronaldo1.jpg
    On This Day in 2008 Cristiano Ronaldo helped Man Utd defeat Chelsea in the Champions League final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

33692_ori_bebe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Müller would be a sensational signing for United. He's only 24 and puts Young and Valencia to shame. He plays out right for Germany.

A one legged donkey would put Valencia and Young to shame. Valencia literally does nothing other than boot the ball at the first man and Young either goes missing or constantly tries to cut in for the shot. As wingers they offer very very little.

brinty wrote: »
    I read somewhere (one of the red tops/or an equivalent website) that LVG only rates 4 of our players
    DDG
    Mata
    Rooney
    RVP

I also read he's comments on kagawa being the best player in germany circa 2011/12

Outside of that everything is up for grabs in defence and midfield..

as we say all speculation rumour and here'say

I honestly expect a lot of youth to come through under LvG. Lawrence, Wilson, Janko, Keane, Valera will all play for the first team at some point next season.

Hernandez ( :'( )Welbeck, Cleverly, Nani, Young, Valencia, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Carrick and Fletcher would want to step up to the plate fast. Edit: Even Smalling and Jones would want to sort themselves out. Evans too.

• glued wrote: »
    Rooney won't fit in with van Gaal. He's not disciplined enough. He offend ventures wildly towards the ball leaving huge gaps behind him. Leaving the two central midfielders behind him badly exposed.

Rooney is someone who can certainly be useful under van Gaal but only as a striker and van Persie is a better player than Rooney so I don't see this working out for him.

To clarify better out & out striker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Kid you not, I have checked on another PC and it's the same, No search history on these machines there shared anyway there searches related to, :rolleyes: Smartarse

You may have discovered a friend with similar interests.

• keane2097 wrote: »
    You may have discovered a friend with similar interests.

Really your going to argue this?

It's related search terms from google

See here;

https://support.google.com/trends/answer/4355000?hl=en

FS

• Advertisement

Really your going to argue this?

It's related search terms from google

See here;

FS

Jaysus you're a bit touchy aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think Hernandez will stay as will Welbeck, but I would first try a system to incorporate Rooney.
    Rooney for me is the hardest player to incorporate, as we know RVP is safe.

The mighty young Wilson!

Yes, how could I forget such a sensational debut.

• RobertKK wrote: »
    I think Hernandez will stay as will Welbeck, but I would first try a system to incorporate Rooney.
    Rooney for me is the hardest player to incorporate, as we know RVP is safe.

This is based on if he uses a 4-3-3- formation but is it a guarantee? I'm not sure.

At Mick and keano

i did that search

4th was louis van gaal spurs
    interestingly
    8th was louis van gaal balls

i'm on a work computer so nothing inappropriate is looked for on it

No your just on the wind up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

This is based on if he uses a 4-3-3- formation but is it a guarantee? I'm not sure.

No I read an article about his different formations he has deployed. He will adapt to the talent he has available. It was 4-4-2 with AZ so wouldn't get hung up on the 4-3-3 thing for the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

keane2097 wrote: »

A man goes a bit mad from looking at balls all day long!!

Mine goes
    Loius van Gaal
    Loius van Gaal Spurs
    Loius van Gaal Man Utd
    Loius van Gaal quotes

No your just on the wind up.

You seem like you'd be great craic at a party :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    At Mick and keano

i did that search

4th was louis van gaal spurs
    interestingly
    8th was louis van gaal balls

i'm on a work computer so nothing inappropriate is looked for on it
    Julez wrote: »
    A man goes a bit mad from looking at balls all day long!!

Mine goes
    Loius van Gaal
    Loius van Gaal Spurs
    Loius van Gaal Man Utd
    Loius van Gaal quotes

Hard to credit these posts now - who's going to admit they've searched for "balls" a lot? :pac:

I agree, wouldn't be surprised to see a variety of formations.

• duffman13 wrote: »
    No I read an article about his different formations he has deployed. He will adapt to the talent he has available. It was 4-4-2 so wouldn't get hung up on the 4-3-3 thing for the moment

Fair enough, but I can't see a 4-4-2 working with them both up top, it's a very interesting dilemma. Rooney getting the contract @ Xmas makes it even more complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

3yk0Q3U.png

Hard to credit these posts now - who's going to admit they've searched for "balls" a lot? :pac:

You just don't get it.

Try reading it again;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Fair enough, but I can't see a 4-4-2 working with them both up top, it's a very interesting dilemma. Rooney getting the contract @ Xmas makes it even more complicated.

Yeah I agree, what I'm trying to say is he will base his formation on the talent he has available. Obviously he has a preferred one in 4-3-3 however he won't shoe horn players into a system. I think a lot of fans are under the impression we will play 4-3-3 regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

fabregas has been left out of the official barcelona kit launch photo....... read into that what you will.......

• bangkok wrote: »
    fabregas has been left out of the official barcelona kit launch photo....... read into that what you will.......

40 million and 1 euro please..
    submit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I read a LvG quote this morning (I think it was on the BBC but I can't find it) saying that only 6 United players currently can be guaranteed a spot in the team. Anyone have a link?

Here you go,

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/379747/EXCLUSIVE-Louis-Van-Gaal-only-rates-FOUR-Man-Utd-stars-and-is-preparing-huge-overhaul
    And of the current squad, the Holland manager has higlighted only David De Gea, Juan Mata, Robin Van Persie and Rooney as players he believes are good enough to be mainstays of the new-look side.

bangkok wrote: »

Wasn't he left out last season too and thats where the whole fiasco started?

Get Big Dave and the Chosen Juan on a plane to Barcaelona now! :cool:

mike65 wrote: »

Daily Star? Meh. Thanks for the link but I'd just ignore it now. Thought it was the BBC. Must've been their gossip column.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't shoot the messenger! :pac:

Four is rather harsh - I can think of six.

RobertKK wrote: »
    If United does have the money to buy any Byern Munich player according to the BILD, I would want Kroos and Muller.
    The rumours United are interested in Konoplyanka, he would be good if and I would near enough bet my house on it that Muller is unobtainable.

I really believe Van Gaal should go strongly after Muller, a perfect player for United.
    Muller: "It's not a secret that Louis van Gaal and I have a relationship that goes a bit further than a normal trainer-coach relationship"
    Then the bad news... "I have a contract with Bayern Munich until the summer of 2017, I really enjoy playing for Bayern. There's not really anything better than this."
    Pity he won't be leaving....

For a young guy like Muller, playing for Bayern Munich is the top of the top. The Germans (and Bavarians) in the lower leagues devote their lives to the game in the hope of one day playing for Bayern Munich. For many of them who get there, this is the pinnacle of achievement and their dreams realised.

Munich is a magnificent city and to be a star at Bayern gives you the run/keys of this great city, the players are like Bavarian royalty to the fans and citizens of Munich. For someone like Thomas Muller to give this up and move to Manchester (or anywhere else) there needs to be something seriously unsettling them at the club, be it problems with the manager/board or a major pay dispute. Thomas Muller does not currently seem like a player who has any of those problems, going by the above quotes from him and his demeanor while wearing the shirt.

Toni Kroos however, that seems to be a different story and he appears unsettled. As much as I rate Muller, I think our money would be far better spent on fixing the obvious holes in the first team. Toni Kroos is obviously a player who, on paper anyway, would slot right in and fill one major void in our MF.

Now, watch as LVG signs Muller, Reus and Cavani!

P.S. Hehe - Muller Reus, now I'm hungry. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Whether we like it or not we are going to be linked with everyone and anyone so that papers get sold and internet pages get hits. There will definitely be changes, but I hope to God there is no truth in the stories that average has beens like Bacary Sagna and second rate players like Alex Song are anywhere even as backups in LVGs restructuring plans.

Wasn't he left out last season too and thats where the whole fiasco started?

Get Big Dave and the Chosen Juan on a plane to Barcaelona now! :cool:

Would they not already be in his ears at spanish pre world cup camp :eek:

the two of them should be on to Koke too when he arrives after the champions league final ;)

wonder how Thiago will deal with the special juan moving in on his bromance with DDG...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

kstand wrote: »
    Whether we like it or not we are going to be linked with everyone and anyone so that papers get sold and internet pages get hits. There will definitely be changes, but I hope to God there is no truth in the stories that average has beens like Bacary Sagna and second rate players like Alex Song are anywhere even as backups in LVGs restructuring plans.

I don't know what people's problem is with Alex Song :confused:
    Massive upgrade on what's there at the moment. Made a huge difference when he came on at the weekend in the title decider. Not getting into Barca's midfield on a regular basis is nothing to be ashamed of.

If he was signed along with Kroos I'd be f*cking delighted.

You just don't get it.

Try reading it again;

Are you serious? I don't give a **** about google trends. Try not to explode when people make extremely tame jokes at your expense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmm....

DDG - for sure
    Van Persie - for sure
    Mata - I would think so
    Kagawa - rated very highly by LVG
    Rooney - Surely?
    Who would the sixth be?

Bebé baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

He wasn't in last years either. Probably an image rights issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

NO WAY would the club need a raft of new midfielders.

Sure in fantasy land be great to get them all. But I'd be absolutely dick sick if we got Kroos and Strootman for example.

And I'd be chasing them quicker then Fabregas, who spun us for a yarn last year to get an improved deal. Might come back to haunt him if that Barca side goes on the slide a little.

If I was Woodward I'd be avoiding Cesc entirely, if he wants to leave Barca, let him make the first move. Then get it public from him he wants to leave, to drive down his price.

Can't be on our knees begging lads to join this summer, need people who want to be here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

glued wrote: »

This is what Luis Enrique said today : “Is Cesc in my plans? We're not going to talk about names”
    From the quotes I read from his introduction today only Messi and Neymar are safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

It's something to do with Puma and Nike. Neither Aguero or Toure in last year's city Nike launch either and they are Puma players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Any sources in Barcelona?

TheDoc wrote: »
    NO WAY would the club need a raft of new midfielders.

Sure in fantasy land be great to get them all. But I'd be absolutely dick sick if we got Kroos and Strootman for example.

And I'd be chasing them quicker then Fabregas, who spun us for a yarn last year to get an improved deal. Might come back to haunt him if that Barca side goes on the slide a little.

If I was Woodward I'd be avoiding Cesc entirely, if he wants to leave Barca, let him make the first move. Then get it public from him he wants to leave, to drive down his price.

Can't be on our knees begging lads to join this summer, need people who want to be here.

Cesc would be a fantastic United signing but he won't have the club chasing him this time around. That ship has sailed. It looks as if Kroos is coming in and a few rumours have been posted about Strootman despite his injury.

Still though, for the right price, Cesc would be brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Seen as you are all so concerned about Louis Balls. This is why it features so heavily on your search results.
    http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/875555/luca-toni:-bayern-boss-louis-van-gaal-showed-us-his-balls?cc=5739

I love the mad dutch bastard already.
    lvgfyjt4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Luis Enrique: “Is Cesc in my plans? We're not going to talk about names”

Luis Enrique on Messi: “I’m delighted to have the best player in the world in my squad"

When asked about Cesc,he didn't want to mention names yet picks out Messi for praise.:rolleyes:

Fabergas is on his way out imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

On this day 6 years ago.....

BoI5GOrIgAAhGNv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This is what Luis Enrique said today : “Is Cesc in my plans? We're not going to talk about names”
    From the quotes I read from his introduction today only Messi and Neymar are safe.

He actually specifically said
    the player is contracted until '16, among others. They are gone to the World Cup, so talk is for later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I don't know what people's problem is with Alex Song :confused:
    Massive upgrade on what's there at the moment. Made a huge difference when he came on at the weekend in the title decider. Not getting into Barca's midfield on a regular basis is nothing to be ashamed of.

If he was signed along with Kroos I'd be f*cking delighted.

Song could be got for 10-15 million and would be an upgrade on all our midfielders i don't know how anybody could not want him. Obviously we would still need at least a world class midfielder also. But Song would be a no brainer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

TheDoc wrote: »
    He actually specifically said

Cheers. I was following the press conference on twitter, so didn't get the full quote. I still think that Messi, Neymar and probably Pique and Inesta are the only ones that are definitely safe though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement