Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

10297826_712034782185962_972452522767391830_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Any sources in Barcelona?

haha you probably wont believe this but my friend lived in Barcelona for about 2 years with his Spanish girlfriend and she was best friends with Carlos Puyols girlfriend at the time!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    haha you probably wont believe this but my friend lived in Barcelona for about 2 years with his Spanish girlfriend and she was best friends with Carlos Puyols girlfriend at the time!!!

You're right i probably won't ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cheers. I was following the press conference on twitter, so didn't get the full quote. I still think that Messi, Neymar and probably Pique and Inesta are the only ones that are definitely safe though.

Pique signed a new contract yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

/snigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I know a girl from Glasgow who mysteriously 'went to school with' and 'is great friends with' every vaguely notable Scottish person within about 6 years of her age. Still waiting on some free tickets to... anything at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Vanessa Lorenzo or Malena Costa?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Any more on the rumour that he's thinking of appointing van Persie as captain? Would be a bit of a slight to Rooney if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

5Xs3qc4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

bangkok you're great craic altogether!

• Advertisement

Macca07 wrote: »
    Vanessa Lorenzo or Malena Costa?

don't know it was around 2009 or that just remember at the time when he told me I was telling him that he should put something dodgy in his food when they were going out try have him out sick for the champions league final against Utd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Very slow on confirmed transfer news of late, unless the deal for Shaw is done and dusted already and the club are waiting on a Ta-Da moment I can't see why there is a delay unless last summer procrastinations were not a one off. Saints (like Everton last year) reveal a bid of £27M and then nothing from anyone for weeks. Sound familiar? Hate to say it but the supposed ‘work done behind the scenes’ line is wearing thin with me.

Saying that the optimistic part of me hopes it’s a case of Woodword was in the middle of negotiations for players on a list that Moyes provided and De Gaal has vetoed a few with his own fresh list or there may be a few deals already done and the finer details are being worked on. I really would love a day like when Nani & Anderson were signed at the same time and a few names are revealed all at once, knowing full well the internet will break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Any more on the rumour that he's thinking of appointing van Persie as captain? Would be a bit of a slight to Rooney if true.

A slight on Rooney in what way?

It'd be a slight on van Gaal if he appointed him captain despite preferring van Persie for the role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Given your history, no i don't believe you, but if ye say its true........its probably a lie ;)

Julez wrote: »
    bangkok you're great craic altogether!

tell you another one....my friend was on holidays in Albufeira last week and ended up drinking and playing pool with Jon Flanagan and his brother said he was dead sound!! :)

brinty wrote: »
    Given your history, no i don't believe you, but if ye say its true........its probably a lie ;)

yes because puyols ex girlfriend had no other friends...:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

fabregas has been left out of the official barcelona kit launch photo....... read into that what you will.......

Perhaps he had a dose of the runs on the day they did the shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Perhaps he had a dose of the runs on the day they did the shoot.

Just on the kit launches. If United went with Adidas for the next one, who would do launch? I think the majority of our players are Nike sponsored?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Always the joker

Next you'll be telling us you've sources inside United! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

yes because puyols ex girlfriend had no other friends...:P

Verbal poo

I don't think it matters does it? Ronaldo is nike yet his was on the adidas kit launch last season?

Always the joker

haha yes because that is such a mad thing to happen, puyol to have a girlfriend 5 years ago and she was best friends with another girl who happened to be going out with my friend!! crazy stuff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

40million on fabregas
    40million on Kroos
    20million on a CB
    27million on shaw.

That would do nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

fabregas has been left out of the official barcelona kit launch photo....... read into that what you will.......

baby-reading-fast-funny.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

40million on fabregas
    40million on Kroos
    20million on a CB
    27million on shaw.

That would do nicely.
    Would take hummels for 30 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Blatter wrote: »
    A slight on Rooney in what way?

It'd be a slight on van Gaal if he appointed him captain despite preferring van Persie for the role.

Maybe I should rephrase, I meant that Rooney might interpret it as a bit of a slight.

When he got his new deal a few months back he looked like he was the most likely choice to be the next captain. Had Moyes stayed he almost certainly would have been.
    He's also been at the club a lot longer than Robin and has a bit of a history of being unhappy at not getting his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Somebody needs to throw some gas into the fire for FutureGuy

We are going to sign Kroos
    And Fabregas
    And Shaw
    And Hummels
    And Konoplyanka

haha yes because that is such a mad thing to happen, puyol to have a girlfriend 5 years ago and she was best friends with another girl who happened to be going out with my friend!! crazy stuff ;)

Its believable up to the highlighted part :p
    Then you put your spin on it
    I suppose you also have a contact in Madrid and Munich do ye.....

Bangkok, quit while you're ahead...

• Advertisement

40million on fabregas
    40million on Kroos
    20million on a CB
    27million on shaw.

That would do nicely.

Varane, Mangala....
    Garay, Subotic.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Erm, ahead of what exactly?

Erm, ahead of what exactly?

bombles he admitted earlier he was full of bull...
    for that i'm giving hima bit of credit for admitting it
    but don't keep digging a hole....
    or he'll have no credibility at all.

And Fabregas
    And Shaw
    And Hummels
    And Konoplyanka

And Vidal
    And Cavani
    And Mueller Reus :eek:

contact yes in Madrid no in Milan.... and by contact they are only friends no links to clubs or anything just regular friends who work 9-5 jobs. Friend in Madrid is a PE teacher. loves it over there. and I presume most posters in here have friends living all over the world so don't get the whole shock etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

What age are you?

• Advertisement

And Fabregas
    And Shaw
    And Hummels
    And Konoplyanka

Please.

Respect my art.

I am not a toy to be played with.

duffman13 wrote: »
    What age are you?

why does it even matter and why would I even make that story up?!!

And Vidal
    And Cavani
    And Mueller Reus :eek:

Respect. Please.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Respect. Please.

I read that in a very steroytypical Japaneese accent because of beautiful Shinji in your sig.

Respectaruh Pease.

contact yes in Madrid no in Milan.... and by contact they are only friends no links to clubs or anything just regular friends who work 9-5 jobs. Friend in Madrid is a PE teacher. loves it over there. and I presume most posters in here have friends living all over the world so don't get the whole shock etc.

Everyone has friends around the world, UK, Canada and Oz but not many would have brother who works in Carrington, a contact in Turin along with a best friend who was mates with Puyols model gf. Oh ye and your mate that played pool with Flanagan Hard to keep up

• Advertisement

Hmmmm well you have a history of making stuff up???? :rolleyes:

I'm actually genuinely curious, I have a mental image in my head and want to see am I right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I met Roy Keane's old lad one time.

keane2097 wrote: »

You mean he's not your dad too Keane :eek:

I met Stephen and Noel Hunts oul dear before either of them played for Ireland. I've also met Duff and McGrath a few years back. Packie Bonner aswell at a conference, I was huge fan till I met him

Everyone has friends around the world, UK, Canada and Oz but not many would have brother who works in Carrington, a contact in Turin along with a best friend who was mates with Puyols model gf. Oh ye and your mate that played pool with Flanagan Hard to keep up

well there are around 300-350 working at Carrington... none of them have any brothers or sisters :rolleyes:

I have a friend who works in turin teaching English....

I have a friend who used to live in Barcelona from 2007-2009 and dated a girl..

Jon Flanagan was on holidays last week in Portugal and my friend met him in a bar....

crazy stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Imagine being Roy Keane's Da...

Imagine being Roy Keane's Da...

Imagine being bangkok's Da!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Imagine being bangkok's Da!

Imagine being bangkok!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I met Stephen and Noel Hunts oul dear before either of them played for Ireland. I've also met Duff and McGrath a few years back. Packie Bonner aswell at a conference, I was huge fan till I met him

Hear he's a bit of a tool in person. GF saw him at a local airport acting like he was a rock star.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement