Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Despite the fact Moyes was a joke of a manager, I thought it was ridiculous when people were giving out to him for using words such as 'try' and 'hope'. I do agree he wasn't the best at handling the media and answering the questions like a proper Manchester united manager but still, using words like 'try' and 'hope' doesn't mean he's a bad manager.

I am pretty sure i have heard Sir Alex use the word try and hope when asked about the upcoming fixtures, so its not a moyes thing. People need to get over the use of that word and just wait and enjoy when van gaal absolutely destroys the british journos during the conferences :)

Completely disagree, I thought his choice of words were completely inappropriate for United. He reeked of negativity and undoubtedly passed that on to the players.

Van Gaal was much more forceful there - "we have to build it up and I hope we can do it in one year".

Fergie's language was never like Moyes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

FatherTed wrote: »
    So all these stories of meeting famous people and not 1 picture yet...

I met Giggsy a few weeks back. The guy probably meets tons of fans every week but I just felt like we had something real. I told him a joke and he laughed, and it was a genuine laugh you'd give to a friend you've known your whole life. I can't describe the moment we had other than - it was special.

Luckily I got a photo of the two of us so in years to come I can always look back on that moment.

giggsy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A lot of you in here are a bunch of lousy ****ers. I once met Bruce Springsteen. Does that make me a lier all of a sudden?

Ah tis yourself, I remember Brucie talking to you alright (he only lets close friends call him Brucie btw) Do you remember me? I was the guy in the boxers who was giving the naked Angelina Jolie, a piggyback over to my helicopter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I am only catching up with the thread now, so apologies if someone has already mentioned it in the last 10 pages or so, but I propose we re name Bangkok, Jay, from the Inbetweeners. How about it Bang?

Is this you?

jay_inbetweeners_season1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

kryogen wrote: »
    I am only catching up with the thread now, so apologies if someone has already mentioned it in the last 10 pages or so, but I propose we re name Bangkok, Jay, from the Inbetweeners. How about it Bang?

Is this you?

jay_inbetweeners_season1.jpg

This! This is my mental image of Bangkok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Ooooo football friend

friend.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Me and paul pogba go well back , we are in constant contact :D

Oh and also Ron Vlaar

Just as proof by the way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You look scared shìtless in the Pogba one :p

Was a cold day , we drew 1 1 against newcastle sitting in the stretford end and ben arfa went down like he'd been shot was a bad day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

In a previous company I worked for I spoke with Paul McGrath when he was looking for car insurance after he got his licence back around 2 years ago, terribly nice bloke and he was pretty funny when asking him about his driving history.

When asked had he any convictions, driving or otherwise he said something to the effect of "heh heh, have you seen the news this week"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

RVN10 wrote: »

But how do we know that's you RVN10 ...:D

Buttner just uploaded a video of him doing keepie uppies outside his house...while wearing our away kit and united shorts

What a lovable guy

Slightly off topic, but who was the lad who got banned there a couple of weeks back, for being a re reg of another banned account does anyone remember? PM me if you like (keep the OT stuff to a minimum:))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hello

Any craic today on transfer front or is it quite?

Was hoping we might see Devlopment on Shaw move

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

RVN10 wrote: »
    Does Pogba have his thumb up your arse or something?

kryogen wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but who was the lad who got banned there a couple of weeks back, for being a re reg of another banned account does anyone remember? PM me if you like (keep the OT stuff to a minimum:))

Jane82 I think got banned for being a rereg

Buttner just uploaded a video of him doing keepie uppies outside his house...while wearing our away kit and united shorts

What a lovable guy

He's one I really want to do well, just don't think he'll ever be a regular

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Things I've learned in here since yesterday.

1. Yaya wants some birthday cake.
    2. Someone is very upset at getting busted googling LvG's balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

What a lovable guy

Full kit w@nker tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

What a lovable guy

indeed. the man is as mad as a bag of cats and really likeable.

if we sign shaw and keep Evra, i hope he goes on loan to a top club and becomes a really top class back up full back - his skill levels are really good and he has been progressing alot this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
    ner ner ner. Loveable rogue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When are the new jerseys out for the full kit **** amongst us??

Wonder what'll actually happen with Buttner next season with the whole dutch connection, wouldn't be a bad left winger I'd say, LVG to work his conversion magic?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reading reports that Anderson has been sent back and that florentina have opted against buying him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

keane2097 wrote: »
    In fairness, Keane has always been quite complimentary of Beckham as a pro as far as I know (and rightly so). You can see how they mightn't be bosom buddies outside of work.

Keane basically said as much in that old interview someone posted a while ago.

"I have no problem with what any of the other players do with their money. Listen, I could not live David Beckham's life and he could not live mine. Everyone is different.
    "The United players are not that close socially. On the pitch, however, there is a togetherness. No-one works harder than us.

http://www.manchester.com/sport/united/roy-keane-interview.php

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Reading reports that Anderson has been sent back and that florentina have opted against buying him :(

honestly its no surprise he played feck all games for them and im guessing he might still leave the club, just wont be heading to Florentine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Twitter alive with reports/made up stories of a new 38-41 million cesc bid... This summer really is going to be hell until we announce at least one or two.

Metro running the story too in England.

out of curiosity how far would we like Holland to get, if knocked out early it means LVG will start earlier but we could get major backlash off the dutch media (saying we distracted the team and coach so close to the WC etc) I know some people will say he is a professional and wont be distracted but that wont stop the media playing the blame game.

obviously if they get to the final it looks great for us but it means he will have very little time before pre season starts.

personally id like them to make it to the quarter finals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

lordgoat wrote: »
    Things I've learned in here since yesterday.

1. Yaya wants some birthday cake.
    2. Someone is very upset at getting busted googling LvG's balls.

One of the more productive days in here tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bebe scored again tonight in Bebe's relegation play-off. Bebe won so Bebe will be staying up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Bebe at it again the fecker! Scoring the 1st goal (Free-kick) in a 3-1 victory over Desportivo Aves in the 2nd leg of the relegation play-off.

Goal here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Surely the further Holland get, the more potential signings would want to play under Van Gaal. If they don't get out of the group it's not going to give off a good impression is it.

Hococop wrote: »
    honestly its no surprise he played feck all games for them and im guessing he might still leave the club, just wont be heading to Florentine

He only made about 4 starts, think he had 7 or 8 total appearances for them, so don't think they will be too pushed about signing him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Delighted for Bebe, looks like he will make a decent career for himself somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I never doubted Bebe for a second

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Maybe van Gaal will get the best from Anderson..................

fire-doors-500x500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I can't imagine Hollands performance in the World Cup has any bearing on anything at United other than Van gaal may start earlier or later.

Everyone will be watching his every move and analysing his decisions so if he does well it will be good for us.

Quarter finals would be good for Holland, they're likely to finish second in their group but will have to be wary of Chile

Strootman is a loss and I don't think their squad could get them much further

Daily Mail: Manchester United seal £20m deal for Toni Kroos as Louis van Gaal gives his approval
    - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2635533/Manchester-United-seal-20m-deal-Toni-Kroos-Louis-van-Gaal-gives-approval-new-Old-Trafford-boss-sets-sights-Arjen-Robben.html

£20m :eek: ha Daily Mail being a tad optimistic? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Daily mail saying kroos done for 20million.

Not familiar with the reporter but gonna call BS on it, no way we will get for that little.

Daily mail saying kroos done for 20million.

Not familiar with the reporter but gonna call BS on it, no way we will get for that little.
    SNAP! :pac:

Probably a typo on the 20 million and by typo I mean that whole story is complete bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Isn't he out of contract next summer? that would explain the modest fee.

Man I wish the Daily Mails headquarters was napalmed to the ground, everything that comes out of that place is made up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Isn't he out of contract next summer? that would explain the modest fee.

The fact that it's in the Daily Mail and someone thought up the article while sitting on the crapper would explain the modest fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

what are you guys expecting a fee for him to be?

The fact that it's in the Daily Mail and someone thought up the article while sitting on the crapper would explain the modest fee.

This is more than likely boll*cks however with him being out of contract we might snag him on the cheap. I think 20m for a player who looks like he wants to leave and only a year left is reasonable.

That being said we will probably end up paying 45m for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

what are you guys expecting a fee for him to be?

i'd be expecting it to be somewhere in the 25m+ price range

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

£25m-£40m.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement