Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

My guess £30+ million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

what are you guys expecting a fee for him to be?

30-35mill tbh i dont think 20mill is realistic unless kroos took a **** in everyones cornflakes at BM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kroos for 20m would be shockingly good business, especially for us. No way it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

30m with v good wages might do trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

£25m-£40m.

£40 million for a player who is out of contract at the end of next season? Really?

fcuk that. £25M would be a fair price. £30M if we were bidding with another club.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

lordgoat wrote: »
    Things I've learned in here since yesterday.

1. Yaya wants some birthday cake.
    2. Someone is very upset at getting busted googling LvG's balls.

Just watching that interview with Yaya s agent now. How embarrassing is that? I'd be ashamed to show my face on a pitch in England again if it was me.

His agent is doing himself no favours either. Would any player use him again after that disgraceful performance today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

He is not being linked with anybody else and is not considered in the upper echelons by Bayern. (According to article quoted on here a few times)From a business perspective I think if we pay more than 30 we have paid more than we needed too. In a footballing perspective pay whatever required to make it happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

duffman13 wrote: »
    He is not being linked with anybody else and is not considered in the upper echelons by Bayern. (According to article quoted on here a few times)From a business perspective I think if we pay more than 30 we have paid more than we needed too. In a footballing perspective pay whatever required to make it happen

Well we can let the business fans worry about that. We are football fans, so sign him up Fergie Louis. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Knowing United we will refuse to give Kroos more then 80k a week, but raise Young and Cleverleys wages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

£40 million for a player who is out of contract at the end of next season? Really?

fcuk that. £25M would be a fair price. £30M if we were bidding with another club.
    bayern are minted and could easily afford to let him run his contract Ddown. I don't see how 20million would force their hand.

duffman13 wrote: »

Thought he was also linked with liverpool....

oGgAiC5.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Kroos is going into the last year of his contract. Bayern aren't going to want to let him walk away for nothing.

Sacramento wrote:
    Jaysus lads we need to take a step back! A deal for Mata to join us in January is highly unlikely!

Jaysus lads we need to take a step back! A deal for Kroos to join us this summer is highly unlikely!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I laughed when I read £20 million for Kroos, would be a great bargain.
    There are only three teams he could move to that hold prestige and on a par with Bayern Munich in terms of what is expected. The two Spanish giants and United.
    It does seem Kroos only wants united since united are the only team strongly linked with him, if I was a high class midfielder I would see no competition at united meaning lots of game time.
    Van Gaal would also be attractive for the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The journalist behind the Kroos story, Chris Wheeler, is on Talksport now. He sounds very certain that this is a done deal.

He says the deal was sealed even when Moyes was here. He thinks it will be announced before the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

30 million.....20 million to Bayern and 10 million to Bangkok as his agent and friend.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The journalist behind the Kroos story, Chris Wheeler, is on Talksport now. He sounds very certain that this is a done deal.

He says the deal was sealed even when Moyes was here. He thinks it will be announced before the World Cup.

Did say it a few months ago. Had heard that agreements were made. Kroos and Shaw were two of them.

I still don't believe the third name that was mentioned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

J. Marston wrote: »

If it's "sealed" then why not just announce it?

If it's "sealed" then why not just announce it?

it took them long enough to announce Van Gaal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

delighted for Bebe and also, delighted in the sense that a player who looked like he was leaving us for £1million until he got injured, will now fetch us most of the money we paid for him.

14 goals in the portuguese premier league is savage going and surely we will get €5million+ for him at least now to one of the bigger Portuguese clubs.

imagine if he went to porto or benfica and he joined the long list of players who developed into super stars and signed for Madrid or Barca:eek::eek:

• Advertisement

• lordgoat wrote: »
    Things I've learned in here since yesterday.

1. Yaya wants some birthday cake.
    2. Someone is very upset at getting busted googling LvG's balls.

The gospel according to :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Steady on Homer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Going on media reports alone. When the summer has ended, I'll expect us to have signed 40 - 50 players and spent about 1.2/1.5 billion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

MEN also running with fee agreed at £20m. Probably just rehashing the Mail story though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The gospel according to :rolleyes:

The only poster more fun than the 'Draw a footballer thread'

Have a pop in there and draw LvG's great veiny ballsack, rumour has it you've got it on speed dial.

If anyone hasn't read it, serious comic gold on page one. Will I Amnt take a bow son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Honestly if 20 million is the fee we pay i will be in shock.

I smell a Hargreaves scenario here. Quick check his knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

lordgoat wrote: »
    The only poster more fun than the 'Draw a footballer thread'

Have a pop in there and draw LvG's great veiny ballsack, rumour has it you've got it on speed dial.

If anyone hasn't read it, serious comic gold on page one. Will I Amnt take a bow son.

I didn't do anything funny :confused:
    I just pointed and laughed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,610 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Actually announcing the signing of Shaw and Kroos in the next few weeks would probably boost our chances of signing other players that might still be deciding. If we build it, they will come.

Imagine Kroos did sign. Seems ridiculous to imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Sacramento wrote: »
    Jaysus lads we need to take a step back! A deal for Kroos to join us this summer is highly unlikely!

On that note...
    I like Van Persie.

I like Kroos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

So Fiorentia decided not to sign Anderson on a permanent deal. Can't imagine why.

http://talksport.com/football/blow-man-united-fiorentina-send-back-loan-flop-14052192163

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ninja900 wrote: »

Man his press conferences are going to be gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I just heard on TV3 (first for breaking football news) that United have bid £37m/€20m for Kroos and it was agreed in principle.

Anything from the BBC on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I just heard on TV3 (first for breaking football news) that United have bid £37m/€20m for Kroos and it was agreed in principle.

Anything from the BBC on it?

I assume you mean €40m?

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I assume you mean €40m?

Yup! It was just a fleeting statement on the news so I'm not sure if it's just tabloid nonsense a la Daily Fail or more solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

this summer I won't be taken in by the speculation. gonna wait until I see a player holding the United shirt for the press before believing. last summer taught me a valuable lesson.

transfer speculation can drive a man demented :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

If Utd sign Kroos, il be happier than the day we signed Mata.

Was very surprised to see Scholes working for Paddypower today after the mocking they gave the club through Moyes's time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

If Utd sign Kroos, il be happier than the day we signed Mata.

Combo of Adnan, Mata, Kroos & Kagawa is simply mouth watering. However until I see him signing a contract with Mr Ed I am not going to entertain it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was very surprised to see Scholes working for Paddypower today after the mocking they gave the club through Moyes's time.

I personally feel people go OTT in their grievances of PP. They target the club because so many people hate United, and they hate us because we have been so successful over the years. It's nothing personal; they are a business and doing what is best for business, yet some people act as if they have killed a puppy.

I personally feel people go OTT in their grievances of PP. They target the club because so many people hate United, and they hate us because we have been so successful over the years. It's nothing personal; they are a business and doing what is best for business, yet some people act as if they have killed a puppy.

I think they're great. Whoever's in charge of PR must be raking it in. Marketing genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

not since the celio silva fiasco of 1997 have I ever believed a signing was made until it was announced by the club.

would be interesting but not worth the effort if someone compiled all the 'confirmed deals' and compared it against actual confirmed deals.

For united I would say it's about 7%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

TBH not many people care that they're giving abuse to United. Its mostly the fact that they are generally criminally unfunny 'jokes'.

• Advertisement

I have no grievance about them. But alot do. And im surprised with Scholes. With the plane banner,the ferguson statue,moyes statue at anfield and the 'death' at everton.... Scholes saying in his blog moyes maybe needed more time than he got seems abit hypocritical in a way to go and write for the company that in no way helped utds manager or the club in any form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lads not sure if many of you use yayun for jerseys but he has put up the new home kit this morning , He's had last years and the season before kit months before they were even announced.

le8yIjg.jpg

Link to album with more pictures.
    http://imgur.com/a/8VEej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Leftist wrote: »
    not since the celio silva fiasco of 1997 have I ever believed a signing was made until it was announced by the club.

would be interesting but not worth the effort if someone compiled all the 'confirmed deals' and compared it against actual confirmed deals.

For united I would say it's about 7%

Celio Silva, now there's a blast from the past, disappeared again almost as quickly as he arrived, think he retired about a year after the transfer fell through

Here's another one for you, Glen Hysen :) Thank god liverpool took him of our hands..

And as i always say not til they've played a game.... the John Mikel Obi (wan Kenobi) signing confirmed that for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

brinty wrote: »
    Celio Silva, now there's a blast from the past, disappeared again almost as quickly as he arrived, think he retired about a year after the transfer fell through

Here's another one for you, Glen Hysen :) Thank god liverpool took him of our hands..

And as i always say not til they've played a game.... the John Mikel Obi (wan Kenobi) signing confirmed that for me.

what about david hirst? who knows how many european cups we would have racked up if we got him in instead of that french flop from leeds.

Picture in your mind those big David Moyes eyes on a little puppy. Someone could 'gif' that!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement