Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Lads not sure if many of you use yayun for jerseys but he has put up the new home kit this morning , He's had last years and the season before kit months before they were even announced.

le8yIjg.jpg

Link to album with more pictures.
    http://imgur.com/a/8VEej

The Chevrolet logo would look so much better if it was just solid white. It almost looks photoshopped on. The jersey itself isn't bad but ny God... that sponsors logo.

• Reports of Toni kroos agreed deal for 20 million? Probably bull****e?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

20 million for Kroos......

th_southpark_nice-vi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just seen Bebe's goal from last night,I know he probably wont wear a Utd jersey again but I would like to see him back in England just to see how he would get on at Championship club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Leftist wrote: »
    what about david hirst? who knows how many european cups we would have racked up if we got him in instead of that french flop from leeds.

Yea or that shearer fellow, god we ended up with some norwegian lad instead, he was rubbish weren't he ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

nicee.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Wasn't there a deal apparently agreed for Hazard as well,and we all know how that turned out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭bren2001

Wasn't there a deal apparently agreed for Hazard as well,and we all know how that turned out.

I could be wrong but I remember reports at the time said we had agreed everything. Fergie thought he was signing for us he changed his mind at the last minute and decided money was more important. It was a done deal and only the formalities had to be done.

That deal was all in his head
    sure he announced he'd signed for citeh, united, chelsea and psg that summer on twitter
    a tool of a man if ever there was one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

bren2001 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I remember reports at the time said we had agreed everything. Fergie thought he was signing for us he changed his mind at the last minute and decided money was more important. It was a done deal and only the formalities had to be done.
    Everything was agreed but United wouldn't pay the agents fee I believe. He was looking for something ridiculous like 7m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

BBC Gossip Column round-up.
    New Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal wants to sign Dutch winger Arjen Robben, 30, to play alongside his Bayern Munich team-mate Toni Kroos, 24, at Old Trafford with a £20m deal for the midfielder already done.

Full story: Daily Mail
    Manchester United coach and former defender Phil Neville is still waiting to hear what role he may have under Van Gaal in the Dutchman's management team at Old Trafford.

Full story: Daily Express

Former England striker Alan Smith, 33, has signed for Notts County - even though he does not know how much he will be paid.

Full story: Daily Mail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

bren2001 wrote: »

that was all pure tabloid talk. he was coming out with twitter hints about where he may go and the speculation was between united and city. But I don't recall anything solid saying he agreed to join united.

Zidane was the one that sticks out in my mind
    he'd a bad euro 96 and we got Poborsky instead...

Ronaldinho was all done only for kenyon to fudge it up by going back on the fee

Leftist wrote: »
    that was all pure tabloid talk. he was coming out with twitter hints about where he may go and the speculation was between united and city. But I don't recall anything solid saying he agreed to join united.

Think he said on twitter he'd be going to manchester
    then he said he'd be playing in red next season

then chelski won the champions league
    next day he tweeted about playing for a european champion.....

but yea the thing about the agent sounds right, wanted crazy ass money

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Delboy5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

just in regard to the whole Kroos deal and people saying 20m is cheap, 20m is a lot of money for Bayern but for the quality we are getting it is cheap (we paid 27m for fellaini) but don't forget if Kroos didn't sign a contract with Bayern he could agree a deal with Utd in January, get himself a hefty signing on fee and leave Bayern for nothing...... im no accountant but 20m > 0m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

OT: That Draw A Footballer thread is epic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Be nice if we went bit Retro for new kit.

A 06/07 type be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

adox wrote: »

Poor Liverpool

Why always them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

bangkok wrote: »
    just in regard to the whole Kroos deal and people saying 20m is cheap, 20m is a lot of money for Bayern but for the quality we are getting it is cheap (we paid 27m for fellaini) but don't forget if Kroos didn't sign a contract with Bayern he could agree a deal with Utd in January, get himself a hefty signing on fee and leave Bayern for nothing...... im no accountant but 20m > 0m

Bayern is the one club that actually doesn't care about the Money. They have never been held ransom by any players, and have already said that they would rather let Kroos contract run down then to sell him. It's also seen as a way to show the rest of the squad that players will only leave if Bayern actually wants them to leave. They have been very successful with that Stance on the past and I am sure they won't move an inch on it.

adox wrote: »

Best thread on the SF, funny as fcuk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Just seen Bebe's goal from last night,I know he probably wont wear a Utd jersey again but I would like to see him back in England just to see how he would get on at Championship club.

He should come back to England and get a loan to a Premiership club. His improvement this season has been unreal. Give him another loan next season and hopefully in two seasons he can play a part in United's squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

You think 20m is a lot of money for Bayern and Reus should be signed to play cm. You should send a friend over to Germany your knowledge of there is not great.

DubDani wrote: »
    Bayern is the one club that actually doesn't care about the Money. They have never been held ransom by any players, and have already said that they would rather let Kroos contract run down then to sell him. It's also seen as a way to show the rest of the squad that players will only leave if Bayern actually wants them to leave. They have been very successful with that Stance on the past and I am sure they won't move an inch on it.

there is no way they would let a player leave for free though when there is a 20m offer on the table.....

excited yet lads?? Toni Kroos and Luke Shaw in the red of Manchester...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If it's seems too good to be true it probably is :(

20 million would be an absolute steal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

there is no way they would let a player leave for free though when there is a 20m offer on the table.....

excited yet lads?? Toni Kroos and Luke Shaw in the red of Manchester...

Bayern takes the same stance then Dortmund did with Lewandowski last year. The proposed money was within the same region, Dortmund is financially not anywhere as strong, and they still let him sit out his contract. German's often have their principles, and intend to stick to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

20 million isn't going to happen you would think but jaysus if it did it would free up another few pound in the transfer kitty - couple of million either way could help a lot in signing others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Bayern are a bit meh on Kroos....they don't want to offer him the money....he only has 1 year left on his contract....maybe he has made it clear he wants to go to United... so all in all 20million is just on the edge of believeable.... It'll be class if he's togging out for us next year, I'll believe it when I see it though

#39 is free too

I definitely expect signings now that LVG has been officially announced.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

excellent honest article by Scholes today in The Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/paul-scholes-criticises-manchester-united-wayne-rooney?CMP=twt_gu
    “There’s a chance he’s worn out. Wayne’s peak may have been a lot younger than what we’d expect of footballers traditionally. Age 28 or 29 has been the normal ‘peak’. With Wayne, it could have been when he scored 27 league goals in 2011-12 when he was 26.”
    To get the very best from Wayne in Rio, the manager [Roy Hodgson] needs to tell him: ‘Don’t bother running back. Stay up top. Stay centre forward. Score goals. That’s your job in my team.’”
    “David Moyes took a lot of stick, but I believe he’s a top manager. I’d question if 10 months was enough time [before he was sacked,” Scholes told Paddy Power Blog. “Edward Woodward has an awful lot to prove this time that he’s good enough at his job. He has to bring the players in that the new manager wants. It’s obvious that last year he didn’t manage to do that. If he doesn’t we are not going to get anywhere near the top.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ericzeking wrote: »
    togging out

is he going to be playing in the championship this summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Paul Scholes -
    'Ed Woodward has awful lot to prove this time that he’s good enough at his job'

would suggest there is a bit of discontent amongest the untied inner circles at how Woodward has performed so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Anxiously awaiting news of Kroos signing a new deal with Bayern. Seems all set up for a sickner. Wont believe any rumour this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

As far as I can see Bookies have stopped taking bets on Kroos to United.. which is generally the sign of something imminent.

If I was a Bayern fan I'd be very unhappy about this deal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Paul Scholes -

would suggest there is a bit of discontent amongest the untied inner circles at how Woodward has performed so far.

Paul Scholes-

“David Moyes took a lot of stick, but I believe he’s a top manager. I’d question if 10 months was enough time''

Seems to suggest that there is a bit of discontent amongst United inner circles tha Moyes wasn't given enough time (not).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

is he going to be playing in the championship this summer?

You know, it's an Irish term, fair enough but we're Irish here for the most part... I always find it odd the way Irish people talking about English teams on the internet use terms that they would never use in real life.....trying to think of an example......one will crop up here in the next few pages no doubt....
    plenty people use the phrase 'wanted away' when talking about Rooney on the net just because that's what SAF said, I've never heard an Irish person use the term in real life....ODD!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

brinty wrote: »
    Zidane was the one that sticks out in my mind
    he'd a bad euro 96 and we got Poborsky instead...

Ronaldinho was all done only for kenyon to fudge it up by going back on the fee

Fergie passed on Zidane when he was a youngster at Bourdeaux in 92.

Giruilla wrote: »
    As far as I can see Bookies have stopped taking bets on Kroos to United.. which is generally the sign of something imminent.

If I was a Bayern fan I'd be very unhappy about this deal :)

paddy power have him 1/6 to join united.

Big teams every so often lose a big player...

Barcelona losing figo

Juventus zidane

arsenal van persie

man utd Ronaldo

Dortmund gotze

Milan kaka

real Madrid ozil

and now my friends it will soon be time to add......

Bayern munich kroos to that list...

Blatter wrote: »
    Paul Scholes-

“David Moyes took a lot of stick, but I believe he’s a top manager. I’d question if 10 months was enough time''

Seems to suggest that there is a bit of discontent amongst United inner circles tha Moyes wasn't given enough time (not).

so it looks like they blame woodward for this mess as opposed to Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

paddy power have him 1/6 to join united.

Looks like they're the only bookies taking bets though.

Unbelievable signing if it goes through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

GSPfan wrote: »
    Anxiously awaiting news of Kroos signing a new deal with Bayern. Seems all set up for a sickner. Wont believe any rumour this year.

But GSPfan, you already do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Honigstein's thoughts;
    Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 1m
    Pep still wants him to stay but Bayern haven't improved their contract offer (says president Hopfner in Kicker): looks like Kroos will go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So what date do we expect Kroos new contract at Bayern to be announced? Could get a pool going?

kryogen wrote: »
    So what date do we expect Kroos new contract at Bayern to be announced? Could get a pool going?

6/6/2020 when he goes back there to retire.... :pac:

Kross for £20million would be the best piece of transfer business we have ever pulled off (or at least since the Cantona, Schmeichel, Irwin era).

its too good to be true surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Daniel Rathjen says that 25 Million Euros could get him but that there is nothing happening at the moment as there is still no upgraded offer from Bayern to Kroos and there probably won't be another offer. So it's essentially up to Kroos.

Kross for £20million would be the best piece of transfer business we have ever pulled off (or at least since the Cantona, Schmeichel, Irwin era).

Ronaldo 12m??

vidic 7m

evra 5.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ronaldo 12m??

vidic 7m

evra 5.5

They all turned out as well as they possibly could have, but the players were unknown quantities at the time. An established German international for 20m would be a steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

kryogen wrote: »

25th of never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

£20M doesn't seem crazy low at all considering he's in the last year of his contract and seems to want to leave. £30M would be too big a fee really, notwithstanding the fact that United need a CM so badly they should almost have a blank cheque ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

How much was Roy Keane?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement