Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

jane82 wrote: »
    Im a firm believer that the prettier a player is the more love he gets round here. Dimi Kagawa Nani Rafael. All nearly theres as far as Im concerned but legends on the boards forum.

Surely if that was the case all we would talk about is Anouk Hoogendijk.

anouk-hoogendijk.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Robson99 wrote: »
    Cant understand the man love some fans have for Nani

wouldnt call it man love, but i have alot of time for him based on him at least always trying to play football and doing the right thing (which may have in alot of times ended in the wrong thing), i assume its the same for anybody who "likes" him.

i have alot of man love for Evra though i will admit that, though it was severly tested this year..

for the likes of Woodward, Moyes and Phil Jones...not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Nani is one of the very few players we have in the squad that is capable and willing to take on and commit defenders. He is one of the few players that we have that brings pace, power and flair to the team. We've often been happy to play in front of the opposition this season, with nobody willing to attempt to make something happen. He needs a run of games and the confidence that that'll bring.

He may not always get it right, but I'd rather him trying to do the right things than Valencia turning around and passing back to the RB and not taking any responsibility for making things happen (beyond the odd drilled cross to the first defender). Beat a man, go left or right, make something happen....

Raf left out of Brazils WC squad. Thats gotta be a let down for him.

All the fullbacks going are

Daniel Alves (Barcelona - Spain)
    Maicon (Roma - Italy)
    Marcelo (Real Madrid - Spain)
    Maxwell (PSG - France)

I'd be more surprised that Felipe Luis doesn't make the Brazilian squad. He's been absolutely outstanding for Ateltico for some time now, and part of a very miserly defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Cant understand the man love some fans have for Nani

Valencia had a good season or two, Carrick has had a good season or two since coming same as Nani. None of them are world class and will be forgotten about a year or two after they leave Utd.

Its because since their good seasons Carrick and Valencia have played constantly despite being utter muck, whereas since Nani's good period he has played about nine minutes total.

Said it many times, give Nani the same amount of minutes on the field as Valencia got this season and you would have a damn sight more than two goals to show for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Im a firm believer that the prettier a player is the more love he gets round here. Dimi Kagawa Nani Rafael. All nearly theres as far as Im concerned but legends on the boards forum.

Agh Jane surely even you would consider the very loveable duo of mata-gea in that bracket ahead of the last three you mentioned...
    are you ruling them out cos of their b-romance???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

brinty wrote: »
    Agh Jane surely even you would consider the very loveable duo of mata-gea in that bracket ahead of the last three you mentioned...
    are you ruling them out cos of their b-romance???

Mata maybe but Id put De gea in the Valencia bracket, pretty but able to fight you off. You dont get a free pass to play below par in this bracket by the looks of things.

This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've read here.

Of the four players you've mention, Berbatov, Kagawa & Nani are incredibly skillful players, but often not used correctly and labelled inconsistent, or have their work rate questioned. It's not surprising as these types of players often split opinion. Rafael has numerous faults, but tries so incredibly hard, and that's easy to get behind (:pac:). I feel he's gone backwards this season though.

I would say that is probably the likely reasons for the man-love they get. As an aside, does anybody else want to return to the days of tight fitting shorts?? Aw yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Rafael is injured too often, and is currently injured. I'm sure that played a part in his omission from the WC squad.

He's a fine player (damn fine) but isn't very reliable.

Although someone on here told me recently that the lad doesn't have any injury issues..

• Advertisement

Ah Im not getting into it. They obviously arnt getting used right.
    Fellaini could fight the whole lot of us off and isnt pretty. Set up two goals last night and worked hard defencivly. Nerves got the best of him infront of goal.
    Last night somebody asked how he done. Words like nightmare load of crap Somebody even said he could go down in history as worse signing ever.
    Today somebody demanded to know why Mata wasnt playing there.
    Kagawa on the other hand misplaced pass after pass largely anonymous and all that was said was he was played out of position. Surely no matter where you play you should be able to stop an easy pass to land in a perfect position so you can pass it accurately without adjusting your feet. Seemingly kagawa gets a free pass because he was 20 yards away from where he normally stands.

General boards consesus Fellaini was crap Kagawa was out of position.

Fellaini could fight the whole lot of us off and isnt pretty. Set up two goals last night and worked hard defencivly. Nerves got the best of him infront of goal.
    Last night somebody asked how he done. Words like nightmare load of crap Somebody even said he could go down in history as worse signing ever.
    Kagawa on the other hand misplaced pass after pass largely anonymous and all that was said was he was played out of position. Surely no matter where you play you should be able to stop an easy pass to land in a perfect position so you can pass it accurately without adjusting your feet. Seemingly kagawa gets a free pass because he was 20 yards away from where he normally stands.

Rooney gets more stick here than kagawa.

Rooney gets more stick here than kagawa.

Not pretty could fight you off. He has no love here. Them two new little lads that made debuts last night will never do wrong either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Not pretty could fight you off. He has no love here. Them two new little lads that made debuts last night will never do wrong either.

You're talking absolute bollox man.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    You're talking absolute bollox man.

Are you saying rooney is pretty or you could fight him off.
    I honestly think its a trend here with who becomes a fan favourite.
    It may be a subconscious thing but when Phil Jones fellaini or Rooney play as bad as kags did last night they get called on it. Kags gets excuses.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

lol - Kags had a solid game.

Felliani despite playing behind the striker having v. little to do, managed to do even less than you'd expect.

TBH one entire season of this ****e from him and it will be now surprise when he's shown the door in the summer.

Never a united player, doesn't have the pace or the ability imo.

Massive lols at the set up two goals - ya the second one, instead of placing this in the corner I'll play it off the goalkeeper and James can score his second. I don't want my debut goal.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    lol - Kags had a solid game.

Felliani despite playing behind the striker having v. little to do, managed to do even less than you'd expect.

TBH one entire season of this ****e from him and it will be now surprise when he's shown the door in the summer.

Never a united player, doesn't have the pace or the ability imo.

Massive lols at the set up two goals - ya the second one, instead of placing this in the corner I'll play it off the goalkeeper and James can score his second. I don't want my debut goal.

Kagawa misplaced a few easy passes. Fellaini got in there and made things happen.
    How many times this season have the games gone 90 minutes with a lovely one two from the the two little pretty lads then a pass back to Carrick. Fellaini gave penetration. He should have scored the second but that doesnt take away the fact he made the second happen with his brute force and ignorance.

Are you saying fellaini is pretty or you could fight him off.
    I honestly think its a trend here with who becomes a fan favourite.
    It may be a subconscious thing but when Phil Jones fellaini or Rooney play as bad as kags did last night they get called on it. Kags gets excuses.

I think Fellaini is yet to successfully control a ball well in his United career, I also can't think of a good pass off the top of my head. I couldn't give two ****s about his appearance. I didn't when he dominated us at Everton, but the guy I see wearing 31 for is like a bad joke. He has time to turn it around, but this season has been shocking. For Kagawa's first year for example, he provided assists and the occasional breathtaking performance, it's clear however that he is struggling in the English game.

You think it's a trend that a bunch of grown men fancy professional footballers and thus don't criticise them? Grow up.

I think Rooney is our best player, I think Phil Jones has the potential to be a leading CB if he would stop injuring himself by going Action Man 120mph into every challenge.

There are many recurring jokes on this forum among posters who have been here for a while. You clearly don't understand them. Players like Mata, Kagawa, Berbatov, Nani, etc are appreciated because they are skillful and intelligent players, the jokes of having a "man crush" on them is down to their football skills alone. Claiming "a bad word can't be said about them" is just lying, there is plenty bad said about them when they are not performing, but also, there are some people who don't use the internet to complain about everything. When someone posts a gif of an amazing touch or bit of skill, and it is described as "sexy" do you think the poster who said it is sexually attracted to it? I seriously hope you don't.

You're last few posts have resembled a drunk uncle at a wedding who's having a go at everyone because he doesn't like how nobody else is as drunk as he is. You're saying you want the players mentioned above appreciated less, and "grafters" or ugly players to be praised above them, well sorry Graeme Souness that just isn't going to happen any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No ban for Meyler, hope Arsenal batter Hull again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Lads, there's no point responding to that nonsense. When a poster comes into the thread and says that they think we are judging players based on their physical attractiveness they are not going to respond logically to anything you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Fellaini could fight the whole lot of us off and isnt pretty. Set up two goals last night and worked hard defencivly.

Clearly he subscribes to the Wayne Rooney school of playmaking!

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    No ban for Meyler, hope Arsenal batter Hull again.

an absolutely disgrace. i hope that if Bruce has seen it, he drops Meyler for the final anyway. what he did was absolutle madness and left the entire side down, especially so close to a final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

v3ttel wrote: »
    Nani is one of the very few players we have in the squad that is capable and willing to take on and commit defenders. He is one of the few players that we have that brings pace, power and flair to the team.

Flair yes. Pace and power I dont think so.

I will agree that he has a lot of ability but a lot of the time it seems his brain is a day behind where his feet are. More often cursing him for making the wrong decision than praising him for doing good

power I dont think so.

built like a motherf*cker..

75973316iz6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I have a man crush on cr7 what what?? You all do just admit it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

How are people still talking about Nani? I've been in Manchester many times over the last year and the general consensus with fans over there is that he's finished, this is the only place you see him being bigged up. The guy has been at UTD. seven fcking years now and flattered to deceive bar a season and a half. Thankfully I really he will be sold on this Summer, a new era will begin soon and hopefully without Nani, val, young, clev etc. etc. It's like groundhog day with these players.

Montroseee wrote: »
    How are people still talking about Nani? I've been in Manchester many times over the last year and the general consensus with fans over there is that he's finished, this is the only place you see him being bigged up. The guy has been at UTD. seven fcking years now and flattered to deceive bar a season and a half. Thankfully I really he will be sold on this Summer, a new era will begin soon and hopefully without Nani, val, young, clev etc. etc. It's like groundhog day with these players.

It's like groundhog day with these Nani discussions tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

built like a motherf*cker..

75973316iz6.jpg

And that proves what? Hardly think he would have a beer gut would you. There is young lads body building at ten and twelve who could have the same muscle. Dosent mean they would have the power on a pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

SkySportsNews: Louis van Gaal tells SSN that Manchester United are the greatest club in the world & he would love to manage them - interview coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Dan Roan ‏@danroan 7m
    Louis Van Gaal tells me Man Utd are the "biggest club in the world" & that he wants to join them. Interview coming up across the BBC soon

I dont want anybody to do anything I just made an observation.
    I dont think grown men fancy these players sexually I just think they give the cute ones abit of a break.
    In any group of men the handsome one can be the most popular one not because they want to sleep with him but because they want to be him.
    David Beckam gets remembered as one of the greatest players ever in some circles. He was fairly decent but you have to admit he wasnt as good as the media will have you believe.
    Kagawa Dimi played good against weaker oposition. Kagawa decent for brief spells against bayern but apart from that nothing to say he is the amazing player Ferguson and Moyes ruined.
    Excuse after excuse made for them.

Mata and Kagawa are great once united are a goal or two up.
    If that resembles the slurring of a drunk man I should check what the missus is putting in my tea.
    If fellaini didnt start in that position yesterday it could have very easily gone down the Sunderland Fulham route.
    Plenty of lovely one,twos 30 yeards out then given back to Carrick. Rinse and repeat until Rooney pings it to a winger who attempts a cross while the opposition defence saunter back to the six yard box to head away.

• Advertisement

• Mars Bar wrote: »
    SkySportsNews: Louis van Gaal tells SSN that Manchester United are the greatest club in the world & he would love to manage them - interview coming up.
    Thanks for the heads up.

I dont want anybody to do anything I just made an observation.
    I dont think grown men fancy these players sexually I just think they give the cute ones abit of a break.
    In any group of men the handsome one can be the most popular one not because they want to sleep with him but because they want to be him.
    David Beckam gets remembered as one of the greatest players ever in some circles. He was fairly decent but you have to admit he wasnt as good as the media will have you believe.
    Kagawa Dimi played good against weaker oposition. Kagawa decent for brief spells against bayern but apart from that nothing to say he is the amazing player Ferguson and Moyes ruined.
    Excuse after excuse made for them.

Mata and Kagawa are great once united are a goal or two up.
    If that resembles the slurring of a drunk man I should check what the missus is putting in my tea.
    If fellaini didnt start in that position yesterday it could have very easily gone down the Sunderland Fulham route.
    Plenty of lovely one,twos 30 yeards out then given back to Carrick. Rinse and repeat until Rooney pings it to a winger who attempts a cross while the opposition defence saunter back to the six yard box to head away.
    Im confused if you dont mind me asking are you male or female? No male would bring this topic up here and for that matter no reasonable female would eitger mars is the example of my perfect woman knowledgable about football and doesnt seem too wound up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

That theory is bollocks tbh. I'm the prettiest poster on here and get plenty of stick plus lots of it in the real world too.

Or maybe its because I'm an asshole.

That theory is bollocks tbh. I'm the prettiest poster on here and get plenty of stick plus lots of it in the real world too.

Or maybe its because I'm an asshole.

Pics or we know your a gargoyle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

mars is the example of my perfect woman knowledgable about football and doesnt seem too wound up lol

Veiled marriage proposal.:pac:

• Van Gaal sucking up to the Man Utd board?? I'm waiting for the interview to play.

Pics or we know your a gargoyle :D

fabio-full-bike-shot-1994-web.jpg

I'm telling you, there's still someone else in the running for the job.

Veiled marriage proposal.:pac:

Im married but if i wasnt mars would be stalked again and again and again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Mars Bar wrote: »
    tumblr_m1slkld6xp1qf2gl0.gif

fabio-full-bike-shot-1994-web.jpg

Thats so 80s you ugly troll :P

• I'm telling you, there's still someone else in the running for the job.
    I keep saying it.......

There are women on here?? Hold the phone, I'll stop being an d*ckhead now! :)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I keep saying it.......

At this stage, VG still feels the need to flirt with the club...

I just hope it's not Giggs

There are women on here?? Hold the phone, I'll stop being an d*ckhead now! :)

Jaysus the christmas collection they did 2 years ago the female mod that got her kit off :O

To say i wouldnt would be a lie

• Advertisement

• At this stage, VG still feels the need to flirt with the club...

Giggs is not ready....yet and we all know it.
    Surely the board won't make a stupid decision. I really do think the hold out is for the Champions league final....

• Jaysus the christmas collection they did 2 years ago the female mod that got her kit off :O

To say i wouldnt would be a lie
    Basher you Autocreep :pac:

At this stage, VG still feels the need to flirt with the club...

It will be van gaal and giggs as his assistant..

Im really excited by van gaal i said it for years now he is the manager we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

From Moyes saying we aspire to be like City and to make it difficult for Newcastle at Old Trafford to LVG saying we're the greatest club in the world and he's not even the manager yet. I welcome our potential dutch war lord.

Thats so 80s you ugly troll :P

Real beauty is timeless.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement