Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I reckon Moyes will take over at Celtic, said it the day he was sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

"Bayern Munich president Karl Hopfner says the club will not make Toni Kroos a new contract offer." Via ESPNFC.

Is it happening? Is it?

Just saw this quoted aswell. That Bayern have ceased negotiations with Kroos.

Holy...****ing...****...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I reckon Moyes will take over at Celtic, said it the day he was sacked.

Looking very likely now and it would be a good call on your part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Had BBC One on first thing this morning and I was just checking the football gossip on their text page. They were talking as if United have already signed Kroos and yet we see no proof. All very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

No bull**** from Scholesy as usual. Finally someone outside an internet message board acknowledges Rooney has been in decline for the last 2 years and Ed Woodward is lucky to still be in a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Looking very likely now and it would be a good call on your part.

4/1 with Paddy Power, they have Larsson as the favourite.

Went with Mackay myself at 8/1.

Moyes is a better level then Scotland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

4/1 with Paddy Power, they have Larsson as the favourite.

Makes sense for him. He is guaranteed to win trophies there and hopefully qualify for the Champions League group stages. It would begin to close some gaps in his CV.

I still think he is a good manager, but United was not the job for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

"Bayern Munich president Karl Hopfner says the club will not make Toni Kroos a new contract offer." Via ESPNFC.

Is it happening? Is it?

Oh god...I have butterflies in my belly now.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Zico wrote: »
    No bull**** from Scholesy as usual. Finally someone outside an internet message board acknowledges Rooney has been in decline for the last 2 years and Ed Woodward is lucky to still be in a job.

he also says moyes should have got more time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

If Moyes brings Celtic from 1st down to 7th in the SPL, I think he truly will lose all credibility as a manager.... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how good a move that would be for him tbh. I know it's only Celtic but there are still grand expectations at Celtic. They expect a league title and a domestic cup every year. I reckon his best bet would be Newcastle. Few expectations and he's already proven himself at Everton, nearly an identical club.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Worth keeping in mind regarding the reliability of transfer sources

Vaj6bfw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

The day West Brom gave Mel the booth, I immediately thought Moyes would be a fit for them, they've always struck me as a club with potential to pitch themselves a fair bit higher than 16th or 17th.

I think Moyes is cute enough to wait for a good spot, he played a blinder with that rolling contract he had at Everton.

Best of luck to him, I think he'll do fantastic wherever he goes.

Lennon is an interesting one, I've often thought he's more about him than just coasting through life at Celtic, he definitely has an aura....clever from him too to get out before Rangers come back, leaving his rep sky high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Had BBC One on first thing this morning and I was just checking the football gossip on their text page. They were talking as if United have already signed Kroos and yet we see no proof. All very frustrating.

They just publish whats in the rags when they are reporting gossip.

If they say something about it themselves, thats the time to take it seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

statto25 wrote: »

I see nothing in that link about Van Gaal doing anything? Click bait if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Man alive, is this what the Guardian are stooping to?

• statto25 wrote: »

What source are they getting there info from??
    Pure tripe I would say.

ESPN quote and yet the above article totally contradicts the below.

"Bayern Munich president Karl Hopfner says the club will not make Toni Kroos a new contract offer."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Van Gaal OUT.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/louis-van-gaal-ends-manchester-united-interest-toni-kroos-bayern-munich
    Louis van Gaal has ended Manchester United’s interest in Toni Kroos, in what represents the new manager’s first major decision regarding the rebuilding of his squad this summer.

Hope it is Charlie from the Mail that is right and no Jackson.... please please please.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United have agreed a £20 million deal with Bayern Munich to not sign Toni Kroos.

News from the last 24 hours :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

TheDoc wrote: »
    Went with Mackay myself at 8/1.

Moyes is a better level then Scotland.

Will get a decent wage and finally should be able to say he won something of merit. Good place to restart without the huge English media spotlight too

Is there any substance to their claim? They seem to be just blurting it out without anything to back it up. No source, no inkling to where they got the information from.

I`d say it BS. They made it up. 50 % chance they will be right. He either will or wont sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The guardian bull****ting would be a lot rarer than the others

#vangaalout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Roll on August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

adox wrote: »
    He either will or wont sign.

Breaking lol

My excitement for next season has died with talk of Kroos not coming. It will be built back up, but feck... thought Kroos was coming. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Mike Keegan‏ @mikekeeganmen
    Without wanting to ruin anyone's chips, led to believe that while Kroos was on the old list he does not feature on the new one. #mufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That would be an almighty kick in the balls if this was true.

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Mike Keegan‏ @mikekeeganmen
    Without wanting to ruin anyone's chips, led to believe that while Kroos was on the old list he does not feature on the new one. #mufc

My chips are firmly ruined.

TheDoc wrote: »
    My chips are firmly ruined.

That lad can go jump. Was saying this morning we were on the verge of signing him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That lad can go jump. Was saying this morning we were on the verge of signing him.

Yeah as soon as the Guardian print it all the other mouth breathers start tweeting about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Van Gaal OUT.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/louis-van-gaal-ends-manchester-united-interest-toni-kroos-bayern-munich

Hope it is Charlie from the Mail that is right and no Jackson.... please please please.

This is appropriate right now.

You will all be sucked in again in a few days time when there's another name floated out to sell stories :pac:

I'd be wanting a serious explanation for stopping the pursuit of Kroos to be fair...and would expect a ****ing serious signing instead.

Not fully believing it. Bayern have confirmed they arnt improving their offer. The indication from his agent was that without an improved offer Kroos would be forced to look elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Feck it... if we want him, cool, if not, i'm sure the Iron Tulip has someone equally exciting in mind for midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Five hours changes everything.....

Mike Keegan @mikekeeganmen · 5h
    Right link this time...United on verge of Kroos deal

Mike Keegan @mikekeeganmen · 2m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

F*ck it anyway, every summer our hopes get built up then we get a kick in the balls instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

@mikekeeganmen · now
    Breaking: David Moyes is being investigated by Lancs Police over an alleged assault following an incident at a wine bar. More soon. #mufc

Jaysus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What source are they getting there info from??
    Pure tripe I would say.
    adox wrote: »
    Is there any substance to their claim? They seem to be just blurting it out without anything to back it up. No source, no inkling to where they got the information from.

What was the source for the claim that he would be signed? Are you just discounting the Guardian because they're not telling you what you want to hear?

• Advertisement

haveana-flipflop-gold.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The journo I trust the most (Daniel Taylor) is fairly adamant that United's top target is Fabregas, who seems very gettable this Summer (although Arsenal could prove to be a problem there)

If the Guardian report on LVG decinding against pursuing Kroos is true, that could be a factor. He also may not be a fan of Kroos' attitude, although that's pure speculation on my part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

James Ducker (One of the reliable journos)retweeted the guardian link and confirmed its genuine :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

One second I'm hugely confused...didn't Bangkok say he was signing? I don't know who to believe anymore.

Worst thing is, you just know City are going to swoop in now if he is available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Once again its:

-Article saying Kroos will sign, but not much in the article = Bull****. Don't get your hopes up.

-Article saying Kroos won't sign, but not much in the article = True. I'm off to drown my sorrows in Ben & Jerrys. Van Gaal Out. We're going to be relegated.

Don't forget the day after we apparently bid £27m for Luke Shaw, Jamie Jackson said Southampton had rejected the offer. Nobody else did. Seems the same here to me, couple of places say we are on the verge of Kroos, Jackson says no. The first one wasn't true, and after reading the article I have a hard time believing the second one is true. So Van Gaal just doesn't want Toni Kroos?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, the report is horsesh!t. No quotes from LVG. Utter tripe.

What was the source for the claim that he would be signed? Are you just discounting the Guardian because they're not telling you what you want to hear?

No I`m discounting it because there are no quotes to back it up or sources or where they are pulling the story from.

Still doesnt mean I believe that Kroos is signed. Just means I dont currently believe that Van Gaal doesnt want him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

iWODu8Yhm9O7E.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement