Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads, the report is horsesh!t. No quotes from LVG. Utter tripe.

There doesn't need to be quotes for it to be true.

All that needs to happen is;

United source finds out that LVG has ended interest in Kroos ---> United source tells journo ----> Journo writes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Unnamed Telegraph reporter saying the same as the Guardian.

We'll sign Fellaini to a new contract on the last day of the window. f*** football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

He tried to assault someone, was unsuccessful.

Took me a while, got it after a second reading :)

• What was the source for the claim that he would be signed? Are you just discounting the Guardian because they're not telling you what you want to hear?

Below. 100% Facts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Haha this thread can be hilarious, Just because LVG has no interest in Kroos now our only summer transfer dealings will be tying fellaini down to a new contract?

Give it a rest lads United are going through a huge rebuilding and clearout there will be big signings this summer it is inevitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

bangkok said we'll sign Kroos and Shaw. bangkok is in the know with sources in Manchester. #BELIEVE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I wasn't happy we overlooked Strootman.

Will be inconsolable if we have the chance on Kroos and don't take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Gutted about Kroos if it's true, only a combination of Vidal, Fabregas and Stootman will ease the pain

• TheDoc wrote: »
    I wasn't happy we overlooked Strootman.

Will be inconsolable if we have the chance on Kroos and don't take it.

Wondering why did we overlook Strootman??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

MagicIRL wrote: »
    bangkok said we'll sign Kroos and Shaw. bangkok is in the know with sources in Manchester. #BELIEVE

Bangkok will be very sad if the iron tulip has put his fist into the kroos deal and smacked him back to Germany..... Kroos wants to come, man utd want him, the fans want him....the big question is does the Czar of Alkmaar want him?!!! he worked with him before I hope to god he hasn't pulled the plug on it....

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Wondering why did we overlook him Strootman??

Because he can't sell Afro wigs outside OT, that's why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Wondering why did we overlook him Strootman??

Don't know but it was ****ing stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

MagicIRL wrote: »

In before bangkok says deal was put in place under Moyes and called off by LVG.

EDIT: Fúck, he beat me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

adox wrote: »
    No I`m discounting it because there are no quotes to back it up or sources or where they are pulling the story from.

Still doesnt mean I believe that Kroos is signed. Just means I dont currently believe that Van Gaal doesnt want him.

That's grand. I was getting the impression that people were buying in to the "Kroos done and dusted at £20m" stories, but rejecting the "LVG doesn't want Kroos" one, despite neither providing sources. Which would be stupid.

• TheDoc wrote: »
    Don't know but it was ****ing stupid.

I thought he's still on the target list;

Quote from LVG (Can be viewed in two ways)

"Success at United doesn't depend on money, but about which players we bring in," he told NOS. "I gave my wishlist to the club. Is Kevin Strootman on it? A question for you, a fact for me."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

They only arrested Moyes now?
    It's been ages since that guy made that phone call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Haha this thread can be hilarious, Just because LVG has no interest in Kroos now our only summer transfer dealings will be tying fellaini down to a new contract?

Give it a rest lads United are going through a huge rebuilding and clearout there will be big signings this summer it is inevitable.

We needed a big rebuilding last summer and signings were inevitable last summer.... and we ended up with Fellaini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

I hope the fcuk Luke Shaw is on Van Gaal's list

Im sticking to my guns.....kroos will sign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Why the **** would you not be ****ing interested in Toni mother****ing Kroos?. And for only ****ing 20 ****ing million. ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Any sign of our 3 lawyers lately??

• PaddyCar wrote: »
    Any sign of our 3 lawyers lately??

:P Please god not again

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Clearly anyone who would improve our midfield is not a 'Manchester United player™'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Dailyfail saying Sagna has signed for city, £150,000 a week , i see the ffp had affected them big time.

tom cleverly has just been given a new 5 year contract worth 160k a week, Louis van Gaal has said he wants to build his team around cleverly and will be giving him the no7 shirt. when asked about kroos van gaal replied who needs kroos when you have a cleverly!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Delboy5

If Kroos is now off the list then whos next for midfield,
    Id take Vidal or Fabregas with Strootman...

We definitely need someone in there thats able to protect our back 4 and win us some "dirty ball"......

• Hococop wrote: »
    Dailyfail saying Sagna has signed for city, £150,000 a week , i see the ffp had affected them big time.

Dailyfail :D

So much for getting deals done early.

Shaw is probably the only deal that could possibly be done before the world cup at this stage.

I have tears in my eyes reading the 'Draw a footballer' thread. The Gerviniho, Andy carroll and Rooney ones had me in stitches. Oh, and Guess Whi - The Andre Marriner edition!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, so let me get this straight.

This morning, Kroos was locked in, deal agreed, on his way to United; Moyes had set up the deal and LVG had signed off. Deal done.
    Now, it's all called off, deal dead; Moyes had set it up but LVG has called it off.

And it's the same reporters reporting both pieces of news, despite it being utterly contradictory. Yet people will ignore that and simply use the latter to bash management, well before the window opens and we see what's actually happening. Forget the fact this is a perfect example of why you shouldn't listen or believe journalists online, #VanGaalOut! :rolleyes:

Maybe give it more than an hour before saying the roof is falling down...

Probably not a bad thing for my sanity that I'm away out for the day actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Kroos for 20m sounds too good to true, could you imagine it. Hopefully new signings start coming in, wc starts soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I hope the fcuk Luke Shaw is on Van Gaal's list

its gone very very quiet in the past week re Shaw.

i hope that Van Gaal isnt going to try sign a bunch of the Netherlands team as his answer to all our problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

I think we all know whose fault this really is...

Mike Keegan @mikekeeganmen · 5h
    Right link this time...United on verge of Kroos deal

We are not signing Ton...oh sorry, I have a meeting now.

Mike Keegan @mikekeeganmen · 2m
    Without wanting to ruin anyone's chips, led to believe that while Kroos was on the old list he does not feature on the new one. #mufc

simpsons-villagers-pitchfork-torches.jpeg

• MagicIRL wrote: »
    I have tears in my eyes reading the 'Draw a footballer' thread. The Gerviniho, Andy carroll and Rooney ones had me in stitches. Oh, and Guess Whi - The Andre Marriner edition!

Rayne Wooney nailed me in fairness and it was hilarious. :o

Has to be the best thread in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Or maybe Bayern told United to **** off and that they would rather let him go on free transfer next season that selling him. So United briefed the press as usual.

• Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Or maybe Bayern told United to **** off and that they would rather let him go on free transfer next season that selling him. So United briefed the press as usual.

Why would they refuse 20 million and let him go on a free :confused:

Right, so let me get this straight.

This morning, Kroos was locked in, deal agreed, on his way to United; Moyes had set up the deal and LVG had signed off. Deal done.
    Now, it's all called off, deal dead; Moyes had set it up but LVG has called it off.

And it's the same reporters reporting both pieces of news, despite it being utterly contradictory. Yet people will ignore that and simply use the latter to bash management, well before the window opens and we see what's actually happening. Forget the fact this is a perfect example of why you shouldn't listen or believe journalists online, #VanGaalOut! :rolleyes:

Maybe give it more than an hour before saying the roof is falling down...

Probably not a bad thing for my sanity that I'm away out for the day actually.

Why do people keep referring to the window opening?

Barcelona are fúcking parading Ter Stegen around today.

The window opening just allows the documents to be officially submitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Was there any quotes about him wanting to sign Kroos?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Why would they refuse 20 million and let him go on a free :confused:

Maybe the reason why Dortmund let Lewandowski go on free than selling him to Bayern for 25 Million? I know it's not domestic rivalry and all that but they did same thing with Ballack too when Ballack was still class player.

its gone very very quiet in the past week re Shaw.

i hope that Van Gaal isnt going to try sign a bunch of the Netherlands team as his answer to all our problems.

Hollandisation is inevitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Does anyone seriously believe we were close to signing Kroos and Van Gaal pulled out of it? I mean seriously their is no chance that happened. He may be a nutter but he is not stupid.

TheTownie wrote: »
    Why do people keep referring to the window opening?

Barcelona are fúcking parading Ter Stegen around today.

The window opening just allows the documents to be officially submitted.

Because its a measure of time with regards how long we have left to worry about transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Leo Beenhakker, a "friend and mentor" to LVG, was asked to predict his LVG United team. He had this to say about the team he picked:

"Let me be clear, Louis has not confirmed anything to me. These are just discussions we have had as friends, not as professionals.
    "Louis wants 11 footballers in the team. Technical players. Even the centre backs must be able to bring the ball out and pass. Vertonghen is one of the best at this, and also left footed which is important to Louis.
    "The plan is to control the game with wonderful passing, touch and bravery in tight spaces, which allows the opportunity of an overload.
    "This allows both wide defenders to become almost wingers. They are both young and full of stamina. They are important because they give the system width.
    "When possession is lost, Strootman is capable of becoming a libero and slotting into a 3 man defence.
    "His intention is to adapt Total Football to the modern game."

And this is the team:

UcRE02G.jpg

And my reaction?

tumblr_inline_n5qqfdUl321r1nx7c.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Vertonghen I like, really versatile defender, would like to see him at OT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

That makes me wanna play FM so bad right now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

IvySlayer wrote: »
    That makes me wanna play FM so bad right now :P

Same haha everytime transfer season starts i get this urge to start a career on fifa and just try and buy who i want!

I just can't see us signing three CMs this summer! What a team though!

Because its a measure of time with regards how long we have left to worry about transfers.

Good to know this thread is not short of is expert time measurers after their exploits last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Does anyone seriously believe we were close to signing Kroos and Van Gaal pulled out of it? I mean seriously their is no chance that happened. He may be a nutter but he is not stupid.

Nah not a chance.

Imo it's one of three scenarios;
    1. Utd trying to save a bit of face knowing that Kroos has now agreed to stay at Bayern.
    2. The club trying to put a dampener on the kind of speculation we saw last night in order to avoid another pr disaster if/when Kroos signs a new deal at Bayern.
    3. Putting the pressure on Kroos to make a decision one way or the other, letting him know the club won't sit around all Summer for him to make his mind up.

• Advertisement

TheTownie wrote: »
    Good to know this thread is not short of is expert time measurers after their exploits last summer.

Yes. cause nothing has changed in that year passed, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement