Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Slightly Off-topic but Moyes facing police probe all over SSN. Dafuq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

You know when you know there is something up with herself but you're not quite sure what...and then she starts and she works herself up into a big frenzy and you're still not sure why, there's lots of giving out, lots of emotion.... there may even be tears and you're still in the dark and you're certain you didn't say anything to anyone about anything, wtf is going on here you're thinking........

that's what the thread reminds me of...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

So are there any direct quotes from LVG to say he doesn't want Kroos, or is it all journos retweeting the same thing:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

@Rayne Wooney - I've a guy on site who is sharing my office today, I was trying to peek through the Draw a Footballer thread on the sly. Got to your "Contain yourself Mick" line and laughed out loud.

You're on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

I wouldn't be surprised if Kroo's said to himself, I'll run down my contract here and come for nowt as long as United make it to the champions league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Yes. cause nothing has changed in that year passed, right?

Real world is always changing. This thread not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Another option is that Jamie Jackson's club source has asked him to cool the rumours while United try to get a deal done. Apparently he did something similar with Mata? https://twitter.com/JamieJackson___/status/426737053942824960

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Zico wrote: »
    No bull**** from Scholesy as usual. Finally someone outside an internet message board acknowledges Rooney has been in decline for the last 2 years and Ed Woodward is lucky to still be in a job.

I remember my father who's a good judge of players saying years ago that Utd should sell Rooney before he reaches his lat 20's reckoned he'd have past his peak at that point. Might have had a point.

• More Van Gaal rage

Apologies, link sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Just got back home, better check if we've signed Kroos yet.

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

If the Kroos rejection is true....

jJ964o3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Moyes arrested for assault in some wine bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Moyes arrested for assault in some wine bar!

If only he had them balls at United...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

dont do it to yourself.

Kroos + Thiago + Sneijder = disappoitment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rooster Teeth reference. brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Moyes is meant to have attacked? I don't buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

moyes got news that man utd pulled out of the kroos deal and went on the rampage :D

Somewhere right now, some little **** is probably absolutely delighted that he got to give Moyes a mouthful of abuse and make it headline news.

Of course I'm jumping to conclusions here, as I don't imagine David Moyes just randomly starting a fight with someone at a wine bar.

What a weird fúcking day, thank jaysus for the 'paint a footballer' thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I hope Moyes clocked one of those knuckle-dragging, Neanderthal retards that are no doubt abusing him in his daily life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

stankratz wrote: »
    Somewhere right now, some little **** is probably absolutely delighted that he got to give Moyes a mouthful of abuse and make it headline news.

This. Don't think Moyes would be one to fly off the handle too easily. I'd hazard a guess that some idiot just kept at him or brought his daughter into it. The 'assault' was, at most, a grab or a push.
    I'm sure the tabloids will fill in all the details anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

BBC Sport

11 mins ·

Manchester City FC are set to sign Bacary Sagna after the 31 year-old French international rejected an improved offer to stay at Arsenal.
    Meanwhile new Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal wants to sign Arjen Robben to play alongside his FC Bayern München team-mate Toni Kroos at Old Trafford.
    Read more of our second edition gossip: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

From Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

City having Zab, Sagna. Clichy and Kolarov for full backs positions is madness, all top quality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

City having Zab, Sagna. Clichy and Kolarov for full backs positions is madness, all top quality

And all being paid sufficently to be quite content on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

MagicIRL wrote: »
    From Facebook.

Tis just from the gossip column, not the BBC seal of approval unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chris Wheeler, you lying bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

slingerz wrote: »
    And all being paid sufficently to be quite content on the bench

Wait till its there birthdays or there mothers dont get flowers and chocolates from the club on mothers day.

Strike ,Strike,strike

City blue flu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Richards too he must be off in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Jan Aage Fjortoft names one of the agents (Volker struth) for Kroos and says Toni will play at Bayern till 2015 at least.
    Maybe never on a list as he was not available this summer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

RobertKK wrote: »
    Jan Aage Fjortoft names one of the agents (Volker struth) for Kroos and says Toni will play at Bayern till 2015 at least.
    Maybe never on a list as he was not available this summer...

Mr Struth made those comments in January as far as i'm aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mr Struth made those comments in January as far as i'm aware.

Oh, so Jan is rehashing old news.

There is very mixed news on Kroos. It is off says one, others is he is part of a double bid that includes Robben.

Maybe better off believing it will not happen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

already, its starting to feel like last summer all over again with the stories of deals being close, only for some pathetic excuse to pop up. linked and wanting the top players, then pulling out or not getting them.

ive said this many times, there is going to be alot of lads disappointed this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

RobertKK wrote: »
    Oh, so Jan is rehashing old news.

There is very mixed news on Kroos. It is off says one, others is he is part of a double bid that includes Robben.

Maybe better off believing it will not happen...

I still think it's on going by the people i listen to, not claiming inside knowledge or anything.

Time will tell i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

already, its starting to feel like last summer all over again with the stories of deals being close, only for some pathetic excuse to pop up. linked and wanting the top players, then pulling out or not getting them.

ive said this many times, there is going to be alot of lads disappointed this summer.

Early days yet, especially as the transfer window is a few weeks away from even opening! The ink is still drying too on the Van Gaal contract. An overhaul is essential and it will happen over the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Was on a 24hour holiday so just wondering what I missed around here thanks in advance lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Was on a 24hour holiday so just wondering what I missed around here thanks in advance lads
    • Kroos is nailed on to sign for 20 million, deal is done.
    • Paul Scholes is suddenly pretty outspoken and evidently doesn't rate Woodward. Rates Kroos though.
    • Paul Scholes also thinks Rooney's best days are behind him.
    • No wait, LVG doesn't want Kroos, deal is off.
    • Moyes flew off the handle and bashed someone in a wine bar when he found out.
    • The Draw a Footballer thread exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

We signed Toni Kroos but sold him back to Bayern 3 hours later.

Trust me, you're better not knowing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kroos looks gettable now and if we aren't interested or LVG has blocked it I think I will actually cry for hours on end....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I'm pretty sure that LVG quote someone put up earlier is a load of crap. Still believe the kroos deal may go through....but for 20million, im not too sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

dahat wrote: »
    Kroos looks gettable now and if we aren't interested or LVG has blocked it I think I will actually cry for hours on end....

No way LVG would block it, I wouldnt be having that at all

Course, I also wouldnt be having that he was being sold for 20 million

Or that we were on the verge of signing him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I think Woodward is actually working his socks off to get some deals through and i wouldn't be so scared if any deals aren't announced before the WC.
    I'd say transfer targets such as Luke Shaw are 85% complete and it would make more sense to announce the deal after the WC, so he can solely concentrate on the WC at the moment and not have the press hunting him down. Plus he's only 18 years old, how much pressure can you put on a young lad.

So according too the IDK Twitter accounts we wanted Kroos, had 20million accepted and LVG blocked it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Scholes has had a busy day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2636476/On-ead-son-Man-United-stars-new-football-hotel-Manchester-challenge-builders-quick-five-game.html

Looking at the pictures they would want to up their on site safety,unless Adidas are now making steel toe cap trainers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Devils of United ‏@DevilsOfUnited
    Toni Kroos told German media Bild that he has turned down Bayern Munich's contract offer. #MUFC

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

So according too the IDK Twitter accounts we wanted Kroos, had 20million accepted and LVG blocked it?

He wants Vidal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Agueroooo wrote: »
    He wants Vidal

I much prefer Kroos's hair to Vidals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I personally think Kroos is best at Number 10 an we are well stocked there with Mata, Rooney and Kagawa. I think above all else we need a bit of steel as well as flair, don't get me wrong Id take Kroos but Strootman and Vidal would be the best central midfield partnership in Europe, defensive stability, creativity, and they both score goals. Kroos as a number 10 ahead of strootman and Vidal would be the ultimate

Heres my dream united 11 for next season

Dea Gea

Coleman
    Evans
    Hummels
    Shaw

Strootman
    Vidal

Robben
    Mata
    Reus

RVP

Can you imagine that team

Agueroooo wrote: »
    He wants Vidal

Why not them both? Ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

God i'm sick of this s.hite already ... can't wait for the first game of next season already - Man Utd and transfer windows just don't seem to go together at all :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement