Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

irishfeen wrote: »
    God i'm sick of this s.hite already ... can't wait for the first game of next season already - Man Utd and transfer windows just don't seem to go together at all :(

Transfer windows are the worst. Don`t believe anything you read. Might as well just ignore it all till transfer deadline day. I won`t believe anything till I see him in a UTD jersey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

irishfeen wrote: »
    God i'm sick of this s.hite already ... can't wait for the first game of next season already - Man Utd and transfer windows just don't seem to go together at all :(

only positive thing is the world cup will keep us occupied for a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

question.... if ye had the choice would ye rather Kroos, vidal or fabregas???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

only positive thing is the world cup will keep us occupied for a bit
    I'll probably miss past the last 16 for the most in the states :( but era that might keep me occupied anyway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

bangkok wrote: »

Vidal all day long, the guy is all types of midfielders all built into one

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

daddy or chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If its hypothetical then i want them all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

None of the above, I want Carrick, Cleverley and Anderson to be our main men next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I wouldn't put Kroos and Fabregas in the same midfield in football manager myself, there are a lot of similarities about the way they play, you need someone like Strootman or Vidal in beside them

ITK Palmeri has apparently said Van Gaal wants Fabregas

I suppose I would be happy with a midfield of Fabregas and Vidal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

Lads, Will anybody be supporting Holland in the World cup now that LVG is our gaffer. I see positives and negatives for us if the dutch do well. LVG will come back to Manchester felling invincible and buzzing from their World cup exploits and obviously the negative that he will be with the national team longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

So what midfielders would fit the bill? Excluding vidal, carvalho, strootman and fabregas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

So what midfielders would fit the bill? Excluding vidal, carvalho, strootman and fabregas.

Toure and iniesta would be a decent combo as long as there is enough cake to go round!

Signing any of the midfielders mentioned would be great. 2 would be ideal.

Then throw in a few of the other targets for defense and wide midfield and we have had the best Summer transfer window ever.

Then my alarm clock goes off and I wake up for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I could do another list, after the roaring success that was last seasons'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Rakitic? Pjanic? Marchisio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

This is basically how I see the summer going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anyone who can pass the ball forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

This is basically how I see the summer going.
    ... it better not fcuking turn out like Summer 13 -

BcW0UtnIQAE79t8.jpg

havent seen much of vidal to be honest, only time i seen him this year was europa league semi final and he wasnt great that night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Wait till start of August when we are linked with Osman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Muller rejects Leyland Van Daft, plus Fabregas and Kroos and....well you get the idea.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/thomas-muller-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-cesc-fabregas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

We could all sing happy birthday to yaya and try lure him to old trafford ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

mike65 wrote: »
    Muller rejects Leyland Van Daft, plus Fabregas and Kroos and....well you get the idea.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/thomas-muller-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-cesc-fabregas

The **** is this?

I'm playing with his name - thing is you'll always know who it refers to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Graham Hunter

#Pep really likes #Kroos as a player but thinks #Scweini slows circulation of possession - thus #United were offered Schweini instead

We were offered Scwheinsteiger?

So in less than 24 hours we've agreed a deal with Bayern for Kroos, then we didn't want him a few hours later because he isn't in Van Gaal's plans, then we end our interest in Fabregas and now we were offered Scweinsteiger?

It's not even June, for fúck sake....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

The **** is this?

A Liverpool fan running to the Utd thread with bad news for a wind up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I'm playing with his name - thing is you'll always know who it refers to!

Genius Michael

I'm sure you never called Brendan Rodgers - Brenda eh? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Brenda is too mild

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

I'm a massive fan of Vidal's but the logical move might be Fabregas on the basis of his Premier League experience.

Slightly different players though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Schwiiing wrote: »
    A Liverpool fan running to the Utd thread with bad news for a wind up.

I would say more a pathetic individual just getting his jollys annoying people. Well trying to annoy people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Pressure's building on Rodgers...that's two seasons and zero trophies.

He's not even the most successful person in his own family.

Apparently his brother, Buck, is an astronaut...

Cesc...Louis, Louis sign him up!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

havent seen much of vidal to be honest, only time i seen him this year was europa league semi final and he wasnt great that night...
    He was playing through a knee injury he suffered at the end of March & only had an operation 2 weeks ago. He is an outstading CM & would be a great signing for anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I haven't. Then again I'm not 9 years old.

Thought we might have done and dusted Shaw deal by now.

We might pull Fabregas out of the air, but Kroos was always a long shot.

Nobody should be disappointed if we don't get him as it was never really realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Thought we might have done and dusted Shaw deal by now.

We might pull Fabregas out of the air, but Kroos was always a long shot.

Nobody should be disappointed if we don't get him as it was never really realistic.

if Kroos ends up going somewhere else for £20million, there will be anarchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,474 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Pressure's building on Rodgers...that's two seasons and zero trophies.

He's not even the most successful person in his own family.

Apparently his brother, Buck, is an astronaut...

Cesc...Louis, Louis sign him up!!!

Oh dear. Shocking.

Glazers Out!

if Kroos ends up going somewhere else for £20million, there will be anarchy.

I doubt he is leaving in first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I doubt he is leaving in first place

well it appears he was looking to leave, rejected latest contract and bayern not offering a new one.

one of the best ball players in the world could be tempted to leave and we dont want him apparently. thats just f*cking insane.

wonder has somebody already brain washed Van Gaal into thinking our midfield is good enough and we dont actually need to sign many players?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Would bayern honestly run down kroos' contract instead of cashing in now? They cant give in to wage demands or else the door will be left open for other players to do the same and if its monet theyre worried about youd think theyd cash in now instead of loosing kroos on a free .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

well it appears he was looking to leave, rejected latest contract and bayern not offering a new one.

one of the best ball players in the world could be tempted to leave and we dont want him apparently. thats just f*cking insane.

wonder has somebody already brain washed Van Gaal into thinking our midfield is good enough and we dont actually need to sign many players?

According to who exactly?

Honestly, think he is just playing hard ball with Bayern.

If he does leave I be shocked personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I don't believe a word of any of this Kroos stuff. Firstly many outlets reported that van Gaal wanted Kroos, Robben, Muller etc. and now the same writers are saying that he doesn't like Kroos. Seems like they don't know what is going on.

Looks like I'll stick to the BBC so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

dor843088 wrote: »
    Would bayern honestly run down kroos' contract instead of cashing in now? They cant give in to wage demands or else the door will be left open for other players to do the same and if its monet theyre worried about youd think theyd cash in now instead of loosing kroos on a free .

Bayern are the financially responsible version of real madrid they're just as nutty and stubborn. they could do anything. they let ballack go on a free and podolski on the cheap

Lads its better for Kroos to go for 20 million to United this year while we are no threat to Bayern for a while than go for free next year to a club like Real Madrid.

• Advertisement

I would pay top Dollar to see Kroos at United.

I'm a huge fan of his. Have been since I saw him live moons ago, but I never ever felt he was or is coming to United. I still don't and I think he is staying at Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

glued wrote: »
    I don't believe a word of any of this Kroos stuff. Firstly many outlets reported that van Gaal wanted Kroos, Robben, Muller etc. and now the same writers are saying that he doesn't like Kroos. Seems like they don't know what is going on.

Looks like I'll stick to the BBC so.

I find it impossible to believe that the club has been speaking to LVG for weeks and only today has he given the club a list of players that he wants and Kroos wasn't on it. Whatever's happening it's definitely not because we're not interested.

NTMK wrote: »
    Bayern are the financially responsible version of real madrid they're just as nutty and stubborn. they could do anything. they let ballack go on a free and podolski on the cheap

ballack had a falling out with bayern so they allowed him to leave...

sure man utd allowed vidic to leave for free, pogba for free although he acted like an ass and sold numerous players for dirt cheap.... rossi 6m van nistelrooy 10m pique 6m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Kroos: "There are many speculations but Manchester United has never been an option. I expect to play at Bayern next season." via Bild

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

zerks wrote: »
    Kroos: "There are many speculations but Manchester United has never been an option. I expect to play at Bayern next season." via Bild

F5UT3AW.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement