Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

zerks wrote: »
    Kroos: "There are many speculations but Manchester United has never been an option. I expect to play at Bayern next season." via Bild

That's more like it, he will either sign a new deal with Bayern or go on free next year to Real, Barca or Juve.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The speculation is Bayern didn't plan on letting him leave, so United was never an option for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

At least Schweinsteiger is coming now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RobertKK wrote: »
    The speculation is Bayern didn't plan on letting him leave, so United was never an option for next season.

The other part of this saga is that Bayern could be offering us Schweinsteiger instead due to him not fitting into Pep's system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

F5UT3AW.gif
    I laughed so hard at that!

Is this source dependable? ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kroos: "There are many speculations but Manchester United has never been an option. I expect to play at Bayern next season." via Bild

tumblr_mplwkbksjl1r29bygo1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Kroos: "There are many speculations but Manchester United has never been an option. I expect to play at Bayern next season."

2vboutf.gif

No, but seriously...

11k8vi8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

In the space of 12 hours we have gone from it seems possible we might sign kroos, then to lvg blocking it, now its kroos was never leaving

By the end of the transfer window how I will see most of us

Coffee+and+cigs.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Some great reporting going on today. Would the club ever leak things that are wrong just to mess with the press? Not that they would need to anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

At least we can put Kroos stuff behind us now and move on.

It was never happening in first place and Kroos confirming it while disappointing means this stupid saga won't run on.

Plenty of quality out there.

It's not end of world as much as I love Kroos as player.

TheDoc wrote: »
    tumblr_mplwkbksjl1r29bygo1_400.gif

Look on bright side. At least your friend won't be getting too close for comfort now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

SSN reporting that we are going to sell Chico for around £10 million and that we were sniffing around Muller but he has given us the fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If there is any positive about the Kroos stories it's that it can all be put to one side now. Nail that coffin shut please and move on to the next rumour. Surely Fabregas is next in line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Not another summer of this crap pleaae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

GSPfan wrote: »
    If there is any positive about the Kroos stories it's that it can all be put to one side now. Nail that coffin shut please and move on to the next rumour. Surely Fabregas is next in line.

I really cant see fabregas going anywer bar Arsenal. Its his second home. And they have champions lg football.

The English rags/twitter would drive you round the twist during transfer window time.

Was Kroos or Reus ever going anywhere according to solid German sources? Probably not particularly the latter

I don't believe anything these days until I see it on BBC or more specifically the clubs website!

I really cant see fabregas going anywer bar Arsenal. Its his second home. And they have champions lg football.

Me either, but it wont stop every journalist tweeting and writing about it like they know something about it. Then the eventual quotes come from Fabregas stating his non interest and we move on to the next unlikely target on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The English rags/twitter would drive you round the twist during transfer window time.

Was Kroos or Reus ever going anywhere according to solid German sources? Probably not particularly the latter

I don't believe anything these days until I see it on BBC or more specifically the clubs website!

Yep exactly. I don't think any of them have any idea what's going on. I'll just stick to the BBC.

Ducker, Ogden, Jackson etc have all contradicted themselves the last few weeks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Some great reporting going on today. Would the club ever leak things that are wrong just to mess with the press? Not that they would need to anyway.

Yes - woodward told the manchester press pack to ignore all speculation regarding Mata as United were not interested. two weeks later he was a United player.

At least we can put Kroos stuff behind us now and move on.

It was never happening in first place and Kroos confirming it while disappointing means this stupid saga won't run on.

Plenty of quality out there.

It's not end of world as much as I love Kroos as player.

We had these discussions last summer too though - so what we didn't get thiago, there are plenty of players out there.....FELLAINI!

I'm getting a bad feeling about this summer again - the club has been briefing they wanted two big signings before the world cup. Kroos has gone down the crapper (for whatever reasons) and nothing has happened on Shaw in the last week - the outlook for United is getting worse by the day.

They all just take a rumour and escalate it. Sure it works. Those journalists names get mentioned every day in here. They are famous among football fans. And they must get massive web traffic with the article links being posted on places like here and twitter.

Obsessing over these transfer rumours is as bad as women with Hello and OK magazines. Its all trash to sell a product.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

This is going to be a horribly long summer.

KH25 wrote: »
    This is going to be a horribly long summer.

Honestly though if you just dont read football news on the internet or a paper you wont know any of this is even happening. Its not hard to avoid it.

If you cant avoid it then just remind yourself every time you read football rumours that its almost certainly bullshhit. It helps.

• Advertisement

We had these discussions last summer too though - so what we didn't get thiago, there are plenty of players out there.....FELLAINI!

I'm getting a bad feeling about this summer again - the club has been briefing they wanted two big signings before the world cup. Kroos has gone down the crapper (for whatever reasons) and nothing has happened on Shaw in the last week - the outlook for United is getting worse by the day.

this does not change the fact there is quality out there.

last summer was a disaster but that was last summer.

We have new manager in charge now.

I totally agree with your concerns from last summer what I would disagree with is that just cause we bought Fellaini and him only means thats the best we might get.

I never bought into Kroos rumours so maybe im not as upset as others.

it was a no go from word go.

this does not change the fact there is quality out there.

last summer was a disaster but that was last summer.

We have new manager in charge now.

I totally agree with your concerns from last summer what I would disagree with is that just cause we bought Fellaini and him only means thats the best we might get.

it was a no go from word go.

indeed, we have a new manager, with seemingly a very different set of transfer targets to the ones we had been working on since January, and the same CEO that was incapable of doing deals for players last summer. If we are starting from scratch, again, during the window, it doesn't look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Not another summer of this crap pleaae

really is starting already. we will sign players, but having it done easy (i.e. quickly) is not going to happen as we all wish, and i fear also we will not sign the players we all think we need either.

you'd be wondering why Scholes is willing to come out and say we need up to 6 new players, yet at the same time Giggs was saying a few weeks back the squad is there and it doesn need major work, along the lines of what Sir Bobby was saying.

it would really make you worry about the mentality that exists behind the scences at Old Trafford - our players and staff think they are better than they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The other part of this saga is that Bayern could be offering us Schweinsteiger instead due to him not fitting into Pep's system.

Nobody has complained about the state of our midfield more than me, but unless we are getting them for great value I don't see the point of going for the likes of Toure, Robben or Schweinsteiger.

They are world class, but they are in their thirties and we need a rebuild, so whats the point of spending big money on players we need to replace again in a few seasons?

If we could get them for £15million or at least less than £20million then fine, hard to pass that. But the likes of Toure would cost far more than that so not really worth it to me.

If we want to rebuild this team then we should do it right, spend that money on the next generation of superstars, not the last one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, but the funny thing is it will be the doomsayers who always said it was never happening that will react with the most OTT venom towards United, choosing to ignore Kroos' call that it was a non-runner.

Personally, I'm not that worried; I'm not expecting much till after the WC, simply because it's in clubs best interests to wait and see how people do at the competition before they sell them. And if Kroos is dead, at least it's died early and we can move on; Fabregas last summer was only in its infancy round now.

I believe LVG gave United a list of transfer targets and if Kroos is dead, then we move on to our next target. But I wish people would see how journalists jumped from "LVG has signed off on the idea" to "ITS 100% HAPPENING!" to "LVG never wanted him and blocked the deal" to "Kroos says he was never coming to United" within the space of 24 hours; some journalists have blatantly contradicted themselves here very obviously.

• Advertisement

indeed, we have a new manager, with seemingly a very different set of transfer targets to the ones we had been working on since January, and the same CEO that was incapable of doing deals for players last summer. If we are starting from scratch, again, during the window, it doesn't look good.

I would share the same concerns about Woodward, but im hoping lessons have been learned from last season .

having LVG as manager is huge advantage over Moyes even without CL football .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I think this one is easy enough to explain and isn't actually United/Woodward's fault at all, here's the way it probably went;

- United are in bad need of strength and depth in midfield, Kroos agent/maybe himself take major notice.

- Kroos sounds out Bayern (want him to stay but not at all cost), Kroos reps leak to United that a deal "might" be possible even though he has no intension of leaving and wants better deal at Bayern.... Saga drags on with British press presuming deal is "close".

- United with LVG's agreement (thinking all might be set) offer an amount (20-30 million) and Bayern hold back from saying anything. (Wen night).

- Bayern informs Kroos that the club won't be held to ransomed and inform him they are more then willing to agree a fee with United and make an example of him.

- Kroos/agent panics and agrees he will stay at Bayern.

- United/Woodward/LVG informed by Bayern/Kroos (Woodward must have been going absolutely mad) and feed the media stories that we were never interested as LVG as he has his own plans to save face.

... It seems to have gone the exact same route as Cesc last year and IMO is not the fault of United or Bayern - Kroos tried to think he had hold over Bayern and they didn't blink (were well prepared to let him off and make an example of him), so fair fcuks to them.

Now, onwards and upwards...

And if Kroos is dead

When did this happen? :( RIP Toni. Transfer rumour legend.

really is starting already. we will sign players, but having it done easy (i.e. quickly) is not going to happen as we all wish, and i fear also we will not sign the players we all think we need either.

you'd be wondering why Scholes is willing to come out and say we need up to 6 new players, yet at the same time Giggs was saying a few weeks back the squad is there and it doesn need major work, along the lines of what Sir Bobby was saying.

it would really make you worry about the mentality that exists behind the scences at Old Trafford - our players and staff think they are better than they are.

Fair point .

im just hoping LVG sees it aint so pretty and Woodward and co back him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Well Bangkok, you have some tough questions to answer here, or not.

Anyways, as long as you don't get swept away like a hysterical teenager the transfer window will be fine, just don't believe the hype.

We know players will be coming in this summer, we know players will be leaving. Unless there is something concrete there is really no point and no need to get your knickers in a twist. Journos will spread rumours, papers will do whatever they can to sell and ITK's will be twats

Use your brain and relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    So what date do we expect Kroos new contract at Bayern to be announced? Could get a pool going?

Can still get in on this by the way lads, not an official contract announced yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,474 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

irishfeen wrote: »
    I think this one is easy enough to explain and isn't actually United/Woodward's fault at all, here's the way it probably went;

- United are in bad need of strength and depth in midfield, Kroos agent/maybe himself take major notice.

- Kroos sounds out Bayern (want him to stay but not at all cost), Kroos reps leak to United that a deal "might" be possible even though he has no intension of leaving and wants better deal at Bayern.... Saga drags on with British press presuming deal is "close".

- United with LVG's agreement (thinking all might be set) offer an amount (20-30 million) and Bayern hold back from saying anything. (Wen night).

- Bayern informs Kroos that the club won't be held to ransomed and inform him they are more then willing to agree a fee with United and make an example of him.

- Kroos/agent panics and agrees he will stay at Bayern.

- United/Woodward/LVG informed by Bayern/Kroos (Woodward must have been going absolutely mad) and feed the media stories that we were never interested as LVG as he has his own plans to save face.

... It seems to have gone the exact same route as Cesc last year and IMO is not the fault of United or Bayern - Kroos tried to think he had hold over Bayern and they didn't blink (were well prepared to let him off and make an example of him), so fair fcuks to them.

Now, onwards and upwards...

Saying Lvg want interested was a smart move. Kroos thought he could use united like so many other players have done recently. Thankfully united read the signs and got out of town and saved face before it became another cesc type.saga.

Glazers Out!

Can still get in on this by the way lads, not an official contract announced yet

well seems like I got the LVG date and time spot on im going go crazy and say never .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Well Bangkok, you have some tough questions to answer here, or not.

Anyways, as long as you don't get swept away like a hysterical teenager the transfer window will be fine, just don't believe the hype.

We know players will be coming in this summer, we know players will be leaving. Unless there is something concrete there is really no point and no need to get your knickers in a twist. Journos will spread rumours, papers will do whatever they can to sell and ITK's will be twats

Use your brain and relax

Trial by boardsies

Commodus.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

next tuesday

• Advertisement

Well Bayern announced yesterday that they weren't offering him better terms so it could go on for the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Personally, I'm not that worried; I'm not expecting much till after the WC, simply because it's in clubs best interests to wait and see how people do at the competition before they sell them.

It was in United's best interests to have all deals done and ready to go at this stage, and considering the state of the team the club should have been working with that aim since last year.

If yet again we are only starting to arrange deals now then as far as I am concerned its gross incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

nullzero wrote: »
    Saying Lvg want interested was a smart move. Kroos thought he could use united like so many other players have done recently. Thankfully united read the signs and got out of town and saved face before it became another cesc type.saga.
    To be honest I think it was Bayern who read the signs from start to finish and when Kroos repented and announced he was saying they informed United almost immediately because they are a very decent club and on friendly relations with United - they were decent enough for United to save face, they could easily have majorly embarrassed Woodward/the club again.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Skysports saying we want McCarthy and were willing to swap Cleverly. Sorry can't link on my phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Bébé tearing it up in Portugal. Scored a peach of a free kick yesterday. Bring him home! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

fitze69 wrote: »
    Skysports saying we want McCarthy and were willing to swap Cleverly. Sorry can't link on my phone

That would be a great swap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

fitze69 wrote: »
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9322553/transfer-news-manchester-united-interested-in-everton-midfielder-james-mccarthy
    dafuq

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It was in United's best interests to have all deals done and ready to go at this stage, and considering the state of the team the club should have been working with that aim since last year.

If yet again we are only starting to arrange deals now then as far as I am concerned its gross incompetence.

The reality is that a new manager coming in, especially one who is as hard-headed as LVG, will want to have their own set of targets and the likes. Strikes me there are targets we've been after for a while (Shaw, Kroos, even Fabregas started last summer), but the reality is we weren't going to be able to get deals done THAT quickly, especially in a World Cup year.

Again, personal opinion, I don't believe we're back at square one; if the Kroos deal is dead, that's one deal, and it's finished quite quickly this summer. I've no doubt that there are plenty of other deals and transfers being worked on right now, some of which carried over from the Moyes regime, and some which didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'll say after the World Cup, 25th of July.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement