Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Makes sense.

Sure we only praise De Gea, Mata, Kagawa and Hernandez because we're all gay for them.

To be fair, it's an inherent human trait to value unknown quantities higher than known ones. You'd be better off comparing the McCarthy reaction to the Herrera reaction than bringing in players everyone has seen every week.

There was undeniably an enormous element of this at play amongst people arguing against signing Baines last summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

o.k. but you might find this a bit overly ambitious........

WORLD CLASS

INJURED
    INJURED
    INJURED
    INJURED

INJURED
    INJURED
    ---INJURED
    INJURED--

INJURED

INJURED

:pac:

big season ahead for DeGea :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

big season ahead for DeGea :P

Best keeper in PL by far. Easily a world class keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

keane2097 wrote: »
    To be fair, it's an inherent human trait to value unknown quantities higher than known ones. You'd be better off comparing the McCarthy reaction to the Herrera reaction than bringing in players everyone has seen every week.

There was undeniably an enormous element of this at play amongst people arguing against signing Baines last summer.

Oh I know man, I was just using the quote to highlight how absolutely ridiculous that Jane82 troll was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Tancredi Palmeri(I know...) on Fabregas:

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 14m
    #Fabregas -1 As said two weeks ago, Fabregas people already had few contacts with Manchester United, whom wasn't turned down by Fabregas

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 13m
    #Fabregas -2 while last year Mufc was immediately rejected.Fabregas has accepted the idea to leave Barcelona.But,still absolutely no bid has

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 11m
    #Fabregas -3 been made by Mufc:cause usually the bid is only the last step,made when clubs are sure that player won't reject.And actually

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 10m
    #Fabregas -4 Cesc has made aware Mufc that,in spite of not turning down them,still - in case of moving - his priority will be Arsenal. But

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 9m
    #Fabregas -5 the problem is that so far Arsenal haven't made any tiny step,nor with player nor with club,absolutely nothing.So the situation

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 7m
    #Fabregas -End is in stand-by.Fabregas waiting for Arsenal;Mufc waiting for Fabregas;Barcelona waiting for evaluating a proper bid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Oh I know man, I was just using the quote to highlight how absolutely ridiculous that Jane82 troll was.

Ha, oh yeah - I forgot about him! That was pretty funny tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

shrewdness wrote: »
    Tancredi Palmeri(I know...) on Fabregas:

Then why post it? :confused:

Then why post it? :confused:

I just seen it and posted in case it interested anyone, scroll on past it by all means. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I just seen it and posted in case it interested anyone, scroll on past it by all means. :rolleyes:

This thread would be a lot more interesting if it weren't full to the gills of people posting bull**** that they already know is bull****. Next time just tell us what some guy in the pub said and be done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Ah I'm not having a go or anything, I just don't understand why people wanna post stuff they know is more than likely bull****. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

bullvine wrote: »
    What about jordy classie?

Not classie enough

Ah I'm not having a go or anything, I just don't understand why people wanna post stuff they know is more than likely bull****. Sorry.

He may be a spoofer normally but even the supposed reliable journalists have contradicted themselves recently, just thought it was interesting about Fabregas. We may as well not post any links in here unless it's from the BBC in that case seeing as we can't believe anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Irish94 wrote: »

Vermijl - I forgot he existed. I wonder will we see him filling in at right back. :pac:

Macheda's time at United finally comes to an end - free transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Chelsea sell Luiz for big cash, united dither and end up losing shaw to Chelsea who buy shaw with the Luiz cash so evra gets an extension.....odds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Chelsea sell Luiz for big cash, united dither and end up losing shaw to Chelsea who buy shaw with the Luiz cash so evra gets an extension.....odds?

Scary...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Evra extends his contact 1 more year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

ManUtd: We can confirm that Patrice Evra has extended his contract at #mufc for another year. http://t.co/ZBPsfXL52L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Mars Bar wrote: »
    ManUtd: We can confirm that Patrice Evra has extended his contract at #mufc for another year. http://t.co/ZBPsfXL52L

Hopefully as back up to Shaw. I don't want to see him starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Can't say I'm happy about Evra staying on for another year. Don't think he is up to it any more. Also, if this effects our signing of a left-back I'm going to actually cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I like the idea of Evra staying, as long as we sign luke Shaw as well.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Shaw deal not gonna be done before the World Cup, Shaw quote;
    "Transfer talk is completely gone – I am here to focus on England and England only."

Would be shocked if Utd got something done before the World Cup now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Evra extends his contact 1 more year.

Ahhh!!!!!!!!

It had better not impact on the Shaw bid, I wonder would Evra staying another year affect his decision?

Bloody hope not :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Happy that Paddy is staying, would have been too many experienced players leaving at the one time.
    Hopefully he does only play a squad role and that Butters isn't promoted to no. 1 LB. Shaw would be 1st choice of all available LBs imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

God im fearing the worst with this summer deals already i dont think my heart can take been broken like last years again

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Adolescenteen

The signing of Evra shouldn't impact the Shaw deal. It just means that if we do end up signing Shaw, we'll have an experienced back-up player who can mentor him. Shaw would be first choice, no doubt.

Losing Rio, Vidic and Evra all in one year would have be mad. I am delighted he's staying, he seriously gets what the club is about and he's supposed to be a fantastic leader in the dressing room.

I much rather him as back-up than Buttner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Bit suspicious of Evra signing a contract extension. All we need now is an official line from the club of there being no value in the market...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

panic-button.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

sky88 wrote: »
    God im fearing the worst with this summer deals already i dont think my heart can take been broken like last years again

Ah Jaysus calm down. The window is not even open yet.

Bring back the days of teletext when the only info on transfer gossip page. Much calmer days.

I found out we signed Dwight Yorke on teletext

I found out we signed Andy Cole when I got home from school reading Teletext.

I came for first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mars Bar wrote: »

This time last year, nobody would have been surprised to see Evra go, or would have expected Vidic to leave. One year on, it looks like we've done things arseways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Trying to resist being pessimistic but there's a sense of déjà vu already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Konoplyanka on whether he'd leave for Man Utd or stay at Dnipro should the choice arrive: "I'd most probably stay at Dnipro.

He wants to join Liverpool. Smart move if Liverpool are still interested

keep_calm_and_trust_woodward_trucker_hat-r01ade41070c4434c84793e06e8f1ac24_v9wfy_8byvr_324.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TheTownie wrote: »
    Shaw deal not gonna be done before the World Cup, Shaw quote;
    "Transfer talk is completely gone – I am here to focus on England and England only."

Reading between the lines of that quote - "I'm planning on having a great tournament, so I can milk as much as possible from United afterwards."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Shaw is only 18,Evra staying will be great for him and the club. We have lost a lot of experience recently so Evra will be needed next year.

He could have gone like Vidic but chose to stay and fight on for the club.

panic-button.jpg

f3AF2BF.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

keep_calm_and_trust_woodward_trucker_hat-r01ade41070c4434c84793e06e8f1ac24_v9wfy_8byvr_324.jpg

91i75.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

dahat wrote: »

Fight for the club? Ha. We'll more than likely get the same pathetic and insipid displays from him again next season.

He'll talk the talk but not bother even standing up to attempt the walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Pity Macheda never worked out at United. Still, won't ever forget him for this moment. What a strike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

So Evra gives us another year of **** defending because of his PASSION.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

He's confident anyway...
    Mark Ogden on MUTV: "The Shaw deal will happen, its just a matter of time." #MUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

dahat wrote: »
    Shaw is only 18,Evra staying will be great for him and the club. We have lost a lot of experience recently so Evra will be needed next year.

Are the type of display put in by Evra in recent times really that beneficial for a new LB?

Wouldn't have thought they'd be in the role model class tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Only seen the news, can't believe he's not getting the boot! :mad:

Wait till Cleverley and Young get contract extensions doubling their wages and we let Chico and Nani go.

Twill be meltdown central of RAWK proporations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

yomtea98 wrote: »
    So Evra gives us another year of **** defending because of his PASSION.

Maybe Van Gaal will change him to a winger...with a bit of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

In fairness there has been an contract on the table for him since he played a certain amount of games this year. It was up to him himself and he probably wasn't offered a better deal anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I love when a fan of another club comes in and says something thinking they're going to get a reaction and... nothing, not a dickie bird :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

I will when he has earned it. :cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement