Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

At this stage, VG still feels the need to flirt with the club...

I just hope it's not Giggs

LVG is just teasing us, declaring his love for us without being able to officially confirm it. I said this morning I think they're waiting until after our last game and then it will be announced. LVG will the boss, Giggs will be on his staff and everybody's happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Any thoughts on when LVG will be officially announced??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

v3ttel wrote: »
    I'd be more surprised that Felipe Luis doesn't make the Brazilian squad. He's been absolutely outstanding for Ateltico for some time now, and part of a very miserly defense.
    He has had a very good season and I thought he had a good chance of getting a call up.
    He would be a good option to replace Evra and I would be happy to see him sign but Shaw seems to be who most think will join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Van gaal will use woodward like tesco online ill have him him him him him and sell those 5 useless cretins.. ill be back 3 days after world cup and i want those players delivered between 2 and 3pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

irishfeen wrote: »

I reckon press conference Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

After our last game on Sunday, possible Monday lunch time when the NYSE is open.

I really hope its van gaal his self belief astounds me he is all kinds of awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Montroseee wrote: »
    How are people still talking about Nani? I've been in Manchester many times over the last year and the general consensus with fans over there is that he's finished, this is the only place you see him being bigged up.

That is because this is the only place where informed and intelligent football discussion can be found.

• I really hope its van gaal his self belief astounds me he is all kinds of awesome
    Still waiting on SSN for this interview grrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

There are women on here?? Hold the phone, I'll stop being an d*ckhead now! :)

indeed, a few of the main posters on here are female....

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Still waiting on SSN for this interview grrrr

Ghosts tonight? Or are you allowed? ;)

Monday hopefully so! ... in all honesty what % here are fully behind his signature as Pep and Ancelotti are out of bounds? - I know when Moyes was appointed there was some major skepticism here but am I right in saying he has major support?

• Ghosts tonight? Or are you allowed? ;)
    Autotroll & Autocreep :pac:

Monday hopefully so! ... in all honesty what % here are fully behind his signature as Pep and Ancelotti are out of bounds? - I know when Moyes was appointed there was some major skepticism here but am I right in saying he has major support?

Van gaal has my full support he is awesome

LVG via BBC - "I would love the job," said the Netherlands boss, speaking at the start of a three-day Dutch World Cup training camp. "I hope that I shall be the one."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Van gaal will use woodward like tesco online ill have him him him him him and sell those 5 useless cretins.. ill be back 3 days after world cup and i want those players delivered between 2 and 3pm

And like Tesco Online instead of what he ordered he'll get 7 bags of carrots.

Van gaal has my full support he is awesome
    Mine too! - I supported Moyes to the very end but fully behind LVG now... stupidly optimistic already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wait. The "good looking players......" Post wasn't a piss take?

What is going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Only we could **** up this appointment from here on in.

I'd imagine it'll be done after Sunday's game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Didn't sound the interview, but the quotes read like someone after the job, not someone who has been given it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

adox wrote: »
    Wait. The "good looking players......" Post wasn't a piss take?

What is going on?

you missed a lot including imaginary phone calls between woodward and giggs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Robson99 wrote: »
    Flair yes. Pace and power I dont think so.

I will agree that he has a lot of ability but a lot of the time it seems his brain is a day behind where his feet are. More often cursing him for making the wrong decision than praising him for doing good

nani2x70s.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Looking forward to the end of a very poor season.

Things can only get better next year, and it shouldnt be too hard, our away form this year is comparable with the top 2, just need to recapture our Home dominance...

Read that when fans met Ed Woodward in Munich before our CL game last month he actually told them a couple of names hes hoping to sign in the summer...(Reus was one).
    I hope Ed puts his money where his mouth is and tries to sort out a good few deals before the world cup starts....

I don't agree with Woodward doing this. He shouldn't be discussing these issues with a group of fans especially with the new manager not yet appointed. Woodward had a farcically poor summer transfer period last year and needs to be very very careful in this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Looking forward to this Louis Van Gaal interview

I'm telling you, there's still someone else in the running for the job.

You can currently get 12/1 on Van Gaal not getting the job on betfair. He's 1/12 to get it.

Next closest is Mourinho at 120/1

Ancelotti is 210/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Still think there's someone in for the job. champions league final still to play. German cup final still to play......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If it's LvG, I really don't get the point of not announcing it. It's not like we'll offend the Dutch team announcing it this week and not offend them next week. And given it's the worst kept secret out there, why not just confirm it?

Not sure how I'd feel if he didn't get it now; have hyped myself up for him and his demolition job :P The Van Gaal Train has no brakes anymore.

Are sky after losing the tape or what like??

Off topic, but the amount of empty seats at the ethihad is amazing. Such a big game and all

Off topic, but the amount of empty seats at the ethihad is amazing. Such a big game and all
    Rob Hawthorne on Sky said there was traffic issues getting to the stadium so they should be filling as the match goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Anyone else think they are waiting until the end of the season because such a big deal has been made about Ryan Giggs being interim manager and announcing LVG would overshadow the (probable) end of the great man's career?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

Still think there's someone in for the job. champions league final still to play. German cup final still to play......

Jurgen Klopp?:rolleyes:

Red_Dwarf wrote: »
    Jurgen Klopp?:rolleyes:

Think i would prefer van gaal if i am honest

Think i would prefer van gaal if i am honest

im taking the piss

im taking the piss

I know that i wasnt addressing you i was just stating i would rather lvg over klopp

I know that i wasnt addressing you i was just stating i would rather lvg over klopp

i agree.... we need a manager to crack the whip in the dressing room.Too many self obsessed players in United.

LVG interview now on SSN!

• irishfeen wrote: »
    LVG interview now on SSN!
    LOL 'Stuuupid Question!!'

i agree.... we need a manager to crack the whip in the dressing room.Too many self obsessed players in United.

Fully agree maybe he can get the best out of the talent we do have at our disposal and offload the paycheck collectors

"I think I know everything [about United]" ... What do you know about Manchester United? - "Stupid Question" :) ... haha gas man, like him already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol go wan LVG

Missed it!! Damn it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just got the last minute of it any summaries it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He had the reporter apologising for being born at one stage there :pac:

Love him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Waited till 7.50, put the kid to bed, missed the ****ing thing :(

Think I could get to like LVG's attitude very quickly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Just got the last minute of it any summaries it?

made the sky sports reporter his bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can someone post up the interview if they stumble across it anywhere later please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

All I saw was him saying "whats carrington?"....bad timing I guess...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Christ he's such a thorny ba5tard :)

Now I want no one else but van Gaal to get the job.

WANT!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement