Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Who was the last player that we resigned? Was it Hughes?

Ronaldo....

#heardithere1st #itk #Bangkoksbrotoldme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

First the Kroos quote, then the Shaw quote...

Bangkok is like the Anti-Futureguy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

David Luiz deal is through.

Near enough £40 million for Mata and £50 million for Luiz.

Chelsea will be able to go on a bigger spending spree than usual this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Did PSG forget to put a dot between the 5 and the 0?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Yeah i really don't get that transfer fee. Seriously like wtf?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

David Luiz deal is through.

Last night I had no idea that David Luiz was leaving, and if you told me he was, I would have guessed Barcelona.

In less than 24 hours, PSG made a bid, had it accepted, and had the selling club announce that the deal is done subject to medical and personal terms.

Why can't we ever do a deal like that? When I read about a player United are interested in, I know it will be an agonising wait of weeks or even months before I know for sure if the player is or isn't going to sign.

Pisses me off. Lets say that was us who wanted Luiz. We would have been told about a bid a month ago by a few journalists, we would have put the bid in today at £22m, which then would have been rejected. The next month would be stories of "United to up their bid to £40m" mixed in with "United end Luiz interest", before we lodge another bid of £42.3m which gets accepted, then we would fly Sideshow Bob in on a helicopter for a medical, all the while paranoid that another club will poach the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Haha Guardian reporting that Shaw considering options after United deal stalls ... All you can do is laugh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

mewe wrote: »
    Yeah i really don't get that transfer fee. Seriously like wtf?!?!

Yeah cause he's only worth 5 million. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Johner wrote: »

Closer to 5 than 50 :P

Johner wrote: »
    You think he is 50 million then I take it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Closer to 5 than 50 :P

Not according to PSG, so thats all that counts. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

irishfeen wrote: »
    Haha Guardian reporting that Shaw considering options after United deal stalls ... All you can do is laugh...

not at all laughing after the PSG bid for Luiz :(:mad: is I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

No I don't, but you don't think he's worth 5 million either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Id day 25, pretty much what we paid for him. Considering Barca wanted him it forced themselves and PSG to start a bidding war and we're the victors :)

user2011 wrote: »
    not at all laughing after the PSG bid for Luiz :(:mad: is I am.
    If not laugh then cry .... It just gets worse and worse.

Roomers flying around twitter that the Evra deal has caused problems with Shaw who will only join if he is in first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

astradave wrote: »
    First the Kroos quote, then the Shaw quote...

Bangkok is like the Anti-Futureguy

Just in the door...

What Shaw quote............... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Roomers flying around twitter that the Evra deal has caused problems with Shaw who will only join if he is in first team.

He can piss off if that's true. No player should ever be guaranteed a starting place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Id day 25, pretty much what we paid for him. Considering Barca wanted him it forced themselves and PSG to start a bidding war and we're the victors :)

Was just going too text ya for your opinion! Saves me me 8cent.

• Advertisement

It's an easy story to write and will no doubt be jumped on by everyone who want to always believe the worst stories possible....

If not laugh then cry .... It just gets worse and worse.

I'm fearing that now, thought the Shaw deal would be wrapped up by before the WC starts.

If this window is f**ked up, United are going to be so far behind it is unreal.

He can piss off if that's true. No player should ever be guaranteed a starting place.
    With the Luis deal today and him reportedly being a Chelsea fan you might be right and he'll "piss off" to another PL team..

If this window is f**ked up, United are going to be so far behind it is unreal.

I totally agree here.

However, I'm confident this window won't be disaster. I think LVG will attract couple of big names.

Without CL football is a hindrance I think it's not going to be main reason if we have bad window.

I think it's early days. If we are in deep ****e come late July onwards I be worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just in the door...

What Shaw quote............... :confused:

Quote:
    "Transfer talk is completely gone – I am here to focus on England and England only."

Papers jumping on that quote saying that talks have stalled now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Howard Nurse a bit behind schedule :pac:

Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse 57s
    Suggestions that Patrice Evra may agree to extend #mufc contract are growing but no official word yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,605 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Van gaal could get the current squad challenging for the top hes that good nevermind new additions, we have got an a list manager.. chill. We will sign some players dont worry..

I totally agree here.

However, I'm confident this window won't be disaster. I think LVG will attract couple of big names.

Without CL football is a hindrance I think it's not going to be main reason if we have bad window.

I think it's early days. If we are in deep ****e come late July onwards I be worried.

You asked the question about signings, I really thought there would be 1 but was hoping for 2 before the WC started the 1 I thought was going to be Shaw, more so since the bid the day after the season ended and to be seeing it go on like this got me fearful.

The PSG stuff has me running into panic mode :mad: now it just smells of a recipe for disaster. :(

You asked the question about signings, I really thought there would be 1 but was hoping for 2 before the WC started the 1 I thought was going to be Shaw, more so since the bid the day after the season ended and to be seeing it go on like this got me fearful.

The PSG stuff has me running into panic mode :mad: now it just smells of a recipe for disaster. :(

I must be honest I thought we would see Devlopment in Shaw deal during week.

Disappointing. Even Shaw signing would have eased few nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If Uefa gave a **** and done anything the right way they would look at what PSG have done since the fine and ban.

There owner more or less comes out publicly and says well we dont give a care u if u fine us we will spend what we want. They then go out and pay double or more for a player without any pause or hassle.

What if they go and make a similar stupidly over the top bid for another player do Uefa just ignore that as well??

Not only is it showing rules mean nothing but its clearly unfair to other teams all over the world.

Its like using cheat codes in Football manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Did Hodgson not say while players are with the England team there will be no contact re agents/transfers etc? I think they are back this weekend from the training camp so maybe we will hear something in the next few days

I must be honest I thought we would see Devlopment in Shaw deal during week.

Disappointing. Even Shaw signing would have eased few nerves.

I'm getting in Stan's mode from now on, my thoughts have been blown away in like a couple of hours. So see how things pan out now and be hoping for the best.

But the pissed off mode will last for a while yet.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Probably untrue as usual with Twitter, but........ He can piss right off if an 18 year old thinks he can demand first team football at Manchester United...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The mirror said City might be interested in Fabregas because he's homegrown, is he counted as one of them?

Homegrown, Yes he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kroos deal falls apart or pulled out of, shaw deal going belly up? Continuing the farce of last summer, brill. Fabregas the number 1 target again? What could possibly go wrong.

Bunch of freaking morons running united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I still think one of the major issues with this club is where to slow when it comes to transfer deals. You see the likes of Real Madrid Barca Bayern even Chelsea and City if they have targets they normally dont piss around with them.

I dunno what we where at last summer but god i hope this one is different.

Its very early days yet but it looks like the world cup for more then one reason is gonna hold up everything we do this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Kroos deal falls apart or pulled out of, shaw deal going belly up? Continuing the farce of last summer, brill. Fabregas the number 1 target again? What could possibly go wrong.

It could've been worse, Moyes could be manager. :pac:

over-the-top-eye-roll-o.gif

I really can't take another summer of this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Don't pull the trigger just yet. Let's wait until the summer is over before we start crying and flapping our hands around the place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if we started next season with the same team as we finished the last one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Evra extension is a bad omen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

If that report is true, then I'd have to agree with you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I thought Evra was guaranteed an extension if he played a certain number of games and he chose to take it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

There's a shed load of negativity here already, and it;s not even June ffs....

Patience people, patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Deja vu.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You know, it wouldn't surprise me if we started next season with the same team as we finished the last one.

It would utterly shock me tbh.

Everything coming out of the club, from top to bottom level, is the plan is to bring in multiple players this summer. Everything points to The Glaziers knowing investment is nessecary, to Woodward knowing he has to prove himself, and to LVG wanting to reshape the team and create a new foundation.

One deal has fallen through. One. One which, btw, the journalists have spent 48 hours contradicting themselves over in a hilarious way. And because one deal hasn't gone the way people wanted, well that's us utterly ****ed, isn't it.

Kroos would have been phenomenal, but we knew it was a long shot. In fact, the angriest people were the ones saying for weeks "Oh lads, don't get your hopes up", yet seem to be the most shocked and outraged at it, as if they were more surprised than the people they were warning.

Seriously lads, rather than focusing on one problem, focus on every other line of dialogue coming out of the United camp; we have the ambition this summer, we have set targets. As has been said, it wasn't going to be easy thanks to the situation Moyes landed us in last season, it wasn't going to be quick thanks to the WC (Unless you wanted to do a PSG and pay double a player's worth). But try not to open the news paper, pick out one sentence that is negative and ignore the rest of the positive completely.

Its crazy to be going this negative this quickly when 99% of the signs point to a good summer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mitch has right countless summer transfer windows thou

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

This is like a bad dream. Two days ago we heard that Kroos was signing for 20 million, Shaw was a done deal, and more transfers were likely.

Instead we have Anderson back and a contract extension for Evra.

Early days though, still hopeful that this will all work out by the end of the summer.

Anyone up for reviving Mikey's Winnie the Pooh inspired happiness rating system?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Leaving 'world class' aside, who is out there that is actually gettable and would improve the first team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

I still think one of the major issues with this club is where to slow when it comes to transfer deals. You see the likes of Real Madrid Barca Bayern even Chelsea and City if they have targets they normally dont piss around with them.

I dunno what we where at last summer but god i hope this one is different.

Its very early days yet but it looks like the world cup for more then one reason is gonna hold up everything we do this summer.

Chelsea are unreal at it. Even when selling players they are class at it as seen today. More often than not the rumour and confirmation of an accepted bid comes out on the same day. Sometimes theres not even a rumour its just "Chelsea have had a bit accepted for ........"

Only player I can recall Utd agreeing terms quickly in recent times Mata and Chelsea involved again. Whoever deals with Chelsea's transfers knows how to do business.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement