Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

If Van Gaal wants to sell Mata then he should be allowed to sell him. We've entrusted this new manager to bring us back to the top after a year of complete and utter disarray. He is the man now, let him implement his system. Obviously it would be sad to see a world class player like Mata leave (I personally think he'll stay) but the decision is and should be Van Gaal's alone from now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

K4t wrote: »
    If Van Gaal wants to sell Mata then he should be allowed to sell him. We've entrusted this new manager to bring us back to the top after a year of complete and utter disarray. He is the man now, let him implement his system. Obviously it would be sad to see a world class player like Mata leave (I personally think he'll stay) but the decision is and should be Van Gaal's alone from now.

What would be the sense in selling him though ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The Express also said we had a £20m bid accepted for Toni Kroos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Three months ago I was told by a person who I have fate in. I believe in him so much that I went out on a Lomb and said it herre. 3 deals done.
    Kroos and shaw were part of it. Thing is, new man in charge and all targets will change. Don't be surprised if shaw is ruled out.
    The man has a plan. I don't have the footy know how to guess his moves.
    I was killed for my faith in moyes. Oh well. I will back the new man no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Three months ago I was told by a person who I have fate in. I believe in him so much that I went out on a Lomb and said it herre. 3 deals done.
    Kroos and shaw were part of it. Thing is, new man in charge and all targets will change. Don't be surprised if shaw is ruled out.
    The man has a plan. I don't have the footy know how to guess his moves.
    I was killed for my faith in moyes. Oh well. I will back the new man no matter what.
    A deal is not done if a new manager can still say no. A deal is only done when the contract is signed and the player tells the official website what a dream it is to play for the team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Redbaron, didn't you having faith in Moyes prove to be horrendously misplaced?

Wouldn't it be fair to just say you'll never really say anything negative, and will just always back the manager & club regardless of what they do and whether or not it's justified?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Redbaron, didn't you having faith in Moyes prove to be horrendously misplaced?

Wouldn't it be fair to just say you'll never really say anything negative, and will just always back the manager & club regardless of what they do and whether or not it's justified?

Yes. Horribly I backed him until the end. I blame the players more than him. I back the new man. If it goes bad in the first few months I will fight for him. Kill me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

zerks wrote: »
    Express Football @ExpressFootball
    Follow

:(
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Why is it that if a paper like the Daily express says;

a) Kroos deal done - 'Ah nevermind that, its only the express, it can't be true'

b) Mata done deal to Barca - 'Ah fúck this, United are terrible, we are the worst club in the world for transfers etc.'

It baffles me, why people here refuse to believe positive news but are willing to accept the negative news with open arms (As Mikey pointed out to a certain extent).

Not blaming you Zerks or anything, just merely using your post as an example.

Mata will not be sold.

Yes. Horribly I backed him until the end. I blame the players more than him. I back the new man. If it goes bad in the first few months I will fight for him. Kill me

And I will never apologise for standing by moyes. I will not apologise standing by van gaal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Irish94 wrote: »
    Why is it that if a paper like the Daily express says;

a) Kroos deal done - 'Ah nevermind that, its only the express, it can't be true'

b) Mata done deal to Barca - 'Ah fúck this, United are terrible, we are the worst club in the world for transfers etc.'

It baffles me, why people here refuse to believe positive news but are willing to accept the negative news with open arms (As Mikey pointed out to a certain extent).

Not blaming you Zerks or anything, just merely using your post as an example.

Mata will not be sold.

I think its got to the stage over the years when it comes to how the club has dealt with transfers were more likely to believe the bad stuff then the good stuff weather any of it is true or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

As a rule of thumb this summer I'm not going to pay any notice to rumours unless mentioned by sky sports or BBC. Honestlty, some of the crap spouted at this time of the year. Mata won't be sold, possibly ever. If any of our attacking players are going it's Shinji and/or Chicharito.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

If we sell Mata, my love of football will be extinguished. We live by the Mata, we die by the Mata!

He's the hero Manchester United deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. The dark Juan.

n_valencia_juan_mata-36482.jpg

And that is not the booze talking. Okay, it may be the booze talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Don't think its been mentioned here yet but Skybet have suspended betting on Shaw and said on twitter that a deal has been agreed in principal with a club but aren't saying who. I'll email United to organise a fist fight with Ed Woodward if its Chelsea.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

6 days Van Gaal has had since announced, and already a core group seems to have lost all faith in him, based on nothing more than bs stories and the fact his targets obviously aren't lining up with the ones the journalists set out.

I am shuddering to think what will happen the first game we lose...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

Personally guys, i would rather we went for

This is my realistic list

Rodriguez (left back at Wolfsburg) 15 million

Not as good defensively as Shaw but 15 million less and much better going forward and thats what we need in the
    Van Gaal system. His goals and assists have propelled him into one of the best attacking fullbacks in Germany.

Hummels (dream scenario) 30 million

A mix of ferdinand and Vidic - is liable to a mistake but top quality.

Big fear is that we will cheap out and buy Vertongan at Spurs to plays as either a CB or back up LB

Carvalho 30 million

This boy is special, aggressive, powerful, good passing - he can run at players as Anderson could do but unlike Anderson remember to run back and not leave us exposed. His pace and power are suited to the PL but if i had to take a punt on the long term, id pay the big bucks for Carvalho over Shaw.

Koke 25 million - 30 million

He has run out of steam slightly but last night was another example of what he, can do - a player who can play in cm. Who embraces the ball, wants the ball and has the ability and confidence to play in the tight spaces. Great set piece delivery and would thrive with the attacking options playing in front of him

105 million - give or take with a team

De Gea

Rafael Hummels Jones/Evans Rodriguez

Carvalho Koke

Mata

Rooney/Wellback Kagawa/ Januzaj

Van Persie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I said already LVG may cast aside a player we didnt expect so it wouldnt surprise me if he tells Mata, like Riquelme, you're not in my plans.

We have too many no10s and people are desperately hoping he'll convert one of them to a different position. Maybe he has no intention of doing that.

Utd should be buying before they sell any high profile players anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

It would be quite a statement if LVG wanted both Mata and Fellaini out, completely de-Moyesifying the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I dont there will be any big name players leaving in the summer that we didn't already expect. There's just too many changes as it is, with players already leaving/retiring and of course the midfield.

That's not to say the likes of Mata/Rooney etc won't be moved on in the future, be it January or next summer but I just can't see Van Gaal shipping one of them out straight away when there is big work to be done on the squad as it is.

I just saw Nigel de Jong doing an interview on TV.

Got me thinking that he would instantly improve the United team, has a good relationship with Van Gaal and wouldn't cost the earth to buy.

Anyone agree?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

adox wrote: »
    I dont there will be any big name players leaving in the summer that we didn't already expect. There's just too many changes as it is, with players already leaving/retiring and of course the midfield.

That's not to say the likes of Mata/Rooney etc won't be moved on in the future, be it January or next summer but I just can't see Van Gaal shipping one of them out straight away when there is big work to be done on the squad as it is.

Also he would probably want to work with them first to see what he can get from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I just saw Nigel de Jong doing an interview on TV.

Got me thinking that he would instantly improve the United team, has a good relationship with Van Gaal and wouldn't cost the earth to buy.

Anyone agree?

Wouldn't agree he's getting on and there are players in his mould that could be signed with a lot more potential to be positive with the ball. We might as well sign Gareth Barry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I would be open to Barry actually, not as a priority, but wouldnt turn him down

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beno619 wrote: »
    Wouldn't agree he's getting on and there are players in his mould that could be signed with a lot more potential to be positive with the ball. We might as well sign Gareth Barry.

Could you not just mention Nani if you are going to place a time bomb in the thread?
    kryogen wrote: »
    I would be open to Barry actually, not as a priority, but wouldnt turn him down

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would rate de Jong higher than Barry tbh, think he is faster and has more energy than Barry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Would rate de Jong higher than Barry tbh, think he is faster and has more energy than Barry

Couldn't disagree much more strongly about who I would prefer to see in the squad :)

Obviously I'd like to see a world class midfielder at his peak come in, but we've been waiting years for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So today's midfielder linked with us is Schweinsteiger for £32 million.........lol.

Don't think its been mentioned here yet but Skybet have suspended betting on Shaw and said on twitter that a deal has been agreed in principal with a club but aren't saying who. I'll email United to organise a fist fight with Ed Woodward if its Chelsea.

I posted it last night.Better not be another case of a done deal going elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,471 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

So today's midfielder linked with us is Schweinsteiger for £32 million.........lol.

I hope he gets his united interest relayed pay rise.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Just who is. Van Gaal actually interested in anyway? We seem to be distancing ourselves from all our targets as it becomes appearant that they have no interest in joining us.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

nullzero wrote: »
    Just who is. Van Gaal actually interested in anyway? We seem to be distancing ourselves from all our targets as it becomes appearant that they have no interest in joining us.

Dont think many know.

Guess work for most

°°°°°

Dont think many know.

Guess work for most

If there is any truth in that Mata to Barca rumours then you'd have to start asking questions as to what Van Gaal is actually planning to do at the club.

Glazers Out!

Some good news,Galatasary are sniffing around for Cleverley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

See all our reported targets excluding Shaw have been the fantasies of journalists. It is the journalists who have linked us with these targets and it's them who are distancing us.

So United aren't the ones doing anything. You need to seperate these two things in your head and you realise it's only the Shaw deal with any truth at the moment.

Mundo Deportivo are saying that Barca will make a move for Herrera if Fabergas leaves.

We really are like the Jewish Kid at Christmas watching everybody else get the nice things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If there is any truth in that Mata to Barca rumours then you'd have to start asking questions as to what Van Gaal is actually planning to do at the club.

Or you could just hold off on doing that until there is even a shred of evidence that it is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not that I believe there's anything in the Mata story but what would people think of Mata going out and Fabregas coming the other way?

Don't know I can't see Mata leaving so soon.

Maybe next season if things are same but not now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Didn't van gaal say it would take 2 years to get things turned around .
    So 4 transfer Windows at least .
    I just hope he doesn't take a holiday after the WC .
    Anyone know who the 4 players moyes was working on signing pre sacking .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Gatling wrote: »
    Didn't van gaal say it would take 2 years to get things turned around .
    So 4 transfer Windows at least .
    I just hope he doesn't take a holiday after the WC .
    Anyone know who the 4 players moyes was working on signing pre sacking .

I'm guessing shaw and carvalho are 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Kew do you have that list of linked players completed yet or are you struggling to keep up to the pace? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

irishfeen wrote: »
    Kew do you have that list of linked players completed yet or are you struggling to keep up to the pace? :)

We've sold the first team at this stage and bought Bayern Munich + Our U21's

I did think we would wrap up Shaw by now.

Reading in between the lines but it may be a shut door, but that's just a guess or my hunch.

I will say it again. People will need to have patience.

People who expect title challenges and for us suddenly to hit the magic switch are in for a rude awakening.

We will at the very best get 2 top quality names, if we are get rub of green.

I do think my August you will see people moaning and with expectations that you only see on FM.

It will take at least 2 summers (maybe more) to fix this little mess of ours.

irishfeen wrote: »

I don't have my laptop on me but hope get it off mate later.

If I do I will throw it up.

LVG will arrive at Manchester Airport after the World Cup and shout "I come bearing gifts"!!! Then a plethora of star players will emerge from the plane behind him.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

LVG will arrive at Manchester Airport after the World Cup and shout "I come bearing gifts"!!! Then a plethora of star players the dutch national team will emerge from the plane behind him.:pac:

Fixed it for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I don't have my laptop on me but hope get it off mate later.

If I do I will throw it up.
    Ha jaysus by the time you get the laptop back it will probably take the day to add the names of the last 12 hours :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I don't think I've seen Fabregas play as well for Barca as he did Arsenal. Very few times anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Not that I believe there's anything in the Mata story but what would people think of Mata going out and Fabregas coming the other way?

Fabregas would be a great swap for United. Mata is a world class player, no doubt about it but if you take him out of the team, someone else can slot in and do a similar job. Fabregas is EXACTLY what United need right now, would slot straight into central midfield and completely change the dynamic of the team.

If I was a United fan, I would love that swap deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement