Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyone here ever went on a United summer tour over the summer?

Thinking about going to few United games as I will have time off in July.

I know family went last year but they got 5 star treatment that I sure as hell won't be doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anyone here ever went on a United summer tour over the summer?

Thinking about going to few United games as I will have time off in July.

I know family went last year but they got 5 star treatment that I sure as hell won't be doing.

I've my ticket bought for the L.A. Galaxy game. Hopefully I'll be able to make it but I have insurance on it so I can refund it if I can't. I'll meet ya for a pint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Save your money and go see them in the league instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've my ticket bought for the L.A. Galaxy game. Hopefully I'll be able to make it but I have insurance on it so I can refund it if I can't. I'll meet ya for a pint!

Good stuff.

Just myself and another lad got brain wave last night.

Will look into it that's for sure.

Hope to go to few more games next season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

It seems like we're lining up the Bayern starting XI and saying; "You wanna come? Nope.. You? Nope.. Arjen? Nope.. Bastian, come on you're up?"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Thecon21 wrote: »
    It seems like we're lining up the Bayern starting XI and saying; "You wanna come? Nope.. You? Nope.. Arjen? Nope.. Bastian, come on you're up?"

One will have to stick eventually :)
    Shaqiri possibly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

One will have to stick eventually :)
    Shaqiri possibly?

He would be a great signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Thecon21 wrote: »

We took the same approach last season with the Everton team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Fabregas would be a great swap for United. Mata is a world class player, no doubt about it but if you take him out of the team, someone else can slot in and do a similar job. Fabregas is EXACTLY what United need right now, would slot straight into central midfield and completely change the dynamic of the team.

If I was a United fan, I would love that swap deal.

Rumours of Song from Barcelona seems to have disappeared.
    Again, a player who would instantly improve the first 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A tweet was floating about saying Mata & DDG have made the squad going to Brazil.

Speaking of tweets,there's another saying that Vidal's agents are in Manchester to get a deal done.................I reckon it'll be to City rather than us.

• Advertisement

He would be a great signing.

Definitely, he would improve every premier league team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

zerks wrote: »
    A tweet was floating about saying Mata & DDG have made the squad going to Brazil.

Speaking of tweets,there's another saying that Vidal's agents are in Manchester to get a deal done.................I reckon it'll be to City rather than us.

Who tweeted the vidal one. didn't conte say he would remain there next season

Who tweeted the vidal one. didn't conte say he would remain there next season

@_OfficialAgent_
    Follow
    World Exclusive: #Vidal officials in Manchester today. Confirmed. #vanGaal #MUFC #Juve

Big pinch of salt needed imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Pig pinch of salt" my ass......Need a truck load when dealing with "offical agent" accounts, since they are literally just making it up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That guy tweets a pile of ****e, ignore.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    That guy tweets a pile of ****e, ignore.

Any crumb of comfort at this stage,a Summer like last year will break our hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

TBH I think there is a lot of bulls**t being leaked saying we have 150-200million to spend. Our squad is quiet large and those surplus to requirements will not generate a lot of cash for us. I cannot see anymore than 100million being spent

Evra staying for another year is worrying sign. Buttner and Evans are adequate cover for Shaw IF he was coming. Also it would have been a statement of intent if the Shaw deal was wrapped up last week. Instead it is lingering and Chelsea now have 50mil to spend.

We need a big name player signed very quickly to get the ball rolling starting with a centre half. Waiting till after the world cup is over is playing with fire and will come back to haunt us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Irish94 wrote: »
    It baffles me, why people here refuse to believe positive news but are willing to accept the negative news with open arms (As Mikey pointed out to a certain extent).

the exact opposite of this is actually true in most cases, the majority of posters on here only believe the positive stuff, which is why this place gets obsessed with transfer talk

when it comes to United, the reality is that off the pitch the majority that of the stories that end up coming through are the negative ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I take no notice of the stories be they positive or negative . It just annoys me to see people going into hissy fits and blaming and often abusing people at the club based on a rumour they heard from some journo with a Twitter account.

I take no notice of the stories be they positive or negative . It just annoys me to see people going into hissy fits and blaming and often abusing people at the club based on a rumour they heard from some journo with a Twitter account.

This for me. I take the good and the bad and question them both.

The problem is that I often find that those who want to push the bad news do so in a massively OTT way and shout the loudest, so of course they get the loudest, most OTT reactions back.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

@_OfficialAgent_
    Follow

You really should know better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Official Agent, for God sake.

And this is his Twitter pic...

87Yvr6oW_400x400.png

Come on!

/Gob Bluth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

@_OfficialAgent_
    Follow

Pinch of Salt my hole - a mountain more like.

large-salt-pile-792875.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Official Agent is complete bull****. In fact, there's enough of us here that I can guarantee we could start our own rumour and have it spread the world over.

All you need is a few accounts, all retweet the same story with a similar hashtag and then watch as it turns in to chaos.

If it's not being reported by @BBC ignore it completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,397 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was told in January that Vidal was a target for United, and that United were surprised at how open Juve and Vidal were. Have also heard, utterly seperate to twitter stuff, that Van Gaal likes and wants Vidal. Whether that materialises in a bid I don't know.

I had thought Shaw and Kroos were going to happen, and that Fabregas was a target - seemingly Kroos and Fabregas are no-goes now, so really I have no idea what United are actually trying to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Official Agent is complete bull****. In fact, there's enough of us here that I can guarantee we could start our own rumour and have it spread the world over.

All you need is a few accounts, all retweet the same story with a similar hashtag and then watch as it turns in to chaos.

Haha a few of us on twitter should actually start a rumours and see if apes like Offcial Agent pick it up and then call them out on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It's hilarious, i looked over his timeline there and he's saying he was in the dressing room after the Champions League final with the Real Madrid team and Sir Alex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Was told in January that Vidal was a target for United, and that United were surprised at how open Juve and Vidal were. Have also heard, utterly seperate to twitter stuff, that Van Gaal likes and wants Vidal. Whether that materialises in a bid I don't know.

I had thought Shaw and Kroos were going to happen, and that Fabregas was a target - seemingly Kroos and Fabregas are no-goes now, so really I have no idea what United are actually trying to do now.

With all due respect you never did have any idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

6 days Van Gaal has had since announced, and already a core group seems to have lost all faith in him, based on nothing more than bs stories and the fact his targets obviously aren't lining up with the ones the journalists set out.

I am shuddering to think what will happen the first game we lose...

Ehh... No?

Who has said anything about Van Gaal? I thought most were extremely happy with him.

It's the way our transfer business is apparently being conducted, with striking similarities to last summer when we also had a new manager, that has some people worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The Official Agent guy is a brilliant account to hear all the rumours first. But thats all it is. You get all the fairytales first before you read them in the Daily Mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Looks like Welbeck is happy to stay now that LvG is in charge, he made very positive comments about the appointment.
    "I am happy. He is a great man, a great manager. Looking at his CV tells you he has managed at some big clubs."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,397 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

GSPfan wrote: »
    With all due respect you never did have any idea.

yeah, you're probably right. United were never in for Kroos, Carvalho or Shaw like I thought and had been told. Clearly there is likely to be no interest in Strootman either, as I have said and been told.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Ehh... No?

Who has said anything about Van Gaal? I thought most were extremely happy with him.

It's the way our transfer business is apparently being conducted, with striking similarities to last summer when we also had a new manager, that has some people worried.

Well one person already implied because he didn't want Kroos or Fab, he was obviously quite happy to neglect our midfield situation for another summer. If Mata goes, it will be because LVG wanted him gone, not because of Woodward or the staff.

And 99% of the stories are running with the angle that the problem isn't with Woodward and friends, but with the fact LVG didn't want Kroos (who apparently had a deal 99& agreed under Moyes) or Fabregas.

By all accounts, the deals that are falling through are because LVG doesn't want them or because the players don't want to come, as opposed to last summer where we undervalued or chased unobtainable targets. So it's logical to presume that if people are already calling this transfer window a disaster or moving towards a disaster, they aren't happy with the decisions LVG is making....

Well one person already implied because he didn't want Kroos or Fab, he was obviously quite happy to neglect our midfield situation for another summer. If Mata goes, it will be because LVG wanted him gone, not because of Woodward or the staff.

And 99% of the stories are running with the angle that the problem isn't with Woodward and friends, but with the fact LVG didn't want Kroos (who apparently had a deal 99& agreed under Moyes) or Fabregas.

By all accounts, the deals that are falling through are because LVG doesn't want them or because the players don't want to come, as opposed to last summer where we undervalued or chased unobtainable targets. So it's logical to presume that if people are already calling this transfer window a disaster or moving towards a disaster, they aren't happy with the decisions LVG is making....

The people who believe all that need to log out of twitter and step away for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Rumour mr eric djemba djemba is making a big money return to shore up the midfield. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Was told in January

Translation: I read on Twitter and UWS.

I feel a rabble in the force.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Will we start a rumor tonight then so. But make sure its a player specifically not been linked to united yet. Anyone have any suggestions. Hows that Korean player that the lads on the Newcastle thread made the rumor about getting on now? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Will we start a rumor tonight then so. But make sure its a player specifically not been linked to united yet. Anyone have any suggestions. Hows that Korean player that the lads on the Newcastle thread made the rumor about getting on now? :P
    Pick a left back from Italy or Spain maybe just some random player and go with that

Let's team this thread and the Liverpool Superthread together and make up a link with one player to both teams :)

• Advertisement

Use Draxler and drag Arsenal in to the rumour mill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Pick a left back from Italy or Spain maybe just some random player and go with that
    okay i like italy
    go Italian based left back. Any suggestions. Does Zuniga play left back? Or Konko? Could go for Dominic Criscito. Does he still play for zenit?

Let's team this thread and the Liverpool Superthread together and make up a link with one player to both teams :)

Cattermole.

Use Draxler and drag Arsenal in to the rumour mill.

Nah, he is too much of a big name.

A right back is needed by all 3 clubs I think, a random Italian/Spanish/German will do :)

Hugo Mallo, right back at Celta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

We are not signing Hugo Mallo.

paulbok wrote: »
    We are not signing Hugo Mallo.

Hopefully not, I have big expectations for him at Anfield. His agent was spotted in Carras restaurant earlier anyway so there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Van der Wiel, Dutch RB for PSG. Just pick any Dutch player really and it'll stick.

Hugo Mallo, right back at Celta.

Mate at Carrington just told me United in advanced talks to sign Hugo Mallo from Celta. #MUFC

Hugo Mallo spotted at Nando's on Oxford Road in Manchester.

It's happening!!! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement