Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If Schweinsteiger was available for £10 million I don't see a problem with taking him to United,IIRC there were many here who bandied his name about last season.The guy's a proven winner with tonnes of experience and a mentality to match.
    At this stage anyone who can pass a ball forward & tackle would be welcome in the team.Anything would be better than what's here now.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Schweinsteiger is not available for £10million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

zerks wrote: »
    If Schweinsteiger was available for £10 million I don't see a problem with taking him to United,IIRC there were many here who bandied his name about last season.The guy's a proven winner with tonnes of experience and a mentality to match.
    At this stage anyone who can pass a ball forward & tackle would be welcome in the team.Anything would be better than what's here now.

Point missed completely zerks!
    Agueroooo wrote: »

Point nailed, enemy Liverpool fan.

Agueroooo wrote: »

It wouldn't matter to United,we'd wait and pay more than that.

The Express is saying that 'sources' in Portugal are stating that we'll move for Carvalho.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Point nailed, enemy Liverpool fan.

Ha ha ha!

At least he comes for a discussion and not just a cheap rise like the other pool fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

zerks wrote: »
    The Express is saying that 'sources' in Portugal are stating that we'll move for Carvalho.

Is that the same sources that said Kroos for £20m all done and dusted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

RasTa wrote: »

When in doubt: ask bangkok!

• zerks wrote: »
    BFoV4wLCYAAcCND.jpg:large

:pac: Vanilla Ice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

RasTa wrote: »

same source thats saying we're selling Mata too I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Sources.

Hate that word - "we'll make something up and say the info is from our 'sources', sure who'll know"
    And when they do get something right, people start believing that these 'sources' are reputable.

When you fling enough........ some of it will stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Sources.

Hate that word - "we'll make something up and say the info is from our 'sources', sure who'll know"
    And when they do get something right, people start believing that these 'sources' are reputable.

When you fling enough........ some of it will stick.

Don't know how many times I've to retell the story.

Friend worked in UK rag paper for two years. Football correspondents have their daily meet, where a number of absolute lies get agreed on and spat out.

Very few, and I mean VERY few journalists have REAL connections to clubs. And these are the guys that to be honest rarely speculate or put their rep on the line with transfers. Henry Winter, Balleague and Hunter spring to mind.

Don't forget a lot of clubs are organisations in themselves. Anyone who has worked in pretty much any job knows there is rumour and gossip that does the rounds. My last job was full of it, that some might come to pass, majority of it is tosh.

Football clubs are no different. As much rubbish and rumour get's spread in there then any office. Just so happens journalists are happy to pay for that particular office gossip.

Sources and close friend are the two biggest falacies for football transfer nonsense. I can assure you nobodies ****ing close friend speaks to rags about their future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've taken to completely ignoring transfer speculation for the last week or so. I've "unfollowed" all but the most reliable of journalists on Twitter. Also have paid zero attention to speculation posted here and treated everything about this mythical "list" as total bullsh*t unless it comes from BBC, etc.

I've been following F1, NBA playoffs, GAA and then we have the World Cup starting soon. So many more things to follow than people making up transfer stories only for my hopes to inevitably be dashed mercilessly. For now, I trust Van Gaal as a world class manager, will get the people he wants to make us better, sooner or later, and will not get stressed out about it.

Join me. It'll be helpful for your sanity.

According to beIN Sports France, PSG have accepted a bid of €20m for Marquinhos plus Dani Alves from Barcelona.

This Marquinhos has accumulated like €54m for his last 3 transfers, he must be something special?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

According to beIN Sports France, PSG have accepted a bid of €20m for Marquinhos plus Dani Alves from Barcelona.

This Marquinhos has accumulated like €54m for his last 3 transfers, he must be something special?

His agent is ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Hang on, are you saying Guillem Balague rarely speculates Doc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

v3ttel wrote: »
    I've taken to completely ignoring transfer speculation for the last week or so. I've "unfollowed" all but the most reliable of journalists on Twitter. Also have paid zero attention to speculation posted here and treated everything about this mythical "list" as total bullsh*t unless it comes from BBC, etc.

I've been following F1, NBA playoffs, GAA and then we have the World Cup starting soon. So many more things to follow than people making up transfer stories only for my hopes to inevitably be dashed mercilessly. For now, I trust Van Gaal as a world class manager, will get the people he wants to make us better, sooner or later, and will not get stressed out about it.

Join me. It'll be helpful for your sanity.
    i try to watch GAA but its gone very bad last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

MD1990 wrote: »
    i try to watch GAA but its gone very bad last few years.
    You obviously didn't watch yesterdays Cork/Waterford match ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

TheDoc wrote: »
    His agent is ;)

Our friend Bebe's agent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

10341503_704790266247168_7513656952836557997_n.jpg

Probably been posted before but today was my first time seeing it.

<3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

That story always seemed very ludicrous to me. Maybe maybe United have just been signing the players who didn't pass in recent seasons and that's why it all went down the swanny last season :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Nice story but surely bullshit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The guy he is hugging is apparently his brother btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Yeah could have sworn I heard Gary Neville say that Ronny was hugging his brother

You'd think his brother would have been in a big fancy box for the game though with VIP status or the like, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

That story has been doing the rounds a long time

Edit: actually think I heard it around the time of the 08 CL win

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

1999 CL final on MUTV now about 65' gone, a nice time to pick it up :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jan coming on for Belgium now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Headshot wrote: »
    Jan coming on for Belgium now

100th Youth team graduate to make his international debut.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

<3

Would be nice if true but it's not.

the guy Ronaldo is hugging is his brother Hugo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

<3

L7U

Lovely from Jan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Matt Busby would have been 105 today.

The man who made Manchester United what they are.

By the by, the story has been around a long time, the pic being of Ronnie and his brother or whoever doesn't make the story any more or less true.

It seems a little far fetched for me, but I have heard stories of pretty incredible generosity and other stuff with regard to Ronaldo, and not just him either

Please not Warrior
    Mike Keegan @mikekeeganmen
    WSJ (Wall St Journal) say #mufc looking for more than £600m for a 10-year deal. Would be a record. Nike not happy.
    Mike Keegan @mikekeeganmen
    According to WSJ, Nike are tiring of #mufc demands over new kit deal. Adidas and Warrior Sports in the running.

Let Nike back off it they want, I would be delighted for Addidas to come in. Besides that, Nike will definitely want to keep the sponsorship, it must be getting down to the real nitty gritty part now if PR is getting involved. Both parties will look to get the best deal naturally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Apparently Ronaldo was donating his CL win bonus to charity. Supposedly it's €750k (could be in £). I have no idea if that's true or not.

Oh please, please not warrior

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Kiko off to Cardiff.

Best of luck to him. Always remember that goal. Rang my bro during who was at OT for his first game, still hear the crowd over the phone and him saying: "Tom I can't hear a word you're saying, it's going mental here"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Could not care less who sponsors United as I haven't bought a jersey since I was a kid. Biggest deal possible please.

A fair deal is usually the one in which both sides go away slightly unhappy with their side of it. I'd say we're getting to this stage now in that deal.

• Advertisement

More twitter stuff
    United are expected to complete a £27m move for Southampton’s England left-back Luke Shaw after the World Cup. [Via @MOgdenTelegraph]
    Nani, Anderson, Young, Fellaini, Zaha, Cleverley and Hernández could all leave United this summer. [Via @MOgdenTelegraph]

Ill be fair pissed off if Chico goes, really really pissed off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Could not care less who sponsors United as I haven't bought a jersey since I was a kid. Biggest deal possible please.

It's really important to me. I will be looking at the players wearing the kit every week. I prefer to look at things that look good rather than things that look ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

More twitter stuff

get at least 60mill for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I would love Adidas to sponsor United even though I dont buy any gear. But i love the designs of Adidas. Warrior can fook off. Embarassing.

Maybe Nike weren't on LvG's list either???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I think Pochettino's move to Spurs clears Shaw and Lallana to leave Southampton. I'd be happy if we even chanced our arm for Lovren but I think Southampton would freak at the suggestion of Shaw and Lovren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Pro. F wrote: »
    It's really important to me. I will be looking at the players wearing the kit every week. I prefer to look at things that look good rather than things that look ugly.

Hope you didn't watch United last season so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Felexicon wrote: »
    Hope you didn't watch United last season so.

Last season's jersey was nice! The year before that however...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

http://balls.ie/football/15-years-remembering-manchester-united-treble-clinching-win/

Today was the 15 year anniversary of that night in Barcelona. I had a really good time putting the above post together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nani, Anderson, Young, Fellaini, Zaha, Cleverley and Hernández could all leave United this summer. [Via @MOgdenTelegraph]

Nani: Meh.

Anderson: About time.

Young: Good.

Fellaini: One more season for Afroman.

Zaha: Hard to see how he'll get games, loan him again maybe?

Cleverley: Thank Christ.

Chicharito:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

You'd think his brother would have been in a big fancy box for the game though with VIP status or the like, no?

Feck being in a box, down on the pitch is where it was at.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement