Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cute.

A Utd thread for Utd fans only. I've got the picture.

Yep, that's clearly what is being said alright. I applaud your comprehension skills good sir :D

As an aside, I am delighted you decided to stay in the you know what thread, the amusement you are contributing is making my morning fly by! Nearly lunch now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Cute.

Stop making up nonsense, if a United fan posted what you did they would have got the same reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

kryogen wrote: »
    As an aside, I am delighted you decided to stay in the you know what thread, the amusement you are contributing is making my morning fly by! Nearly lunch now
    The you know what thread? :confused: Lunch at 11? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Cute.

So much anger....

harrye134qt2.8333.jpg

Calm down calm down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The you know what thread? :confused: Lunch at 11? :confused:

Do you find you are confused a lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

NeVeR wrote: »
    yes was just about to post that.. I got 1 payment and the name was there :D

Make sure you all add your Boards.ie username to the message.

thanks.

Money shipped from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

But how could we have been planning for life under LVG for that time given that up until two months ago, we didn't even know he'd be our manager next season? By some accounts, some deals were lined up and then when LVG took over, they were cancelled cause he has his own targets.

So do you think we should have said "Nah, Moyes had these targets and they are who you are getting"? Do you think LVG shouldn't be the one making the decisions with regards transfers?

As soon as Moyes went, so to did the notion of getting deals done quickly. And again I say, there's no bonus points for speed; better to let the manager actually work out the targets he wants than to thrust them upon him, especially given LVG's history.

If LVG is so concerned about us buying players before he gets here then perhaps he shouldn't have waited for weeks before confirming he was coming.

Regardless, I don't think the appointment of a new manager should automatically reset everything that is happening at the club back to zero. Its actually kinda ludicrous to think that although a club needs serious work it all has to start from scratch if there is a change of manager, only in football would you see something like that.

Cancelling all transfers is fine if the squad just needs minor adjustments, the new manager can target the one or two players he needs to fine tune things. But when the squad needs serious surgery then the new manager simply has to be realistic about things, the club needs to get **** done and he will have to deal with that.

This is all a moot point anyway, as I don't think LVG has cancelled any "done deals". I think they weren't done in the first place.

Everyone in this thread who wants to buy enough players to win everything next year needs to consider that the Czar of Alkmaar might have different priorities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Money for sweeps sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

Money sent for draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I just need a place to keep track of payments for now.. So here it is.

Thanks lads.

I'll update as time goes by.

--- Player --- |--- Paid --- |--- Team ---
    1: NeVeR | Yes |
    2: Gadge | Yes |
    3: keane2097 | Yes |
    4: Donnielighto | |
    5: LightOfTruth | |
    6: Vertigo100 | Yes |
    7: s.welstead | Yes |
    8: duffman13 | |
    9: irishfeen | |
    10: bucketybuck | |
    11: astradave | Yes |
    12: RasTa | |
    13: ManofStraw | Yes |
    14: LostBoy101 | |
    15: glued | |
    16: Thepoet85 | |
    17: Timmyctc | |
    18: KevIRL | |
    19: scudzilla | |
    20: collie0708 | |
    21: Liam O | |
    22: markc1184 | |
    23: Blatter | |
    24: bennyl10 | |
    25: stankratz | |
    26: Thatsfootball | |
    27: Iago | Yes |
    28: bren2001 | Yes |
    29: ninja900 | |
    30: yermandan | |
    31: Saucy McKetchup | |
    32: Will I Amnt | Yes |

Subs
    33: BKtje ||
    34:Baldy Conscience||

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

sounds good to me, i'll be 3rd sub?

masti123 wrote: »
    sounds good to me, i'll be 3rd sub?

I have a 3rd sub via PM.. but you can be 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

M.E.N are saying we've made enquiries for Banega, have possibly lodged a bid for Arda Turan and are monitoring Adrien Rabot (19), a midfielder from PSG.

I have a 3rd sub via PM.. but you can be 4th.

Maybe start a specific thread for it if that's alright with mods???
    Might be a bit unfair on those that aren't in it having to read through it all here, plus we could chat about our chances of winning and slag off whoever gets the crap teams :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

M.E.N are saying we've made enquiries for Banega, have possibly lodged a bid for Arda Turan and are monitoring Adrien Rabot (19), a midfielder from PSG.

I'd believe interest in Turan, would be doubtful on Banega and I'd say Raibot is purely agent driven speculation; Arsenal being spoken of as well but I reckon as one of few talented home grown players at PSG he will stay with a nice big contract to be signed.

Might be a bit unfair on those that aren't in it having to read through it all here, plus we could chat about our chances of winning and slag off whoever gets the crap teams :pac:

umm.. i was thinking that.. but since it's already full it's not fair on all the other soccer users ... I could keep the updates to once / twice a day.. but I'll leave it up to the mods and the majority

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

boards.png

And you get an apostrophe 's thrown in for nothing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

umm.. i was thinking that.. but since it's already full it's not fair on all the other soccer users ... I could keep the updates to once / twice a day.. but I'll leave it up to the mods and the majority

How is it not fair on the other users?

I'd just create a separate thread for it, much handier that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Maybe the gambling forum would be the place for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Never add me to that list.

The power of the comma, ladies and gentleman.

Liam O wrote: »
    Maybe the gambling forum would be the place for it?

It should be fine on the soccer forum no?
    It's just about of fun... Unless I get Brazil, Spain or Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It should be fine on the soccer forum no?
    It's just about of fun... Unless I get Brazil, Spain or Germany.

Or the unlucky one who has the England meltdown :p

Liam O wrote: »
    Or the unlucky one who has the England meltdown :p

Hopefully some ultra-republican gets England, such a dilemma :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

i personally dont mind the sweepstakes talk in here. it distracts from the trauma that is united in the transfer market:pac::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pretty good community of fans here in this thread. Personally I stay away from the general forum, cant stand the opinions from a lot of people in there.

As someone not partaking, can't say I'd mind, be a bit of craic to breakup the rumourmill.

And like I said, I treat this like a little community of like minded fans, I don't think I ever get the hump when it goes off-topic, except if its stuff from liverpool fans ;)

TheDoc wrote: »
    Pretty good community of fans here in this thread. Personally I stay away from the general forum, cant stand the opinions from a lot of people in there.

As someone not partaking, can't say I'd mind, be a bit of craic to breakup the rumourmill.

And like I said, I treat this like a little community of like minded fans, I don't think I ever get the hump when it goes off-topic, except if its stuff from liverpool fans ;)

It would be a "Man United Fans Sweep" thread, other teams fans could have their own, I doubt anybody would be bothered messing it up, it would be only posters here involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

NTMK wrote: »
    i personally dont mind the sweepstakes talk in here. it distracts from the trauma that is united in the transfer market:pac::(

No need whatsoever for another thread. There are a few posts now sorting it out, then there will be probably be random posts at the time of the games concerning those involved, it won't exactly shut the whole thread down.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No problem with it being in here maybe just don't quote the long posts everytime would be my suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No need whatsoever for another thread. There are a few posts now sorting it out, then there will be probably be random posts at the time of the games concerning those involved, it won't exactly shut the whole thread down.

I just scroll until I see a non related post......but we've feck all to talk about lately!

• Advertisement

I'll keep it in here.

I'll keep the long posts to 1 or 2 a day.. I'll post a "Paid" update later this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

I'll keep it in here.

I'll keep the long posts to 1 or 2 a day.. I'll post a "Paid" update later this evening.

Out of interest, why have you your sig with fee's ?

..and not fees...............?

Because he made a mistake???
    Oh the horror of it all :eek:

Because he made a mistake???
    Oh the horror of it all :eek:

What he said.. grammar is not my strong point.

Anyways i've updated my sig with details about the Sweeps. So you can relax :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'll keep it in here.

Just sent off the money there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What he said.. grammar is not my strong point.

Anyways i've updated my sig with details about the Sweeps. So you can relax :D

308804.PNG

Now you're just taking the piss. :pac:

308804.PNG

Now you're just taking the piss. :pac:

Is it right now ?

Is it right now ?

Yep! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭bren2001

Maybe I am being pedantic re. the sweepstakes, but does first yellow make sense? It will essentially go to either Brasil or Croatia, since it is the first match.

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    Maybe I am being pedantic re. the sweepstakes, but does first yellow make sense? It will essentially go to either Brasil or Croatia, since it is the first match.

That doesn't really matter though, does it? I mean realistically there are only 2 or 3 teams that can win it too, which is why teams are randomly drawn. It's a lottery for a bit of fun.

Off Topic: Ian Ladyman has shot down the Miranda link, not too surprised by that to be honest. Seemed to come out of nowhere, expect it was an agent trying to get more money from Atletico or Barca.

bren2001 wrote: »

We add in a few different things so people with different teams have a chance to win.

While the 1st teams to play have a better chance to win something.. thats just the way it goes.

If everyone in the games would like to re-think the prizes please let me know.

We add in a few different things so people with different teams have a chance to win.

While the 1st teams to play have a better chance to win something.. thats just the way it goes.

If everyone in the games would like to re-think the prizes please let me know.
    First red or first penalty would give a better chance to people that don't have a team in the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Off Topic: Ian Ladyman has shot down the Miranda link, not too surprised by that to be honest. Seemed to come out of nowhere, expect it was an agent trying to get more money from Atletico or Barca.

Thought it was such a left field target. He was excellent in the CL final, but at 29 I doubt United will spend money on anyone unless they have guaranteed star appeal. A relatively low profile Brazilian CB with 8 caps does not fit that bill for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

First red or first penalty would give a better chance to people that don't have a team in the first day.

Those two were part of his original list. the 5 were;

1st yellow
    1st red
    1st pen
    1st og
    worst goal diff in groups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

:pac::pac::pac:

Here is the list of prize from the 1st post I made

World Cup winner €150
    Runner Up €70

1st Yellow Card €20
    1st Red Card €20
    1st OG €20
    1st Peno €20
    Worst goal difference in group stages. €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

World Cup winner €150
    Runner Up €70

1st Yellow Card €20
    1st Red Card €20
    1st OG €20
    1st Peno €20

I'm not in the sweepstakes lads but "technically" shouldn't ye record the minute of the first yellow in the first group game games from EVERY GROUP then pay out going by the minute rather then the match as teams whos groups play first have a huge advantage?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm not in the sweepstakes lads but "technically" shouldn't ye record the minute of the first yellow in the first group game games from EVERY GROUP then pay out going by the minute rather then the match as teams whos groups play first have a huge advantage?

a sweepstake isn't supposed to be fair.

World Cup winner €150
    Runner Up €70

1st Yellow Card €20
    1st Red Card €20
    1st OG €20
    1st Peno €20

Yeah drop the first yellow in favour of earliest yellow or most yellows in group stage or something I'd say, the rest them are good.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement