Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm not in the sweepstakes lads but "technically" shouldn't ye record the minute of the first yellow in the first group game games from EVERY GROUP then pay out going by the minute rather then the match as teams whos groups play first have a huge advantage?

Thats the luck of the draw.. if we start doing it based on all games and recording the times we would have to do it for red cards / OG's / etc .. so we will leave it at 1st Yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I'm not in the sweepstakes lads but "technically" shouldn't ye record the minute of the first yellow in the first group game games from EVERY GROUP then pay out going by the minute rather then the match as teams whos groups play first have a huge advantage?

Thats more quickest yellow than 1st yellow.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Yeah drop the first yellow in favour of earliest yellow or most yellows in group stage or something I'd say, the rest them are good.

Most Yellow's would be better then 1st yellow across all games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

I definitely agree with this, 1st yellow, 1st red, 1st peno and first o.g could theoretically happen in the first game, then things get boring (sweepstake speaking) until the final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Just rename this thread to "World Cup Sweepstakes Thread, With a Hint of Man Utd Thrown In"

How about this small update.

World Cup winner €150
    Runner Up €70

1st Most yellow cards in group stages €20
    1st Red Card €20
    1st OG €20
    1st Peno €20
    Worst goal difference in group stages. €20

Just rename this thread to "World Cup Sweepstakes Thread, With a Hint of Man Utd Thrown In"

Can we ?..

It would make it so much easier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

NeVeR wrote: »
    How about this small update.

World Cup winner €150
    Runner Up €70

1st Most yellow cards in group stages €20
    1st Red Card €20
    1st OG €20
    1st Peno €20
    Worst goal difference in group stages. €20

I propose changing one of them to "team with the highest goalscorer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

The death has occured tragically of The Manchester United Superthread Forum.
    Formally of Soccer on Boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Era if you have something to post about United throw it up and quit complaining nearly.

• Advertisement

Can we ?..

It would make it so much easier

It would make it easier if you stopped being stubborn and made a new thread for it to stop clogging this one up. I for one don't want to read about the sweepstakes every other post. I'm sure there are others that feel the same.

OK to stop clogging it up.. I'm not posting anymore about it after this post..

Prizes will be as stated in this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90587821&postcount=6857

If people have questions please PM me.

I will post one more update of paid players tonight at some stage.

C-ya's later guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Be nice to see a couple of players signed before the WC but not looking great at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Just rename this thread to "World Cup Sweepstake's Thread, With a Hint of Man Utd Thrown In"

FYP :pac:

Shane St. wrote: »
    Be nice to see a couple of players signed before the WC but not looking great at the moment

Looking unlikely now but the World Cup will be over for 16 of the teams by the 26th of June, another 8 by the 1st July. England for instance might not even make it out of the group stages so Luke Shaw could be finalised before the end of June in theory. Still plenty of time for integration into the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Ok Lads

The deadline for payments is Tuesday 3rd June - If I get all 32 payments by midnight 3rd June i will do the Draw on the Wednesday. If I don't get them all I will remove the non payers and contact any Subs' we might have.

If I need to contact Subs I will give them until the Saturday 7th June to make payment and the draw will follow on the Sunday 8th June.

So all in all we will all know out teams by the 8th June.

I will record the team selections so everyone can see it's done fairly.

Payments

Please send all payments via paypal to david@davidstokes.com
    Please send €10 as a Gift - or €11 the normal way ... Why i hear you ask... if you send €10 normal way ( not a gift ) it will become €9 something when it hits my account. When you send as a gift you can pay the paypal fees and I won't be left with 32 payments of €9 and have to make up all the extra :D

You can of course pay €11 the normal way which will turn into about €10.10 / €10.20

If you have any questions please reply here or PM me.

Total prize pool will be €320

Note: If it comes to the point where we don't have 32 players after subs etc I will open it up for people to buy a second team.

Sent

Off Topic: Ian Ladyman has shot down the Miranda link, not too surprised by that to be honest. Seemed to come out of nowhere, expect it was an agent trying to get more money from Atletico or Barca.

Oggo agrees
    Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 2m
    Nothing happening with #mufc and Miranda. Roll on Brazil...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Oggo agrees

That was definitely the first or numerous rubbish links we will see this summer in regards players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

How about for thw sweepstakes instead of 1st yellow you have first man utd goal scorer at the world cup. Seeing as its basically a man utd fans sweepstakes. If no winner then that 20 goes onto the winners pot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Any truth in the Arda Turan rumour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

In fairness, the sweepstakes talk is hardly the worst topic of conversation that we have seen/will see throughout this summer.

The four or five pages spent defining a young player not too long ago was one highlight I can remember so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

zerks wrote: »

12/15

Record Attendance, Moyes wins and Henrik's squad number stumped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Liam O wrote: »
    Mata should be the one out on the wing. Kagawa is the best technical player at the club so should be played through the middle. Simple as, I don't care if it's CM or AM, he has to play there.

Mata is a proven PL player. He's a better player than Kags too.

Kags cannot play centre mid. He's too lightweight. Gets pushed around all the time. Is not especially pacey and I'm also not convinced of his ability to either pass over long distance or to be tactically disciplined enough for the role.

The problem with him is he has to be played at ten to get the best out if him and we've better 10's therefore if one has to go it would be him in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

How about for thw sweepstakes instead of 1st yellow you have first man utd goal scorer at the world cup. Seeing as its basically a man utd fans sweepstakes. If no winner then that 20 goes onto the winners pot

Maybe team with most goals from United players too. Not overly fond of the card prizes but not a big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Because he made a mistake???
    Oh the horror of it all :eek:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

What he said.. grammar is not my strong point.

Anyways i've updated my sig with details about the Sweeps. So you can relax :D

just trying to be helpful:D

and I am relaxed...very:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

10! one or two trick answers thrown in.
    Kagawa linked with anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Only got 10 and at least 2 of those were guesses. I am ashamed. I've never had a good memory for minutiae though, and what kind of weirdo would know offhand how many times Wayne Rooney has been booked? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Only got 10 and at least 2 of those were guesses. I am ashamed. I've never had a good memory for minutiae though, and what kind of weirdo would know offhand how many times Wayne Rooney has been booked? :eek:

Who doesn't know that :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

:rolleyes:

Not sure why you are rolling your eyes, it was fairly obvious he made a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

14/15

Attendance one got me. Took guess at 1 question can't remember just now

14/15

Attendance one got me. Took guess at 1 question can't remember just now

Ah yes the Rooney booking was guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

So another day with rumoured signings but nothing official. Cmon Woodward come on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So another day with rumoured signings but nothing official. Cmon Woodward come on

this Miranda link sounded bollix from the off, to me.

I do think the summer has already not gone to plan - as I believe United intended to have a deal or two done before the World Cup, would be shocked if we got one done before July at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

10/15 A good few were guesses. I've only been a casual follower of united since I was a young lad but only really started following them this season (I picked a good season to start!)

We have been linked with 100 players now at this stage, literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where's your list??? Ha ha ha

Where's your list??? Ha ha ha

I gave up ha.

We were linked with 19 Players within 48 hours alone last week.

I want be getting paid by hour for that ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Is there a list that Fifa/UEFA have with all professional players listed? If so just copy and paste it for your list!

• Advertisement

Antibac wrote: »
    Is there a list that Fifa/UEFA have with all professional players listed? If so just copy and paste it for your list!

Haha ya it will be big.

At least last season had us linked with usual suspects with a few added here and there.

This year it's every player that plays football has been linked.

All we need now is be linked with few Liverpool players and we have completed the list ;)

Haha ya it will be big.

At least last season had us linked with usual suspects with a few added here and there.

This year it's every player that plays football has been linked.

All we need now is be linked with few Liverpool players and we have completed the list ;)

The sad thing is any one of the Midfield players linked would be an improvement. We are that bad there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I gave up ha.

We were linked with 19 Players within 48 hours alone last week.

I want be getting paid by hour for that ha.
    Tut Tut Tut - ah Kew where is your dedication to this forum gone at all :confused:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Anyone wants to start a Suarez to United rumour on Twitter Ill retweet it and get that one going, should provide minutes of entertainment

kryogen wrote: »
    Anyone wants to start a Suarez to United rumour on Twitter Ill retweet it and get that one going, should provide minutes of entertainment
    Haha what's your twitter name??

Sure I get on it too.

Let's do this!!!

Anyone know who Dave Goddard is? He is saying on Twitter we are looking at Damian Comolli as Director of Football. Can't link as on phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

No self respecting club would go near Camolli, he's fùcked a lot more things up than not

His time at Liverpool alone should be enough of a deterrent, they still shudder at the sound of his name

Suarez rumours according to the Mirror??? :)

• Advertisement

Went with the hotel in Manchester approach

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement