Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Carlo can feck off, I want Louis

• Carlo can feck off, I want Louis
    I would say no to this, but after his SSN performance today...I have warmed to him :o

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Pro. F wrote: »
    Lads, there's no point responding to that nonsense. When a poster comes into the thread and says that they think we are judging players based on their physical attractiveness they are not going to respond logically to anything you say.

You also have to seriously question someone's judgement if the think Nani is good looking. How ugly is Jane if he/she Thinks Nani is pretty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What odds on Ronaldo coming back if Real win the Champions League? :P

• Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    You also have to seriously question someone's judgement if the think Nani is good looking. How ugly is Jane if he/she Thinks Nani is pretty?
    No need for that dude :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Thats the end for Madrid is it? or as good as

Will be some achievement for Simeone and his EPO taking players :)

Breaking that dominance is akin to breaking the Old Firm with Aberdeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Atleti to do the double I think

It really is astonishing, dare I say suspicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

kryogen wrote: »

Not sure if you're aware, but if Barca win their two remaining games they'll be champions via the head to head v Atletico.

Should be a fascinating finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

• Advertisement

• Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    What is Arsenals obsession with midfielders :confused:
    Wenger needs a Striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

kryogen wrote: »

Yeah four points behind Atletico with two games left each. Madrid need them to draw and lose.

Although last game of the season is Barca vs Aletico at the Nou Camp but if both win their next games Madrid can't win the title.

La Decima is there main goal now I would say. I can see Carlo resting the players for the remainder of the league considering they had no Bale and Ronaldo for the majority tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Would be a unreal signing for us. Much better than anything we have in CM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I remember being desperate for Utd to sign him the summer he went to Bayern, if he goes to Arsenal now I'll be sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

a mate of mine posted this on facebook with about 10 minutes to go earlier.
    Don't count your chickens yet City fans, 3 nil is a dangerous lead.

one of the best posts ive seen in a long time, upset a fair few scouse fans also..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

a mate of mine posted this on facebook with about 10 minutes to go earlier.

one of the best posts ive seen in a long time, upset a fair few scouse fans also..

You missed lordgoats a few posts ago so

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    Not sure if you're aware, but if Barca win their two remaining games they'll be champions via the head to head v Atletico.

Should be a fascinating finale.

Oh yeah I know its not done and dusted, should be one hell of a last game at the Camp Nou!

I just mean it will be some feat if it happens.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What is Arsenals obsession with midfielders :confused:
    Wenger needs a Striker.

Pep has the same obsession :)

I wanted Martinez before he went to Bayern, I still want him. It wont happen though

just watching that Van Gaal interview now, it gives me goosebumps to listen to him, he just seems to have the biggest aura and self confidence possible.

if he gets the job, it would be absolutely biblical....and certainly a huge difference from the fraudster that got the job a year ago.

get the impression though that as a few of ye pointed out already, there is also somebody else in the running as he genuinely seemed to believe that he had nothing confirmed yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

just watching that Van Gaal interview now, it gives me goosebumps to listen to him, he just seems to have the biggest aura and self confidence possible.

if he gets the job, it would be absolutely biblical....and certainly a huge difference from the fraudster that got the job a year ago.

get the impression though that as a few of ye pointed out already, there is also somebody else in the running as he genuinely seemed to believe that he had nothing confirmed yet.

I thought he gave too much away, to the point that he knows he's got the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

it looks like the last time liverpool won the league john flanagans parents were brother and sister

• Advertisement

• Atleti to do the double I think

It really is astonishing, dare I say suspicious

Wonder what the odds of that were

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Indeed, parting of the soup level shiit !!

bruce-almighty-parting-the-red-soup-04.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

LVG won't be confirmed anytime soon I reckon. Still think its not dusted yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

****ing City going to win the league and us in 7th. It just hit me there a few minutes ago.

I really hope we turn things around quickly next season.

And City have had awful luck with injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Absolute rubbish here. Moyes was selected by Fergie and the board for the job, gave his all but for a variety of factors didn't work out. To call him a fraudster is downright disrespectful, who wouldn't take that incredible opportunity when given to them. Most of the UTD. fans I know wish Moyes well, he is a good manager and to aim this vitriol at him is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

LVG won't be confirmed anytime soon I reckon. Still think its not dusted yet.
    That's very negative Kew - and we were all having such a good day ... :(:D

And City have had awful luck with injuries

to be honest, i expected them to have the league wrapped up weeks ago, cant believe its even come down to the last game.

irishfeen wrote: »
    That's very negative Kew - and we were all having such a good day ... :(:D

It was just hunch that people saying it would be done by today was but premature.

It might just take but longer.

Hopefully sorted soon.

Montroseee wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish here. Moyes was selected by Fergie and the board for the job, gave his all but for a variety of factors didn't work out. To call him a fraudster is downright disrespectful, who wouldn't take that incredible opportunity when given to them. Most of the UTD. fans I know wish Moyes well, he is a good manager and to aim this vitriol at him is stupid.

i think everybody knew deep down, very quickly that he wasnt the right man for the job and i am sure you did yourself also.

good manager? yes he is....but to be manager of United you need to be world class and he certainly is not that.

and its amazing you say people wish him well, when practically every poster on here wanted him gone (apart from about 3)....match going fans not much different either. every match going fan i have spoken to since he was sacked was delighted he is gone.

• Advertisement

It was just hunch that people saying it would be done by today was but premature.

It might just take but longer.

Hopefully sorted soon.
    I think RVP's interview gave it all away last night and even LVG's interview tonight and the big smiley head on him... I'd say its all but wrapped and will be announced on Monday after Giggs has finished out the season.

irishfeen wrote: »
    I think RVP's interview gave it all away last night and even LVG's interview tonight and the big smiley head on him... I'd say its all but wrapped and will be announced on Monday after Giggs has finished out the season.

Bingo! I say

i think everybody knew deep down, very quickly that he wasnt the right man for the job and i am sure you did yourself also.

good manager? yes he is....but to be manager of United you need to be world class and he certainly is not that.

and its amazing you say people wish him well, when practically every poster on here wanted him gone (apart from about 3)....match going fans not much different either. every match going fan i have spoken to since he was sacked was delighted he is gone.

That doesnt mean they wouldnt wish him well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

That does not make him a fraudster. :mad:

Anyway, not getting into a debate over Moyes again. I'm truly warming to the idea of having VanGaal take over. With the right signings in the summer, we could have a right go at the title.

Bingo! I say
    Secretly inside VG must be astonished to get a chance at United - at 62 i'm sure he never ever suspected he would get such a high level job again.. one final chance to make his mark on the world stage.

I know he's 62 and has talked about retirement, but is it really etched in stone that this guy will only do two or three years at United? It seems to be the common opinion. I wonder, though, if he might do a 5 year stint.

I know he's 62 and has talked about retirement, but is it really etched in stone that this guy will only do two or three years at United? It seems to be the common opinion. I wonder, though, if he might do a 5 year stint.
    As long as he is winning matches/trophies and is in good health why not - a return to a period of stability after the mess of this season would be great and relax us all again.

Disgusting post from you. Moyes didn't work out, to call him a fraudster? Do you even know what the word means
    Fraud is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain

Given what he did at Everton he is the exact opposite of a fraudster.

The circumstances with players turning on him at UTD didn't help either. iHe may not of been good enough but you making him out to be some sort of cheat?

Nasty post. Your a genuine clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

wonder which united player will be the first to be verbally ****ed out of it by van gaal?

• Advertisement

Don't know if posted before but a great insight into LVG's head as a manager...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

I bet in 12.months he wont be as fresh faced. He looks a fit 62. And has only been part time this last few years so should be ready for one last push. Ill be amazed if we dont sign some young dutch talent this summer. Van gaal will know them inside out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

I originally thought Moyes could manage UTD. successfully but as time passed this was obviously proved false. As you've said, to manage UTD. you need to be a top level manager and even though we wanted to part ways with Moyes, many fans including myself would wish and hope he does well in his next position. It was just your choice of language and disrespect towards Moyes that annoyed me, calling him a fraudster would imply some sort of deception or dishonesty was involved in him getting the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

squadro wrote: »
    wonder which united player will be the first to be verbally ****ed out of it by van gaal?

With any luck. Cleverley. Young valencia and one or two more sleep in the first day of training. That should be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I don't know if this has been posted already. I just saw it in the side bar when watching the LvG interview. Nice interview with the man himself about his philosophy and the particulars of how he likes to do things. Very interesting viewing.

Edit: bugger

Pro. F wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been posted already. I just saw it in the side bar when watching the LvG interview. Nice interview with the man himself about his philosophy and the particulars of how he likes to do things. Very interesting viewing.
    SNAP! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont know has this been posted already

lol

LVG's mug is everywhere :)

Guys you must watch this

I doubt youve seen it before, boards exclusive

• Guys you must watch this

I doubt youve seen it before, boards exclusive

This is going to turn into another..... Is Mata playing against Munich tonight? :P

squadro wrote: »

From what I've heard, it was Cleverly (useless sh8t of a player) who was sitting on the bench and called for Moyes to be sent to the stands.
    I do hope VG has a chat with Moyes before he takes the job, and exacts a swift punishment for this scandalous behaviour.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement