Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

bullvine wrote: »
    Van Gaal is in for some shock when he sees how bad Center Midfield is, I wonder has Robin given him a heads up!:eek:

Louish, they jusht can't passh the ball foward. I don't undershtand why they're sho shít. They're all former championsh. Madnessh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Louish, they jusht can't passh the ball foward. I don't undershtand why they're sho shít. They're all former championsh. Madnessh!

I reckon they converse in Dutch. :P

"Louis, ze kunnen gewoon niet voorwaartse pass de bal. Ik begrijp niet waarom ze zo stront. Ze zijn allemaal oud-kampioenen. Waanzin!"

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Delboy5

I reckon they converse in Dutch. :P

"Louis, ze kunnen gewoon niet voorwaartse pass de bal. Ik begrijp niet waarom ze zo stront. Ze zijn allemaal oud-kampioenen. Waanzin!"

And if we need an interpreter next year we could always hire Steve McClaren...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhtq1ObGHy8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Delboy5 wrote: »
    And if we need an interpreter next year we could always hire Steve McClaren...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhtq1ObGHy8

I honestly cannot click that link, firstly because I know what it is and secondly I cringe so bad I nearly break my back

Corvo wrote: »
    I honestly cannot click that link, firstly because I know what it is and secondly I cringe so bad I nearly break my back

This one is so much worse. It actually makes my stomach hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Just reading about the Bundeliga there, I'd love English clubs to wear stars on their jerseys to represent their title wins like Italy and Germany, I think it would be cool!

Just reading about the Bundeliga ther, I'd love English clubs to wear stars on their jerseys to represent their title wins like Italy and Germany, I think it would be cool!

United's jersey would have to be made out of stars then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just reading about the Bundeliga there, I'd love English clubs to wear stars on their jerseys to represent their title wins like Italy and Germany, I think it would be cool!

Not enough space ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

United's jersey would have to be made out of stars then.
    Not enough space ;)

only 2 more than the Pool ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

It would be cool to have two stars to represent the 20 titles, 10 each, that's what Bayern have, they only brought it in, in 2010!

• Advertisement

Agueroooo wrote: »
    only 2 more than the Pool ;):)

13 more Premier Leagues tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Don't they get a star on the jerseys for every ten titles they win ? So we'd only have 2

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Don't they get a star on the jerseys for every ten titles they win ? So we'd only have 2

Well that could be cool. United, Liverpool and Arsenal would be the only teams to have them, and only United would have two. Do it! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sure we'd look more like the American flag than a football team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Why do City have three stars does anyone know? I know some clubs have stars to represent league titles, and others European cups, but what's City's rationale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Why do City have three stars does anyone know? I know some clubs have stars to represent league titles, and others European cups, but what's City's rationale?

League titles if not mistaken

LiamoSail wrote: »

Number of times they've beaten United by a 5 goal margin. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Luke Shaw deal could be wrapped up by Monday according to several sources.

Schweinsteiger could be moving too, Pep will allow him to leave apparently. Isn't Bastian a United fan? think i heard that somewhere, could be mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The stars above citys crest are there for decoration.
    " The three stars above the eagle constitute a design element that relate a more continental feel to the design."
    http://www.mcivta.com/club/history.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Explained before that the stars are the biggest load of ****e ever.

Were introduced to denote world cup victories ...and then everyone started putting them on their crest to denote league titles and in some cases even domestic cup victories.

They should be on national jerseys for WC wins and club teams for champions league wins.

Be good if it was uniformed but instead its just a random crock of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It would be cool to have two stars to represent the 20 titles, 10 each, that's what Bayern have, they only brought it in, in 2010!

i read that United requested to do this with the PL badge, but it needed agreement from all the other PL sides. Liverpool blocked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Did I see someone say they have never seen Koke play? Champions League final? Semi-final against Chelsea? La Liga run in? How do you avoid watching Atletico Madrid this year?

As for his quality, he's a key player in a team that won La Liga and were 30 seconds from winning the CL. He's 22 and is seen as the natural successor to Xavi in the Spanish team. In a window where David Luiz is worth €50m, Koke is worth €60. But he wouldn't want to come to us even if we have Champions League football, and there is no chance he will come without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I would love Koke, great for a 4-3-3 formation.

Only 22 years old and a star that is only rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Did I see someone say they have never seen Koke play? Champions League final? Semi-final against Chelsea? La Liga run in? How do you avoid watching Atletico Madrid this year?

As for his quality, he's a key player in a team that won La Liga and were 30 seconds from winning the CL. He's 22 and is seen as the natural successor to Xavi in the Spanish team. In a window where David Luiz is worth €50m, Koke is worth €60. But he wouldn't want to come to us even if we have Champions League football, and there is no chance he will come without it.

Koke agrees with you;
    "I’ve got a long-term contract with Atleti. I’m happy, this is my home. I’m proud that other clubs are interested, but I’m happy and this is my home and where I want to be for now. Now it’s time for the World Cup and I want to be in the squad. That’s all I’m thinking about, for me that comes first. At the moment I feel I’m an Atleti player, there is a World Cup coming up and I’m not thinking about the future, just the present."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That was me.

In fairness, I "watched" a few games but tended to be doing so on a second screen, keeping an eye on the match but not dedicating 100% of my focus on it. And when it was, I tended to focus on other players (CL, for example, was Ronnie, Bale, Costa for his 10 minutes).

When not watching 100% though, I find it easy to miss solid CM displays as I focus on attackers and defenders :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

When not watching 100% though, I find it easy to miss solid CM displays as I focus on attackers and defenders :o

Understandable considering most of us Utd fans have gotten used to not watching midfield play over the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

ill put my hand you for this :o in fairness i did go to about 28 United games and watch them play absolute ****e so i was usually sick of football to watch Atleti play much
    i didnt even watch the CL final yet:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Amazing the hate Welbeck gets from opposition (and some Utd) fans. Questions again being raised about his inclusion in England's starting 11 tonight when he's been one of England's most consistently better players for the last two years. He was also one of the few players to come out of this season with a shred of credibility and was our best performer in the games against Munich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rooney playing as a 10 for England, just doesn't work IMO

They'd be better off putting Lallana or Barkley in there, Rooney up front and Sturridge coming in off the left

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

i read that United requested to do this with the PL badge, but it needed agreement from all the other PL sides. Liverpool blocked it.

Never heard about that before, couldn't find anything on the Internet. Where did you hear it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jebus England are horrible to watch. I cant stop yawning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Headshot wrote: »
    jebus England are horrible to watch. I cant stop yawning

Dont watch us then!

Dont watch us then!

oh very touchy

oh very touchy

Not really, you are just complaining about watching something - watch summert else!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Rooney's barely in this game so far. He really needs to be further up the pitch. He's not a number 10.

Not really, you are just complaining about watching something - watch summert else!

Yes really. Your getting a tad bit upset about someone knocking your team. They are ****ing woeful to watch. Im waiting for the Spain match to start anyway.

Yes really. Your getting a tad bit upset about someone knocking your team. They are ****ing woeful to watch. Im waiting for the Spain match to start anyway.

Im not upset in anyway. I just dont get why you come into the United thread to say you are bored watching England. Again, if you dont like it, grab the remote!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

England are remainding me a lot of united under moyes no pace or passion

Great finish tho

Im not upset in anyway. I just dont get why you come into the United thread to say you are bored watching England. Again, if you dont like it, grab the remote!

You were upset to reply to my post

'Dont watch us then!"

I post it on the utd thread because the utd players are in the England team and they are dyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

'Dont watch us then!"

I post it on the utd thread because the utd players are in the England team and they are dyer.

Danny sez hi!

• Advertisement

'Dont watch us then!"

The only reason someone posts is not through being upset. It was also pretty clear you weren't discussing the United lads.

Meh, enjoy the Spain game later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

The only reason someone posts is not through being upset. It was also pretty clear you weren't discussing the United lads.

Meh, enjoy the Spain game later!

So if we complain about United playing **** should we watch something else?

Welbeck has played well without having any real chance on goal.

Rooney has been dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Rooney is ineffective tonight. That role doesn't suit him.
    I really like him as a player, but I often feel like he's the odd man out at united.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

and they are dyer.

I think you mean "dire". Dyer was always injured.

I think you mean "dire". Dyer was always injured.

Mobile phone corrective text

Mobile phone corrective text
    Get a new phone..

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

The Mexican wave has been the most entertaining part of the match. In fairness to Rooney he needs a bit of match sharpness. Welbeck not been bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Question: would we want Milner if he was available to us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Shaw sitting next to Jones on the bench, as good as confirmed so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement