Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Officer999

If Chelsea let Lampard go on a free at the end of the season, would he be a good free signing for us?

I was thinking about this today, and yes while his not the player he was and past his peak, I still think he could be at least worth a 1 year contract offer.
    I believe he could do a job for us in midfield for us next year (along with a top class midefielder ala Kross etc)

(Remember when Milan released Pirlo..everyone said he was past it. Just look at what he has done at Juventus since)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

LVG

Sounds like a wrestler.

Hope he has his own intro music ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This is going to turn into another..... Is Mata playing against Munich tonight? :P

No it won't. Besides everyone knows Mata didn't play any UCL football because Moyes preferred Kagawa in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Long-ish interview with van Gaal about tactics, philosophy etc. The translation to English is poor but you get the idea, mostly.

http://jeddavies.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Louis-Van-Gaal-interview.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Anybody have a link to the video of LVG talking about his philosophy? can't find it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Long-ish interview with van Gaal about tactics, philosophy etc. The translation to English is poor but you get the idea, mostly.

http://jeddavies.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Louis-Van-Gaal-interview.pdf
    "Longish" is dead right :)

We need a Zerks Gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Anybody have a link to the video of LVG talking about his philosophy? can't find it anywhere

I think this is it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

This is going to turn into another..... Is Mata playing against Munich tonight? :P

I missed the game did he play? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

(L. van Gaal) -
    That you decide how the opponent play their football and not that the opponent decides where we have to play...

I long for this day

• Advertisement

I have an impression of your man down to a tee, I even get the same mouth going for "rent buoys" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

At least Mata isn't cup tied next season!

Oh.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

LVG

Sounds like a wrestler.

Hope he has his own intro music ;-)

Either this or Jump by Van Halen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Better pick of the Utd kits :(

apavyvej.jpg

xtal191 wrote: »
    Better pick of the Utd kits :(

apavyvej.jpg

Logo is just awful, if it was just a white outline it might look somewhat better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

United kits gone so bland with Nike

Either this or Jump by Van Halen :)

He even looks like LVG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

The Red one looks like Iron Man Suit :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'd be delighted if Adidas got the shirt deal. Whoever ok'd that Chevrolet logo should be fired. Dominates the jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Them jerseys are brutal looking,there like something out of PS1 game and a bad PS1 game at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

1. Noisy neighbours
    2. Scousers

Has to be the worst season in living memory?

I mean coud anything else have gone wrong?

Bring home Ronnie?

Anyone think the class of '92 should buy the club?

Opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

comewatmay wrote: »
    1. Noisy neighbours
    2. Scousers

Has to be the worst season in living memory?

I mean coud anything else have gone wrong?

Bring home Ronnie?

Anyone think the class of '92 should buy the club?

Opinions

****ty as it has been, if Liverpool don't win the league then the perfect storm will have been averted.

That storm was coming straight at me the last few weeks and now looks like changing course at the last second.

I'll count my blessings if it misses on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A mere blip after years and years and years and years of success

We're likely to get one of the top managers in football and 3 or 4 good players during the summer, I can't wait for next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Think the board went with Fergie and his romantic view of how things should go. I'd say they were fair reluctant to go along with Moyes. Can see a spending splurge after (apparently) Van Gaal takes over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

Surely city )'the noisy neighbours') winning would be worse than pool?

Utd now have to compete with the champions for these 3/4 players with champions league?

Pool never able to compete with fees/wages anyway

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Utd now have to compete with the champions for these 3/4 players with champions league?

I dont come across many city fans who sing about winning the league all day.

Its really down to a lot of the fans, for me anyways. I know a few City fans. Most are recent fans and acknowledge that. They gloat (As you'd expect from any fan) but are more subdued in doing so, probably because they know they got where they are with an oul Sugar Daddy job.

Liverpool fans (I live with one) seem to have this entitled point of view regarding their title charge and from my experience they can gloat when its going there way and brag all they like but when the banter is turned back at them they are the most offended people. Everything is an attack on them. I've already resigned myself to accepting defeat and that one of our rivals will win the title. But if City see it out we're dodging a bullet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Would ya stop. I know 1 City fan. And he doesn't annoy me.

And City's millions attract players. Winning a Premier League isn't gonna change the type of players they can buy. They are already dining at the top table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Its really down to a lot of the fans, for me anyways. I know a few City fans. Most are recent fans and acknowledge that. They gloat (As you'd expect from any fan) but are more subdued in doing so, probably because they know they got where they are with an oul Sugar Daddy job.

Liverpool fans (I live with one) seem to have this entitled point of view regarding their title charge and from my experience they can gloat when its going there way and brag all they like but when the banter is turned back at them they are the most offended people. Everything is an attack on them. I've already resigned myself to accepting defeat and that one of our rivals will win the title. But if City see it out we're dodging a bullet.

Haha this coming from a united fan!! Pot-kettle-black!!!

Its actually not bad watching a title race from the outside for once.
    I know I know its not ideal. Very relaxing watching just hoping one team doesnt win it . Hell I think the battle for second is still on.
    No stress feet up tonight watching city win happy but not that bothered if they threw the league away.
    Hopefully the slippers go in the bin next season and it all starts again. That crazy stressfull rollercoaster title race that Ive just become used to.
    Itll be like an alcoholics first drink after a year sober. This year made me appreciate it all the more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

viper006 wrote: »
    Haha this coming from a united fan!! Pot-kettle-black!!!

LMFAO

CITYYYYYYYY

LOL

CITY
    POOL
    CHELSEA
    ARSENAL
    EVERTON
    SPURS

LOL
    SCUNTHORPE
    SOUTHEND
    TORQUAY UNITED

?

Am I doing it right?

LOL

CITY
    POOL
    CHELSEA
    ARSENAL
    EVERTON
    SPURS
    20-18

Nothing more needs to be said. Trophyless season again for ya viper enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭bennyl10

LOL

CITY
    POOL
    CHELSEA
    ARSENAL
    EVERTON
    SPURS

LOL
    2011 - 6th
    2012 - 8th
    2013- 7th

24 YEARS

20-18

Nothing more needs to be said. Trophyless season again for ya viper enjoy

Andy Carroll may have a say yet!

Dont be that bloody delusional

Say what?
    He never wanted to leave Newcastle he said that. He was treated like crap and had bile spat at him by supporters. Then got fecked out to the highest bidder. I doubt he will be too motivated.

jane82 wrote: »
    Say what?
    He never wanted to leave Newcastle he said that. He was treated like crap and had bile spat at him by supporters. Then got fecked out to the highest bidder. I doubt he will be too motivated.

Im joking lads, just trying to have some banter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Im joking lads, just failing to have some banter.

FYP

• Advertisement

Its actually THAT bad of a season I can't wait for silly season to start :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Its actually THAT bad of a season I can't wait for silly season to start :(

Just remember, Bebe has more league winners medals than Gerrard.

bebe_1922211c.jpg

Im joking lads, just trying to have some banter.

Try the city thread. They are after all the title opponents. We are but a sleeping giant having a nap for a year.
    Maybe even try the Chelsea thread.
    Enjoy it before Madrid come knocking for Louis. Before B,,rod gsts told the Suarez money is for other stuff and fecks off or wastes it on a pile of barca b team players.
    Enjoy it before sturridge tries to get a move to the big time or gets injured or has one of his drops in performance.
    Enjoy it before Stevie g is ruined because he has to play two games a week at his age after a world cup.

Dont waste your time worrying about other clubs Liverpool only get a crack at the title every few years. Enjoy it.
    Look on the bright side it may be another year before coutihno heads off to better things if he comes on a little bit.

Again dont waste your time in the sun hanging about the united thread. It is but brief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I don't know why she's leaving, or where she's gonna go
    I guess she's got her reasons but I just don't wanna know
    'Cause it's been 24 years and then we go **** it up at Palace...Palace who the **** are Palace?
    #Crystanbul #MakeUsDream #YMCA

jane82 wrote: »
    Try the city thread. They are after all the title opponents. We are but a sleeping giant having a nap for a year.
    Maybe even try the Chelsea thread.
    Enjoy it before Madrid come knocking for Louis. Before B,,rod gsts told the Suarez money is for other stuff and fecks off or wastes it on a pile of barca b team players.
    Enjoy it before sturridge tries to get a move to the big time or gets injured or has one of his drops in performance.
    Enjoy it before Stevie g is ruined because he has to play two games a week at his age after a world cup.

Dont waste your time worrying about other clubs Liverpool only get a crack at the title every few years. Enjoy it.
    Look on the bright side it may be another year before coutihno heads off to better things if he comes on a little bit.

Again dont waste your time in the sun hanging about the united thread. It is but brief.

I thought i was in liverpool thread.always talking about liverpool lads, always talking about liverpool. later!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I thought i was in liverpool thread.always talking about liverpool lads, always talking about liverpool. later!!

Lol so much fail. Bitter to the end my god I....I....I actually thrive on it :D

Later? Nah just for the last couple of Weeks. Then maybe again in 5 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

City bought the League. If we finish second technically we've won it

Yup,they've officially gone nuts.

zerks wrote: »

Ah no. Thats up there with the moral championship.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

TBF thats RAWK isn't it. The hardcore forum sites are full of spastic mentalists. I'd say our one is somewhat similar? Whats our one called actually? RedCafe isit?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement