Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If we didn't post clickbait stories, this topic would be a lot quieter....

The superthreads would be down to 10 posts a day at this time of the year without transfer rumours no matter how outlandish they might be.
    When the transfer window shuts we can all bitch about how our clubs signed the wrong players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The guardian saying Arsenal are out and Chelsea are in negotiations for Fabregas

#where'sWoody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its very hard to stay positive this summer so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would love to know what the feck Woodward and LVG are at. Don't want Fabregas, don't want Kroos.

Is buying a quality midfielder against some fecking charter at United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Would love to know what the feck Woodward and LVG are at. Don't want Fabregas, don't want Kroos.

Is buying a quality midfielder against some fecking charter at United?

S-t-r-o-o-t-m-a-n. Who he'll play with, I've no idea, but I'll be genuinely shocked if Strootman isn't a United player by the end of the window, or at the very least, the January window.

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    S-t-r-o-o-t-m-a-n. Who he'll play with, I've no idea, but I'll be genuinely shocked if Strootman isn't a United player by the end of the window, or at the very least, the January window.

waiting to january would massively piss me off, we either sign Strootman in the summer or look for someone else. We need two signings this summer for CM.

AAARRRGGGHHH is such a depressing summer already - LVG tossing out the transfer work already done is gonna cause a fecking disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

All talk.

Other clubs will actually go out and buy players this summer while we cross Fabregas, Vidal and Kroos off Van Gaal's mythical list before signing Cheick fúcking Tiote for £19 million on deadline day.

Woodward is a tool.

So no one in England, except maybe Jose, is interested in signing such a talent as Cesc Fabregas? LVG must have something seriously special lined up.

HoaYX9W.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The guardian saying Arsenal are out and Chelsea are in negotiations for Fabregas

#where'sWoody

Is he gone off on in that plane again? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

This place is worse than the official agents twitter account for rumours #WorldExclusive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

This place is worse than the official agents twitter account for rumours #WorldExclusive

"This just in... go **** yourself"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We are not in for Fabregas just like we were never getting Kroos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Timmyctc wrote: »
    "This just in... go **** yourself"

That does not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

This thread is in meltdown mode already. Pretty pathetic tbh. Some people would want to get a grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

We are not in for Fabregas just like we were never getting Kroos.

Or van Persie or Mata...
    I know it's "cool" to downplay every rumour of a big player coming but sooner or later one of them has to be true. Can't just keep saying that for everybody :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

That does not work.

Why not? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Why not? :(

Because Sky sources didn't say so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Or van Persie or Mata...
    I know it's "cool" to downplay every rumour of a big player coming but sooner or later one of them has to be true. Can't just keep saying that for everybody :pac:

Nothing cool about it, sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

glued wrote: »
    This thread is in meltdown mode already. Pretty pathetic tbh. Some people would want to get a grip.

BUT THAT GUY WITH THE TWITTER SAID THAT THING ABOUT THE PLAYER :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Toobz wrote: »
    Such a shame Moyes wasn't given time..his transfer targets are performing well.

No it's not.

The Glazers grasping the nettle and sacking David Moyes will go down as one of the great moments as it should herald the start of another glorious era.

Thankfully the "we're not a sacking club / give him time" merchants weren't listened to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

lol it's not even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Would love to know what the feck Woodward and LVG are at.

Was there not an acceptance amongst the fans that LVG would be putting ~100% of his efforts into his current mega important job until possibly mid July, and little or no work into his future job. And that he was considered 'worth it' despite that short term negative.

It seems bizarre to ask what is LVG at. Hes plotting some way of getting a draw in the crucial first game against Spain, followed by wins against Chile and Australia which are hopefully enough to win the group and avoid Brazil in the L16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I wonder has LVG locked down the leaks to the press that were so evident before. It seems that all at OT has gone quiet on orders or there is actually nothing going on at all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yada yada. Same was said this time last season and look how that turned out.

German paper Kicker say that Woodward asked about Muller at the UCL final.They say that, at the Champions League final, Edward Woodward spoke to Bayern Munich's Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and 'asked' him for Muller.You can guess what the answer was.

Knowing how our transfers are going,he probably asked for this.
    corner_fridge_0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

zerks wrote: »
    Knowing how our transfers are going,he probably asked for this.
    corner_fridge_0.png

And we probably paid 3-4 times more than the market price for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

''Sky Sources'' saying Chelsea and Barca are in for Koke. Would love him at United but perhaps this means Fabregas isn't as wanted by Chelsea as some say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I have taken the decision that until I see the player being photographed holding up the United shirt and signing a contract I won't allow myself to be taken by rumors...this is gunna be a loooooooooooong summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

adox wrote: »
    Yada yada. Same was said this time last season and look how that turned out.

Its a good thing nothing whatsoever has changed since last summer though.... it's certainly not as if we have a more attractive manager, a Chief-Ex out to prove himself, and a mission to climb out of the hole Moyes put us in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its a good thing nothing whatsoever has changed since last summer though.... it's certainly not as if we have a more attractive manager, a Chief-Ex out to prove himself, and a mission to climb out of the hole Moyes put us in...

You know what else we don't have? Any of the early transfer business that many considered quite important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That reminds me why i hate twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

yermandan wrote: »
    @SkyFootball: Luis Suarez confirms he wants to leave Liverpool this summer.

Thank that's an old tweet that's being retweeted.

Was there not an acceptance amongst the fans that LVG would be putting ~100% of his efforts into his current mega important job until possibly mid July, and little or no work into his future job. And that he was considered 'worth it' despite that short term negative.

It seems bizarre to ask what is LVG at. Hes plotting some way of getting a draw in the crucial first game against Spain, followed by wins against Chile and Australia which are hopefully enough to win the group and avoid Brazil in the L16.
    i didn't say I wanted him concentrating on united business. From all the talk LVG has decided against kroos and fabregas, which is what I'm questioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

You know what else we don't have? Any of the early transfer business that many considered quite important.

Guess that's what happens when you sack a manager and the new guy has different ideas. Perhaps we should have stuck with Moyes. Or let Ed Woodward decide who gets bought and sold!

• Advertisement

Perhaps we should have stuck with Moyes

No thanks!

"Cum on Feel the Noize...Sack David Moyes" is the anthem of the 2013/2014 season.

A nice man but a man that was absolutely out of his depth.

Someone like Carlo Ancellotti stops Ramos during training and says "Sergio, here's an idea...when I played with Franco Baresi and managed Paolo Maldini, they used to try this."

Van Gaal can say to Wayne Rooney, "when I coached Lionel Messi, I said this..."

David Moyes stopped Ferdinand and Vidic and gave then anecdotes about Phil Jagielka...QED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

No thanks!

It was a rhetorical question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

No thanks!

"Cum on Feel the Noize...Sack David Moyes" is the anthem of the 2013/2014 season.

A nice man but a man that was absolutely out of his depth.

Someone like Carlo Ancellotti stops Ramos during training and says "Sergio, here's an idea...when I played with Franco Baresi and managed Paolo Maldini, they used to try this."

Van Gaal can say to Wayne Rooney, "when I coached Lionel Messi, I said this..."

David Moyes stopped Ferdinand and Vidic and gave then anecdotes about Phil Jagielka...QED

Think you have that wrong tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

stankratz wrote: »
    RE: World Cup Sweep Stakes -

NeVer, I am relinquishing my spot in the sweeps, trying Paypal for the last half hour has done nothing but make me frustrated and bring on a mild headache.

Best of luck to whoever takes up my spot.

Thanks for the message.

I'm going to PM the 1st Sub now which is BKtje

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Guess that's what happens when you sack a manager and the new guy has different ideas. Perhaps we should have stuck with Moyes. Or let Ed Woodward decide who gets bought and sold!

Yes thats right. Hoping for some good transfer business early in the window means wanting David Moyes to stay as manager. Well done. :rolleyes:

Its not an either or situation you know. For some reason people are starting to believe that LVG is an insane control freak that won't let a player on the training field unless he was personally there at birth.

Said it a million times, this squad needs a hell of a lot of work done and United simply don't have the luxury of downing tools for a month waiting for LVG to come back from holidays.

But thats just my opinion, and there will always be plenty of people queuing up to say that there is still loads of time.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Think you have that wrong tbh

How so?

My point is that Moyes lacked credibility.

Mourinho, Van Gaal, Ancellotti, Ferguson, etc have gravitas because of what they've achieved in the game.

I'm not trying to be unkind, but Moyes is effectively a nobody compared to the great managers.

Man United Fans World Cup Sweeps

Updated paid list.

--- Player --- |--- Paid --- |--- Team ---
    1: NeVeR | Yes |
    2: Gadge | Yes |
    3: keane2097 | Yes |
    4: Donnielighto | |
    5: LightOfTruth | Yes |
    6: Vertigo100 | Yes |
    7: s.welstead | Yes |
    8: duffman13 | Yes |
    9: irishfeen | Yes |
    10: bucketybuck |Yes |
    11: astradave | Yes |
    12: RasTa | Yes |
    13: ManofStraw | Yes |
    14: LostBoy101 | Yes |
    15: glued | Yes |
    16: Thepoet85 | Yes |
    17: Timmyctc | Yes |
    18: KevIRL | Yes |
    19: scudzilla | Yes |
    20: collie0708 |Yes |
    21: Liam O | Yes |
    22: markc1184 | Yes |
    23: Blatter | Yes |
    24: bennyl10 |Yes |
    25: BKtje| Yes |
    26: Thatsfootball | Yes |
    27: Iago | Yes |
    28: bren2001 | Yes |
    29: ninja900 | Yes |
    30: yermandan | Yes |
    31: Saucy McKetchup |Yes |
    32: Will I Amnt | Yes |

I've decided that this is the final prizes list.

World Cup winner €150
    Runner Up €70

1st Most yellow cards in group stages €20
    1st Red Card €20
    1st OG €20
    1st Peno €20
    Worst goal difference in group stages. €20

1 left to pay. Once we get it I'll do the Draw :D

Just Donnielighto left.
    stankratz has been replaced by BKtje
    I've PM'ed Donnielighto again, They have until tonight to pay them I will be contacting Baldy Conscience to sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Surely the last guy left has had enough time to pay up at this stage? Move it on to the next person I say!

Surely the last guy left has had enough time to pay up at this stage? Move it on to the next person I say!

In the original post I gave until midnight tonight so i have to stick to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

So another day, early morning.. Do we expect anything at all today or another day of nothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Thecon21 wrote: »
    So another day, early morning.. Do we expect anything at all today or another day of nothing?

No, certainly would not expect anything until after the World Cup - bar possibly the Cesc Fabregas rumours gathering pace as newspapers try to fill column space.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/frank-lampard-set-for-new-york-as-jose-mourinho-makes-move-for-cesc-fabregas-30323576.html

Chelsea lining up Cesc Fabregas to replace Frank Lampard...£30m

United said not to be interested.

Sorry, but FFS. Just watch Fabregas next season wherever he ends up. The guy will be world class. Potentially the best midfielder in the country. And we're not interested. The mind boggles.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/frank-lampard-set-for-new-york-as-jose-mourinho-makes-move-for-cesc-fabregas-30323576.html

Sorry, but FFS. Just watch Fabregas next season wherever he ends up. The guy will be world class. Potentially the best midfielder in the country. And we're not interested. The mind boggles.

Maybe there's bad blood over last season..

How do you know Utd aren't interested?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rarnes1 wrote: »
    How do you know Utd aren't interested?

Well, the journalists said so, didn't they. ;)

Anyway...Kagawa at it again on a National level...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement