Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I still haven't seen it, but if it was reckless then you would understand Valencia's reaction being a bit over the top on the eve of a World Cup I suppose

Edit: looks pretty nasty from that vine thing, but I will wait to see it properly. No need for that kind of thing in a friendly just before the tournament though

kryogen wrote: »
    I still haven't seen it, but if it was reckless then you would understand Valencia's reaction being a bit over the top on the eve of a World Cup I suppose
    Giggsy11 wrote: »

There you go..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sterling taking lessons from Gerrard I see

BpUHVEKCUAAiOfe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

There you go..

it looks terrible in that gif..

I was watching it on ITV and to be fair they did show other angles which didn look as bad..

and the commentators thought sterling was hard done by..

anyways there both very lucky there will be no suspensions..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

The tackle was high and he was wildly out of control. Easily a leg breaker if Valencia wasn't able to jump in time.

Valencia's reaction was a definite red.
    The tackle was a definite red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

0028673 wrote: »
    sterling makes a good tackle gets the ball and gets a bit of Valencia.. a free kick at most... valencia over reacts and grabs him by the throat and they both see red..
    Wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Valencia had every right to be livid there, you obviously can't be grabbing lads by the neck though.
    I'm actually fuming that Sterling could go into a tackle like that in a friendly with the World Cup a little over a week away.
    It would have served him right if he snapped his own ankle doing it.

• Advertisement

Just watch Valencia ankle after the tackle is made. Valencia is a lucky boy, thankfully.

Del bosque and pique apparently confirming, by accident, fabregas done to Chelsea.

Costa and fabregas, and united sitting on their hands like usual. Fecking insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye the English commentators and pundits thought he was harsh done by. The World Cup hasn't even started yet and I'm already sick of the english media.

It was a horrible tackle and deserved a red any day of the week. Valencia's reaction was stupid and he obviously deserved to go but that is not relevant to the fact that Sterling's tackle was very dangerous and he deserved to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Wtf?

hands up I was wrong.. first replay of it i thought he gets the ball and than gets a bit of valencia.. i've seen the other angles and it's a very poor challenge especially in a friendly..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Rooney playing from the right is an inspired decision. I called it first.

He was wasted out there. He needs to play up front for England. There is no other option imo.
    kryogen wrote: »
    So does Sterling have "a bit of bite about him" or does he just have "a bit of dirt in him"?

total cowards tackle imo. Knew there was no fear of getting hurt and could have put a player out of the world cup.
    it looks terrible in that gif..

I was watching it on ITV and to be fair they did show other angles which didn look as bad..

anyways there both very lucky there will be no suspensions..

Ya i'm sure if the tackle was on any of the precious english players they'd have a different tune. No defence of that tackle, look at the distance from where he starts making the tackle from there to the ball. Token effort to get the ball imo and definitely a red.

Red is fair for the retailiation too imo.

Del bosque and pique apparently confirming, by accident, fabregas done to Chelsea.

Costa and fabregas, and united sitting on their hands like usual. Fecking insane.

Apparently Pique said Fabregas was sold for 33 Million but didn't mention to which club

Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117 · 3m
    Fàbregas is off to England, reports that Arsenal didn't activate the buyout clause. Who signed him? MCFC, CFC and MUFC the main candidates.

Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117 · 1m
    Del Bosque was caught on video when Piqué was telling him that Cesc was sold for €33m, everything points that it's already confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

If Valencia tackled Sterling like that the ITV lads would have gone into meltdown mode.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Heap, Woodward is sitting in his office twiddling his thumbs and looking up pictures of cats :rolleyes:

Apparently Pique said Fabregas was sold for 33 Million but didn't mention to which club

Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117 · 3m

Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117 · 1m

To Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Heap, Woodward is sitting in his office twiddling his thumbs and looking up pictures of cats :rolleyes:

Ed is probably going through the World Cup 90 sticker album as we speak :)

"Think I might make a bid for Dunga"

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

"He could have killed him"

• Advertisement

In fairness, he is probably hard at work on some more sponsorship deals, they're the important things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

After his previous leg break on the touchline against Rangers in the CL, Val is probably on edge whenever a tackle like that goes in.
    That on top of potentially missing the WC in his home continent probably excuses the OTT reaction.

Agueroooo wrote: »

No, but he could have put him out of the WC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Agueroooo wrote: »

?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

33 Million for Cesc is unbelievable - Chelsea are now just pulling away from us in terms of quality :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So who are we signing.........

Is it September yet?

So who are we signing.........

Is it September yet?

This summers version of fellaini would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 1m

No team re Cesc mentioned but Pique clearly says "He has told me it's already done... yeah, he's gone. 33m, he told me."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Chelsea get Diego Costa and now possibly get Fabregas all for great prices on the same f**king day and woodward is probably in his office negotiating sponsership deals

This summers version of fellaini would be my guess.

So what's the excuse this summer? Van Gaal was to busy with Holland?

• Advertisement

Chelsea get Diego Costa and now possibly get Fabregas all for great prices on the same f**king day and woodward is probably in his office negotiating sponsership deals
    Its just a continuation of the same old s.hite - fcuking hell like :(

So what's the excuse this summer? Van Gaal was to busy with Holland?

That and it's a World Cup year, always tough to do deals.

For such a big club, ran so well commercially it really is a farce how we manage the on the pitch stuff.

If it is Chelsea he's gone to they don't even need him ffs. I think what makes it even worse is never mind the fact we seriously need a player or two in that position but he was shown the door we wanted him last year what **** changed?

What is it with United and transfer windows.

Sure we are grand. Cleverley is still a young fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

we wanted him last year what **** changed?

Take a wild guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If it is Chelsea he's gone to they don't even need him ffs. I think what makes it even worse is never mind the fact we seriously need a player or two in that position but he was shown the door we wanted him last year what **** changed?

What is it with United and transfer windows.

Maybe he just doesn't want to play for United???
    You can't force players to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's definitely Chelsea, a few places were saying earlier that the fee was agreed and just personal terms were left

Which makes sense with what Del Bosque and Pique gave away

City and Chelsea pulling away from the rest now IMO

Sure we are grand. Cleverley is still a young fella.

CommentPhotos.com_1394902330.jpg

;)

You could try though, you know, make an offer and see what happens and every single indication on this is that united made no move at all.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I doubt Chelsea is high up his list either.

Money talks.

It's definitely Chelsea, a few places were saying earlier that the fee was agreed and just personal terms were left

Which makes sense with what Del Bosque and Pique gave away

City and Chelsea pulling away from the rest now IMO
    Yeah and tbh even a few more seem to be even pulling away from us at the minute too...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You could try though, you know, make an offer and see what happens and every single indication on this is that united made no move at all.

I would firmly believe we did and were promptly told he wasn't interested, and that it was decided it was better to pretend we didn't.

But I realise that doesn't fit with the idea of Woodward people want to paint though...far better to pretend he is doing nothing...

This is what you get when you sit on your arse for 3-4 seasons and do sweet FA about problems that are going to catch up with you.

I still think we will do ok in Transfer market though.

I would firmly believe we did and were promptly told he wasn't interested, and that it was decided it was better to pretend we didn't.

But I realise that doesn't fit with the idea of Woodward people want to paint though...far better to pretend he is doing nothing...

Beyond your own internal thoughts, do you have absolutely anything to base that on? All the press and fanzine snouts say united have shown no interest in him, but if you have some hint at another angle I'd love to hear it.

This is what you get when you sit on your arse for 3-4 seasons and do sweet FA about problems that are going to catch up with you.

Would love to have something to base such faith on. United seem to be at sea again, already.

• Advertisement

I'm actually getting uneasy now, direct rivals are strengthening in areas which let them down last season - United finished 7th and don't seem even close to completing a signing of any real note.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Unless Fabregas is coming to us and Woodward has just played his cards close to his chest...

We are being left in City and Chelsea's wake...even Liverpool are strengthening while we just f..k around.

Why isn't the Shaw deal done yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Lads, lads Calm down.

We are Man United..
    We don't just sign players......

Would love to have something to base such faith on. United seem to be at sea again, already.
    irishfeen wrote: »
    I'm actually getting uneasy now, direct rivals are strengthening in areas which let them down last season - United finished 7th and don't seem even close to completing a signing of any real note.

I still think we will pull out 1 big name and few other decent buys.

I never bought into the Kroos machine and Cesc was never happening imo, so I was never as disappointed as some and still think we have targets and will get a few of them.

Maybe im too optimistic. If its like this come 1st of August I be ****ting a brick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, everyone needs to cool the jets about Fabregas. I heard we are getting Pot Noodle as our Official European Noodle Supplier...good times ahead.

Chelsea check where they need reinforcements. They need a replacement for Lampard and a striker.

They get Fabregas and Costa.

Clinical transfer dealing making United look like fcuking halfwits. Again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement