Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Keep calm and all will end well

LVG will deliver.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

LVG will deliver.

YOU KNOOOOOOWWWWWWWW SOMETHING>>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Robson99 wrote: »
    Gazza was an all rounder imo. More attack minded than defensive but perfect player in a middle two. Probably himself and Shearer are the only two players im sorry we never signed.

I would have to say Zidane and Ronaldo :)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    YOU KNOOOOOOWWWWWWWW SOMETHING>>>>

Im taking optimistic route till August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

LVG will deliver.

yes he will.

surprised people are even suggesting moyes with some big name signings would be a better choice than lvg. Very short sighted and championship manager.

Even if LvG isn't a complete success in his three years at the club, he will lay down the foundation for his predecessor and introduce a football philosophy that's been missing for the past 4 or so years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

LVG will deliver.

Stop it Kew

No-Tease-Zone-Posters.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Just Dave showing his mates how to hold to the ball from a cross

BpbB1NLCIAA9Gxb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Paddy Power just posted this link of Januzaj belter in training <3
    Jan has eye for goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Just Dave showing his mates how to hold to the ball from a cross

BpbB1NLCIAA9Gxb.jpg

The Spanish media have been fapping all week about De Gea. Future captain, could easily replace Casilias etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

glued wrote: »
    The Spanish media have been fapping all week about De Gea. Future captain, could easily replace Casilias etc.

And then they'll start on about bringing him back to Spain, same way they did with Fabregas.

DDG should be the first-choice keeper for them at the WC, but they will go with Casillas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

News that Ribery will miss the world cup has brought a smile to my face today. Am I a bad person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Macca07 wrote: »
    And then they'll start on about bringing him back to Spain, same way they did with Fabregas.

DDG should be the first-choice keeper for them at the WC, but they will go with Casillas.

When you hear him talk you get the impression he REALLY likes United, and appreciates the work he's doing with the coaches there are making him into a world class keeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

kryogen wrote: »
    News that Ribery will miss the world cup has brought a smile to my face today. Am I a bad person?

I can't stand the guy for a multitude of reasons, so i was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

LVG will deliver.

Unfortunately the opposite has always been the case where LVG has been involved. It will be no different at United. It will all end in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Nope. Talented as he is, he's a detestable player. On a par with Robben for diving at every opportunity.

• Advertisement

Heor Kew.

Don't see you on my posativity couch!

So cut the ****, what do you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

kstand wrote: »
    Unfortunately the opposite has always been the case where LVG has been involved. It will be no different at United. It will all end in tears.

Didn't his Ajax team stroll to the Champions League undefeated? Honestly, people post the most bizzare things in this thread.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Didn't his Ajax team stroll to the Champions League undefeated? Honestly, people post the most bizzare things in this thread.

How many years ago was that? He was in Holland then. There have been problems and bust ups everywhere he went after. Same will happen at OT.

How many years ago was that? He was in Holland then. There have been problems and bust ups everywhere he went after. Same will happen at OT.

Hopefully he busts up Evra to the point he can't play anymore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Look how Barca and Bayern play now due to his influence, I couldn't care less if he spat on a player and left as long as we end up better off than before.

• Advertisement

Look how Barca and Bayern play now due to his influence, I couldn't care less if he spat on a player and left as long as we end up better off than before.

????? He is in some way responsible for how Barca play now??

Depends on the level of control he is given tbh

????? He is in some way responsible for how Barca play now??

Ah, so you're coming from a position where you have no idea what you're talking about. Makes more sense now cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hopefully he busts up Evra to the point he can't play anymore...

no we don't hope that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

We could end up left with going for someone like Cambiasso on a free to sort out our midfield problems at this rate.
    Better than Cleverley i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Anyone know if this guy is a gob****e or not?
    Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 12m
    I can confirm, from reliable sources in Germany and England, that Manchester United are VERY keen on getting Schweinsteiger
    #mufc
    1/2

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 11m
    I understand Man UTD have already talked to Bayern about Schweinsteiger. - van Gaal loves him....
    #mufc
    2/2

I would be wary of signing The Schwein now, he hasn't been the same player due to injury, and he is not getting any younger/would cost a good bit and wages would be pretty high.....I would have loved him 4 years ago, but I think the ship has sailed there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I would be wary of signing The Schwein now, he hasn't been the same player due to injury, and he is not getting any younger/would cost a good bit and wages would be pretty high.....I would have loved him 4 years ago, but I think the ship has sailed there

Ya its not a move that would get me terribly excited. I think he would improve our midfield but hes 30 in two months. Its a real short term solution.

I hope we're not in for a summer of LVG going after all his former playing staff. Obviously managers like to go with players they know and trust but if LVG is saying no to players like Fabregas in favour a player like Schweinsteiger then thats pretty fúcking annoying.

TheTownie wrote: »

He's been pretty accurate from what i've seen in the last 4 months.

bangkok wrote: »
    no we don't hope that

846205.jpg

• Advertisement

I think he'd be a good signing, bags of experience, strong leader, still an improvement over all our CMs, albeit not by loads anymore.

No name in this world screams more of " I will **** up your ****" than someone named Schweinsteiger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

29, few years left in him yet and I wonder what kind of price will he go for?
    10-15 maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Gutted about Fabregas if the Chelsea links are true, he'd be my number one dream signing this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

fergie had plenty of bust ups he did ok for us

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know Schwein is getting on but he'd still be an incredible boost to our midfield, and while it's only a short term fix, there'll have to be a few of those this summer; great if we get Shaw as he's a long term, and Schwein means we don't need to blow another 40-50m straight off the bat on an unproven player.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

I don't think United is the best place for a young player either anymore. In the mid to late 90s, yes, it was the best place, but United also need that instant success, and that is evident by the lack of players that come from our youth team to the first team. I think the B team idea is a great way forward for English football, Spain have it with a long time.

So many interesting posts today its hard to reply to them all. Esp by phone. I see your point and its a good one but I still think Utd do it a little better than most. Adnan for instance was managed well. Credit Moyes with that.

With the Rodwell example we would definitely have managed him better. We were very strong at the time and had a bullet proof manager. Could have allowed him to bed in.

Where I think you have a strong point is going forward. Having fallen back will another Utd manager be given the leaway to build over time? Id hope so and thats one of the reasons I wanted VG, he has a background of developing young talent and has the status to withstand short term dips in performance. At least I hope so. Wouldn't like becoming another City, PSG or Chelsea. Part of the enjoyment of being a Utd supporter is watching good young players come through.

I don't think United is the best place for a young player either anymore. In the mid to late 90s, yes, it was the best place, but United also need that instant success, and that is evident by the lack of players that come from our youth team to the first team. I think the B team idea is a great way forward for English football, Spain have it with a long time.

So many interesting posts today its hard to reply to them all. Esp by phone. I see your point and its a good one but I still think Utd do it a little better than most. Adnan for instance was managed well. Credit Moyes with that.

With the Rodwell example we would definitely have managed him better. We were very strong at the time and had a bullet proof manager. Could have allowed him to bed in.

Where I think you have a strong point is going forward. Having fallen back will another Utd manager be given the leaway to build over time? Id hope so and thats one of the reasons I wanted VG, he has a background of developing young talent and has the status to withstand short term dips in performance. At least I hope so. Wouldn't like becoming another City, PSG or Chelsea. Part of the enjoyment of being a Utd supporter is watching good young players come through.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In other news, Anders Lindergaard apparently got wed today...

NJQFVZZ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

In other news, Anders Lindergaard apparently got wed today...

NJQFVZZ.jpg

Is that Heston Blumental as his best man :pac:

Thats a fine beach.

because last summer (and to a lesser extent previous summers) showed that United cannot get multiple deals done at the one time and then we end up signing players in a panic buy scenario like Fellaini and Mata***. it takes us months to sign deals that other clubs get done in weeks.

in one sense no, you are not naive as it should in theory be a straight forward business but in the United sense yes you are, weve not done anything in recent years to suggest we can go out and sign several top world class players in a the space of a few weeks. its just not in our capability to do it, especially once it hits August.

***to be clear on mata, i am delighted we signed him but it was £37.4million that should have been spent on a world class midfielder first and foremost and we already have several players like him in the squad/first team.

with every passing week, the likelyhood of this happening gets lesser and lesser especially with the WC happening.

Fair points but I've this sneaky suspicion we'll pull off some 'shock and awe' type signing blitz this summer for some reason. Really asert ourselves. Would be fantastic to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

TheDoc wrote: »
    No name in this world screams more of " I will **** up your ****" than someone named Schweinsteiger.

No name is better to scream at the TV... and if he signs for United... scream in person!

SCHWEIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNSTIEGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Manchester United keen on Schweinsteiger. Well no ****. I'm guessing they're keen on lots of world class players.

Do people actually expect a bid to be made for Schweinsteiger, expect a bid to be accepted and expect Bastian wanting to join?

He would need to leave his native land, leave the dominant team in Germany who will be competing for the Champions League. All to join Manchester United. Yes, a famous club but at the moment are in serious transition, without Champions League next season. They most likely won't win the title next year and probably will be off the pace as serious contenders for the Champions League. Yeah, makes perfect sense.

The club should just raid Barcelona's midfield and Real Madrid's attack while they're at it. Future sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

TheTownie wrote: »

we probably are keen, but we have been keen to sign about 20 players in the last year and delivered on none of our top target apart from Mata.

being keen is of course the first sign, but delivering the deal is another. having Van Gaal though makes it more possible though we dont know how their relationship is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Any news today lads and ladies? haven't checked in since early this morning..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Its a bit laughable we havent signed anyone 6 days before the start of the World Cup when we got all the talk of doing our business early.

I'd be shocked if we signed anyone significant before or during the World Cup.

we might get 1 singing but yes it looks most likely that it will be after WC

just imagine this time next month and still no signings...get good mental image of that:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

GSPfan wrote: »
    Its a bit laughable we havent signed anyone 6 days before the start of the World Cup when we got all the talk of doing our business early.

I'd be shocked if we signed anyone significant before or during the World Cup.

honestly, I reckon if we still had Moyes in charge we'd have made at least one signing, probably two, and be on the track for me. Kroos, Shaw and Carvalho would be my guesses. I think LVG ripping up our transfer work already done has started us over again

MagicIRL wrote: »
    No name is better to scream at the TV... and if he signs for United... scream in person!

SCHWEIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNSTIEGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everytime I say his name its in a Ronnie Whelan voice

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement