Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Surprised no one has asked how Andersons back is? :)

GSPfan wrote: »

Who?? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

GSPfan wrote: »

Probably killing him.

Gundogan has a belly because he has a bad back.
    Anderson has a bad back because he has a huge belly. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Mars Bar wrote: »
    This looks to be his real account. I think he's just having us on!

Hacked?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Reedsie wrote: »
    Hacked?

I love his use of the phrase "my bruver"...quintessentially Parisian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

no more pathetic than the obsessive defense you've been leading of him for the last 12 months.

He joined two months ago though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

He joined two months ago though.

ya, of course he did...im amazed how naive people are on here when it comes to "new" posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

ya, of course he did...im amazed how naive people are on here when it comes to "new" posters.

No re-reg speculation please.

He's not really speculating though, is he? He's positive. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Any back injury is a horrible injury.

He prob being lying on marbles for weeks.

• Advertisement

No re-reg speculation please.

there is no speculation at all, its already been clarified by some posters that they are not new posters and they have listed off which accounts they had in the past.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This looks to be his real account. I think he's just having us on!

I can't see Pogba ever joining United again.

I saw a headline a week or so ago quoting Pogba as saying his time at united was the worst in his career, or something to that effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

stankratz wrote: »
    Look lads, I'm not saying he is in great shape or anything like it, just a bit bewildered how us experts here are so quick to point out and judge that a player who hasn't been active for more or less a whole season, one with a serious back injury, has now some excess stomach weight.

Not sure what you mean by this? We can be quick to point it out because its freaking obvious, the man has a beer gut. You can see it, its right there!

Maybe it can be explained away but thats not weight gain from a lack of activity, thats a bad diet beer gut. It's not passing judgment, just stating a fact.

Not naivety. Just not particularly bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

kaleidoscopes of death

I saw a headline a week or so ago quoting Pogba as saying his time at united was the worst in his career, or something to that effect.

There are a few reports suggesting he wants to return to the Premiership.

It looks like it would cost a huge fee to get him, which will put many off. I'm guessing Chelsea will get Fabregas which would potentially put us and City as the contenders.

Potentially...

Not naivety. Just not particularly bothered.

obviously bothered enough though to comment on it and bring up the debate?

Reedsie wrote: »
    There are a few reports suggesting he wants to return to the Premiership.

You'd wonder why considering he barely if ever played in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

• Advertisement

You'd wonder why considering he barely if ever played in it.

I can't answer that. Maybe he got a taste for it. Maybe it's to be closer to his brother.

In a recent interview with BBC he was quoted as saying:
    “I love Man United, I learned a lot there and they make me improve, and give me something to come here and play for Juventus.
    I thank Man United every day because I learned there, training with big players, which gave me experience to come here and get used to playing alongside big players like Pirlo, Arturo Vidal, Marchisio and Buffon.

The Sunday Express go with:
    Louis Van Gaal wants £60m man Paul Pogba BACK at Manchester United

/stirring

Not sure what you mean by this? We can be quick to point it out because its freaking obvious, the man has a beer gut. You can see it, its right there!

Maybe it can be explained away but thats not weight gain from a lack of activity, thats a bad diet beer gut. It's not passing judgment, just stating a fact.

So you know all of the above as fact, it is that he has been out on the beer constantly and that is why he has a gut. Can you explain to me how you know this as fact please??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

That was a Daily Mail article but the interview was fake.

Its fair to say though that publicly Pogba hasn't shown much love for Utd.

EDIT: Although just seen that BBC quote where he showing some love. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

It must have been a drag race as he can't handle corners, brilliant.

On that, it seems that came out in a Daily Mail Article:
    ... and the worst moment?
    My time at Manchester United. Of course when you are at such a big club you understand you need to be patient for your chance, but I did not feel respected or valued as a player or a man.

Pogba has since released a statement:
    The Daily Mail has falsely attributed words to Paul that are causing social media reaction.
    Paul wishes to say he has never been interviewed by the Daily Mail, SportsMail or [journalist] Mr David Kent, who he is happy to have never met.

Paul reserves the right to take all appropriate legal actions.

The Pogfamily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wish Pogba sues them for millions.

• Advertisement

obviously bothered enough though to comment on it and bring up the debate?

I made a point, you're the one that's debating now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Regarding Strootman didn't we sign another Dutch man from his hospital bed?

seen a point being discussed elsewhere that part of the reason why the Glazers went for Van Gaal is that he fits their mould of not wanting to spend big money which was what Moyes was supposed to do.

they will give him some money to spend, but they believe he can bring back success without major investment as its not his philosophy.

makes sense though of course im sure some of you will disagree with it. risky gamble in my opinion.

stankratz wrote: »
    So you know all of the above as fact, it is that he has been out on the beer constantly and that is why he has a gut. Can you explain to me how you know this as fact please??

I said he has a bad diet beer gut and you ask how I know this fact? Is your eyesight ok? Strangely enough I know this because I looked at this photo with my eyes open.
    TheTownie wrote: »
    Gundogan not in the best of shape.

BpnR-MICEAAjXog.jpg

That there, just below his man boobs, is a beer gut. This isn't subjective interpretation, it is a beer belly, like it or lump it. People typically get them from eating rich food or drinking beer. People with healthy diets find it harder to achieve what is commonly known as the beer belly, you need to eat a hell of a lot of celery to get that look.

seen a point being discussed elsewhere that part of the reason why the Glazers went for Van Gaal is that he fits their mould of not wanting to spend big money which was what Moyes was supposed to do.

they will give him some money to spend, but they believe he can bring back success without major investment as its not his philosophy.

makes sense though of course im sure some of you will disagree with it. risky gamble in my opinion.

ah sure I thought we had 200million to spend;)

• Advertisement

ah sure I thought we had 200million to spend;)

we do in our bollix. the club has put that out there as a PR exercise to brainwash fans and it looks like it worked with alot of people.

I said he has a bad diet beer gut and you ask how I know this fact? Is your eyesight ok? Strangely enough I know this because I looked at this photo with my eyes open.

That there, just below his man boobs, is a beer gut. This isn't subjective interpretation, it is a beer belly, like it or lump it. People typically get them from eating rich food or drinking beer. People with healthy diets find it harder to achieve what is commonly known as the beer belly, you need to eat a hell of a lot of celery to get that look.

And you're asking if my eyesight is ok.

we do in our bollix. the club has put that out there as a PR exercise to brainwash fans and it looks like it worked with alot of people.

I totally agree. its not the only thing they have brainwashed people with though.

100million summer will be good summer. I reckon in around 80m will be spent in summer

drinking beer.

Muslim drinking beer? its the rich food I say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Muslim drinking beer? its the rich food I say

Roids can also contribute to the belly. Corticosteriods (ones usually used for back issues) really **** with your metabolic rate and it also ****s up how your body deposits fat and usually deposits fat on the belly

Rich food on top of that would be a killer though

NTMK wrote: »
    Roids can also contribute to the belly. Corticosteriods (ones usually used for back issues) really **** with your metabolic rate and it also ****s up how your body deposits fat and usually deposits fat on the belly

Rich food on top of that would be a killer though

ya those would add on the pounds alright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A professional athlete that suddenly has to stop training is likely to put on weight.

You don't need rich food or beer to have a calorie surplus and increase body fat either.

Gundogens weight is a strange topic for a United thread when we have Rooney and Anderson on the books :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I couldn't see Utd signing Pogba for any price.

It would a huge slap into the face for Fergie and the club after letting him go on a free less than 2 years ago.

Letting Pogba go is one Fergie's biggest ever mistakes IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Has Welbeck got some info on you that you want kept a secret? He wouldn't be in the top 50 players in the league.

Name 50 better players, genuinely interested to see this.

kryogen wrote: »

he wouldnt/shouldnt get into the first 11 at Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United so theres 55 right there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

kryogen wrote: »

I don't particularly agree but I'm gonna try have a go here too.
    In no particular order

1. RvP
    2. Rooney
    3. DdG
    4. Rafael
    5. Ozil
    6. Arteta
    7. Ramsey
    8. Podolski (on the fence on this one)
    9. Ivanovic
    10. Hazard
    11. Oscar
    12. Mata
    13. Kagawa
    14. Coleman
    15. Petr Cech
    16. Lukaku
    17. Ross Barkley
    18. Yannick Sagbo (I don't rate him at all. Love the name though)
    19. Suarez
    20. Coutinho
    21. Sturridge
    22. Kompany
    23. Zabaleta
    24. Negredo
    25. Dzeko
    26. Aguero
    27. Navas
    28. Silva
    29. Yaya Touré
    30. Kolarov (Gorgeous man)
    31. Javier Hernandez
    32. Lallana
    33. Shaw
    34. Vorm
    35. Lamela
    36. Holtby
    37. Ravel Morrison

So off the top of my very, very hungover head. There's 37 better players than Danny Welbeck in the league.

he wouldnt/shouldnt get into the first 11 at Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United so theres 55 right there.

Jesus. Some logic on ye there. Iker Casillas wouldn't get into 10/11 positions in those teams you've just listed so thats 50 players better than him between them sides.?

This is actually a myth...or misconception.

The term "beer belly" comes from the belly being round and looking like a barrel or keg of beer would. Beer is not that fattening.

He is fat likely because he could not exercise at all due to his bad back coupled with a bad diet. Alcohol would have played little part in it.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Jesus. Some logic on ye there. Iker Casillas wouldn't get into 10/11 positions in those teams you've just listed so thats 50 players better than him between them sides.?

so by your baffling and absolutely idiotic logic, if you picked a list of the top 50 best players in the league, no goal keepers can be included?

would Danny Welbeck get a game at full back or centerback so? good god man, you should really put some thought into your posting before you go out and try to have a pop at somebody.

50 players eh? I will give it a go.

For Starters

Mata
    Rooney
    Rio
    DDG
    Kagawa
    Chico
    Evans
    Rafael
    RVP
    Carrick

YAYA
    Nasri
    Silva
    Hart
    Kompany
    Zabelata
    Aguero
    Dezko
    Negredo
    Milner

Gerrard
    Suarez
    Sterling
    Sturridge
    Courtinho
    Henderson
    Flanagan
    Skrtel
    Levia
    Agger

Ozil
    Giroud
    Ramsey
    Wilshere
    Walcott
    Sagna
    ox
    Mertesacker
    vermaelan
    Sagna

hazard
    Lampard
    Oscar
    Terry
    Cech
    Cahill
    Azpilcueta
    Schurrle
    Torres
    Cole

Christ I could do another 50 at this rate..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Timmyctc wrote: »

So off the top of my very, very hungover head. There's 37 better players than Danny Welbeck in the league.
    You might want to lay off the drink so as you're embarrassing yourself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

so by your baffling and absolutely idiotic logic, if you picked a list of the top 50 best players in the league, no goal keepers can be included?

would Danny Welbeck get a game at full back or centerback so? good god man, you should really put some thought into your posting before you go out and try to have a pop at somebody.

Thats not the point he made at all.

He is saying Welbeck is a better footballer than Evra for example which throws your original point out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man I wish we had a new transfer to talk about :(

I'm not sure if you're starting out and actively trying to be stupid or if it comes completely naturally to you. You said because Welbeck wouldn't get into their team all 11 players are better than him. Welbeck is a better footballer than Glen Johnson for example. But you wouldn't start Welbeck at Right back? (Well a smart person wouldn't, you might)

• Advertisement

K4t wrote: »
    You might want to lay off the drink so as you're embarrassing yourself.

Was merely an exercise to pass the time (Fwiw there's only 36 players better than him on my list as Yannick Sagbo is a funny name to say, nothing more)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement