Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Comparing Welbeck to goalkeepers is utterly ****ing retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Comparing Welbeck to goalkeepers is utterly ****ing retarded.

Its not comparing his skill set but his overall talent in his position. For example. Buffon is a better player in his position than Welbeck is in his.

ALSO I'm hungover as **** so it passes the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

he wouldnt/shouldnt get into the first 11 at Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United so theres 55 right there.
    so by your baffling and absolutely idiotic logic, if you picked a list of the top 50 best players in the league, no goal keepers can be included?

would Danny Welbeck get a game at full back or centerback so? good god man, you should really put some thought into your posting before you go out and try to have a pop at somebody.

Its strange that these two posts are from the same username.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Its not comparing his skill set but his overall talent in his position. For example. Buffon is a better player in his position than Welbeck is in his.

ALSO I'm hungover as **** so it passes the day.
    Yes, but they would never have to compete for a place on the team, so how good one is compared to the other is completely irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 3m
    Wrote in Observer today that #MUFC have been quoted £60m for Paul Pogba. Ed Woodward in touch with Juventus several times over last year

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 2m
    That's a lot of money and obviously up to LVG now if United persevere. Moyes confirms in Sunday Times that Pogba was a target

Daniel Taylor @DTguardian · 2m
    Moyes: "If it were possible, I would have tried to bring him back." #MUFC recognise they made a big mistake losing him two years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

is it that time of the month again for some of ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Thats not the point he made at all.

He is saying Welbeck is a better footballer than Evra for example which throws your original point out the window.

no, his point is complete and utter f*cking nonsense. you cannot compare footballers by position when compiling a list of best players. there are at least 55 (and the reality is there are upwards of 70+) players currently playing for the top teams in England who are better than Welbeck. Glen Johnson is a better footballer than him, as is David De Gea and every other player out there in those 5 teams that i have mentioned.

and for what its worth, Patrice Evra is a much better football than Danny Welbeck ever will be.

Yes, but they would never have to compete for a place on the team, so how good one is compared to the other is completely irrelevant.

Yeah but when deciding whether or not there are 50 better players than him firing in GK's bumps up the numbers and makes you less likely to have to select Yannick Sagbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

City set to bid for Pepe instead of Mangala? Leaving United as favourites??

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/08/united-in-the-clear-to-sign-35m-defender-as-city-look-elsewhere/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/08/united-in-the-clear-to-sign-35m-defender-as-city-look-elsewhere/

Pepe lol

Love if that was true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

The Gundogen stuff here is curious...if you work full time and spend your evenings battling on the internet with the odd game of 5 a side you're going to find it hard to shift a bit of a gut, but if you are a pro athlete with nothing else to do bar train and rest I'd expect he'll get rid of that in 2 or 3 weeks once he goes full gas on the rehab. He's obviously been told he's a bit away from a comeback.

Also, consider as an athlete he will have a diet geared towards high calorie throughput with a lot of protein..he wouldn't have to have a 'bad' diet to put on weight, he just probably hasn't adjusted his portions to his current inactivity.

Ya and the steroids will do it too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

no, his point is complete and utter f*cking nonsense. you cannot compare footballers by position when compiling a list of best players. there are at least 55 (and the reality is there are upwards of 70+) players currently playing for the top teams in England who are better than Welbeck. Glen Johnson is a better footballer than him, as is David De Gea and every other player out there in those 5 teams that i have mentioned.

and for what its worth, Patrice Evra is a much better football than Danny Welbeck ever will be.
    If you truly believe this (which I don't think you do) then you know nothing about football.

Also, Welbeck is as good as most of the players on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

If Utd wanted him it would probably take them until this time next year to make a deal with the various parties that have a piece of Mangala.

Metro saying we've bid for Sanchez,would love to see him at United and see the back of Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Kirby wrote: »
    This is actually a myth...or misconception.

The term "beer belly" comes from the belly being round and looking like a barrel or keg of beer would. Beer is not that fattening.

He is fat likely because he could not exercise at all due to his bad back coupled with a bad diet. Alcohol would have played little part in it.

You had me at 'beer is not that fattening'!

The most positive thing ive seen on here in months. He said as he cracked open a can of Heino!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Kirby wrote: »
    This is actually a myth...or misconception.

The term "beer belly" comes from the belly being round and looking like a barrel or keg of beer would. Beer is not that fattening.

He is fat likely because he could not exercise at all due to his bad back coupled with a bad diet. Alcohol would have played little part in it.

You had me at 'beer is not that fattening'!

The most positive thing ive seen on here in months. He said as he cracked open a can of Heino!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Metro saying we've bid for Sanchez,would love to see him at United and see the back of Young.

Quality player. Would be a great addition even if we had to give 25-30 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

The people at old trafford should offer Clarence Seedorf a contract at old trafford tonight after watching socceraid!! He still got it ! Would be better than cleverley!

Robson99 wrote: »
    Quality player. Would be a great addition even if we had to give 25-30 million

Fee being quoted is £20 million.We really need quality on the wings,our reliance on Januzaj last season was almost laughable.The default out ball was a diagonal to the wings which normally led to moves breaking down as we had a kid or 2 fellas who couldn't cross a ball to save their lives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The people at old trafford should offer Clarence Seedorf a contract at old trafford tonight after watching socceraid!! He still got it ! Would be better than cleverley!

All we have to do is get the other teams to swap all their good players for old, retired players and celebrities...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Fee being quoted is £20 million.We really need quality on the wings,our reliance on Januzaj last season was almost laughable.The default out ball was a diagonal to the wings which normally led to moves breaking down as we had a kid or 2 fellas who couldn't cross a ball to save their lives.

Hes a steal at that price. Can see him having a big WC along with Vidal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What do we make of the tweet Pogba's brother put our earlier?

Is it just a pure troll tweet? At 60million though I would be inclined to leave him in Turin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Regarding the Gundogan pictures:

There is no way and no point debating how he got the belly. It could be from bread as much as it was beer. Doesn't matter.

He can shift that in 12 weeks with a calorie controlled high protein diet eating 6 small meals a day and training like a pro athlete. I've done it for stuff in the past. Its not something you can do forever but once you are back at normal weight you can eat more.

So anyway..... We signing Pogba or what?!

Spanish press saying that LVG has spoken to Kroos about a move to United,perhaps all this talk of "not interested" is just smoke & mirrors.

Schweinsteiger and Kroos in our midfield......iconsex-poundit.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Can ye take the world cup best 11 to the world cup thread?

Can ye take the socceraid talk to the socceraid thread? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So today, we're going to have Kroos, Pogba, Sanchez and Schweinsteiger in our team next season :rolleyes:

Add in Vidal and Kono from the last few days and I guess that covers the 200m or so we supposidly have :P

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

dahat wrote: »
    What do we make of the tweet Pogba's brother put our earlier?

Is it just a pure troll tweet? At 60million though I would be inclined to leave him in Turin.

https://twitter.com/crewealexfc/status/475748691106877440

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Van Persie says he's been playing in pain for the last 5 years.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/van-persie-ik-speel-al-vijf-jaar-met-pijn-.htm

"Robin van Persie said to be the first group match of Orange against Spain next Friday in Salvador ready. "You can feel the jitters, with me, with everyone."

>>The captain of the Dutch national team struggled in recent days with some complaints to his groin, but accomplished today with no problems training. "You can not even call it an injury," said Van Persie, "but in consultation with the staff, we have agreed that I had to take it easy on Saturday and would fully train again today. That went without a hitch. I'm just fit for Spain. I've been playing for five years with pain, I can not remember a game where I had suffered from nowhere. "

>>Van Persie is looking forward to meeting with the reigning world and European champion. "I look forward to playing against them. In my view, Spain is still the best team in the world, but I wonder how they come up for the day. It's almost the same team as four years ago (when Orange in South Africa lost the World Cup final against Spain), but in football you always have a moment when you still have to select through once. We will ensure that we are ready for Spain. They are very good, but so are we. "

>>According to Van Persie's game begins to live in the squad of Orange. "The focus is *on*," says the captain. "That you notice little things, the topics of conversation at the hotel. If you're just coming in, there's often a little loose, jolly atmosphere, but now it's just about football. We have fantastic meetings and that gives a really good feeling. That focus, you also need to perform. "

>>The system according to Van Persie is not an issue. "I play ten years in England and Orange and have had many trainers and systems played. There are more roads lead to success. The best system in my opinion is the system that best suits the players. The coach explained why we are going to play 5-3-2, and that all sounds very logical. I am glad that it is about to begin, that Spain is getting closer. You can feel those jitters, with me, with everyone. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

So today, we're going to have Kroos, Pogba, Sanchez and Schweinsteiger in our team next season :rolleyes:

Add in Vidal and Kono from the last few days and I guess that covers the 200m or so we supposidly have :P

Woodward will end up signing you for 200 million instead though ROFLMAO

Unearthly wrote: »
    Woodward will end up signing you for 200 million instead though ROFLMAO

ONLY IF TEAMSHADOWCLAN IS A PACKET OF CRISPS SPONSOR!!!!!1111!!!

Good man Kanchelskis:

“Yevhen is a good player and he would be good for United. If you are looking for a quick winger then Konoplyanka is not that. He isn’t as quick as I was! He isn’t like a Ryan Giggs or Lee Sharpe who played with me at United.

“He is not a real winger as such and I don’t think there are many of those around Europe at the moment. But he is technically very good, he has good skills and he has a good shot on him. He likes to come more into the central midfield areas and does like to get a hit on goal.

“To me he is like Arjen Robben. He is similar to him and if that is the kind of player Louis van Gaal likes then why not go for Konoplyanka?”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I can't see Pogba ever joining United again.

I saw a headline a week or so ago quoting Pogba as saying his time at united was the worst in his career, or something to that effect.

He denied that article, called it bull**** pretty quick

he wouldnt/shouldnt get into the first 11 at Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United so theres 55 right there.

So John Flanagan is a better player? ok then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Read a funny tweet reporting Bayern would rather sell Kroos to Barca or Real than us. Ha. Why, are they mad?

I thought I'd have to avoid this thread and twitter to keep me from getting caught up in the madness but I am cured when it comes to transfer window sickness. Last season was a massive sickner but it only made me realise how pointless it all is.

• Advertisement

so by your baffling and absolutely idiotic logic, if you picked a list of the top 50 best players in the league, no goal keepers can be included?

would Danny Welbeck get a game at full back or centerback so? good god man, you should really put some thought into your posting before you go out and try to have a pop at somebody.

You said he wouldn't get in the first XI of 5 teams, citing that being 55 players. That would be the entire first team right?

How in the name of **** are you bashing anyones logic?

If you want him to be judged against strikers, there are not 55 of them between the first XI's of 5 ****ing clubs are there? If you want to add in wingers you would still come up short of 55

Seriously, you have bashed someone else for logic. Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Steel Dog wrote: »

If it is fake it's a strange one. Going since 2012 and has been pretty boring up until now. States things like he was in talks with a North West club in June 2012 (he signed for Crewe in July). Although the account does seem to have a slight obsession with Wrexham, even long after he left.

I have just read this trash, you know what, I am most definitely out.

TodayEveryoneWasMad_zpsc8870bd0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Does anyone seriously believe that Jon Flanagan is a better player than Danny Welbeck? Christ.

• Advertisement

TodayEveryoneWasMad_zpsc8870bd0.jpg

People are certainly mad alright, people who would have Petr Cech as a better footballer then Danny Welbeck are actually insane to be honest.

throw up yer own list then mister ****ing fantastic;)

kryogen wrote: »
    People are certainly mad alright, people who would have Petr Cech as a better footballer then Danny Welbeck are actually insane to be honest.

òk from 45 outfield players who is Welbeck better then? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Apparently LVG wants to install floodlights to Carrington for double winter training sessions. Source: http://www.givemesport.com/473607-louis-van-gaal-demands-changes-at-manchester-uniteds-training-ground

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Apparently LVG wants to install floodlights to Carrington for double winter training sessions. Source: http://www.givemesport.com/473607-louis-van-gaal-demands-changes-at-manchester-uniteds-training-ground

good idea imo

òk from 45 outfield players who is Welbeck better then? ;)

From looking back, 25 of them, I include Sagna twice in that since you did, and there are about 5 more I would be conflicted about.

good idea imo

Have heard about the floodlights, and apparently wants to relay the pitches or something, the lights would be good and something I could see happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

good idea imo

im surprised that carrington, a multi-million pound training facility isnt lit up like a ****ing Christmas tree with floodlights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Have heard about the floodlights, and apparently wants to relay the pitches or something, the lights would be good and something I could see happening

Pitch will be to replicate the surface at OT. more durable surface too

From looking back, 25 of them, I include Sagna twice in that since you did, and there are about 5 more I would be conflicted about.

when i say players now im talking 50 best players in the league, defenders, cm, strikers.

i think you have a different idea maybe something along the lines of best technical or something cause no way in this world can anyone say that Welbeck is one of best 25 players in PL.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement