Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

bangkok wrote: »
    "EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United have outbid the wages offered by Chelsea to Fabregas. Still no bid placed to Barcelona, who prefer Chelsea"

Basically saying nothing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

greendom wrote: »
    Sensible timing !

Expect a flurry of deals to be confirmed now in the next few hours :pac:

Tancredi Palmeri
    EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United have outbid the wages offered by Chelsea to Fabregas. Still no bid placed to Barcelona, who prefer Chelsea

What a spoofer. We've offered him more wages, but we haven't actually submitted a bid. I dont even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I'll give you three guesses what team he supports

Its Liverpool

actually its.
    team Danny Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Timmys reply to guy in ah forum re nuking united thread -HILARIOUS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So we've gone from LVG having no interest in KROOS to now tapping him up?

Ah heor.

The Cesc stuff is even more out there.

• TheDoc wrote: »
    So we've gone from LVG having no interest in KROOS to now tapping him up?

Ah heor.

The Cesc stuff is even more out there.

Where's the tapping up coming from??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Mentioned a few pages back, Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

"EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United have outbid the wages offered by Chelsea to Fabregas. Still no bid placed to Barcelona, who prefer Chelsea"

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the media last week saying that barca would prefer to sell to us, now they are saying they prefer Chelsea, god the media and twitter piss me off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Really hope Fellaini, Welbeck, Rooney and Nani do well at the WC, however unlikely that is, so someone will buy them.

• Advertisement

Zico wrote: »
    Really hope Fellaini, Welbeck, Rooney and Nani do well at the WC, however unlikely that is, so someone will buy them.

You want two of our best players sold :/
    Fellaini hasnt even had a proper season at the club.
    Where's that Fellaini Facepalm gif??

DOC WE NEED YOU

You want two of our best players sold :/
    Fellaini hasnt even had a proper season at the club.
    Where's that Fellaini Facepalm gif??

DOC WE NEED YOU

I can't see any of them playing for LVG. We could change manager again to accommodate Rooney I suppose, but it don't work out too well last time.:)

I can't see any of them playing for LVG. We could change manager again to accommodate Rooney I suppose, but it don't work out too well last time.:)

Arah But Nani and Roo could fit in. Should get a fresh chance. Heck even Cleverly etc should get a fresh start. x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Where's this info coming from or is it more of your ITK bullsh't?

duffman13 wrote: »
    Where's this info coming from or is it more of your ITK bullsh't?

Posted above. Italian journo. Tancredi Palamramria

This guy
    https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Rooney is world class when he is the lone striker but van Persie is a better player than Rooney so I can't imagine Rooney being played much in his natural position. Van Gaal will want to use Rooney but hopefully he disciplines Rooney a lot more as he's often caught out of position following the ball. Rooney playing behind the striker doesn't work. However, with little help from the wingers and no creativity from midfield he had little choice. Maybe playing behind the striker may work under van Gaal or perhaps at the top of a midfield trio, but that position would be perfect for Kagawa. If Rooney can play a more disciplined game there is no reason why he couldn't transform into a very good midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Posted above. Italian journo. Tancredi Palamramria

This guy
    https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri

Tancredi isn't reliable. Di Marzio is the only decent Italian journo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

we have just lost rio vidic and giggs and you hope the above 4 do well at the world cup so we can sell them while keeping the likes of cleverly, Ashley young and buttner??

rob316 wrote: »
    Tancredi isn't reliable. Di Marzio is the only decent Italian journo.

Yeah I only posted because I hadn't heard of him. This was when he teased the info initially mind you. After his actual 'reveal' it's fairly clear he's a spoofer of the highest degree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

At least we are getting some news rather than none.

Off topic I know but sad about Rik Mayall. R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

At least we are getting some news rather than none.

Whats the news from today? Haven't been online all day?

zorro2566 wrote: »

Woof

zorro2566 wrote: »

Noooooo!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Hogs of War was great too, and he was a large part of that.

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Whats the news from today? Haven't been online all day?

That we have offered better wages than Chelsea for Fabregas, though the lads here say the source is unreliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Yeah I only posted because I hadn't heard of him. This was when he teased the info initially mind you. After his actual 'reveal' it's fairly clear he's a spoofer of the highest degree.

He used to be worth a follow if you wanted to find out what the Italian media were saying as he'd just copy and paste their headlines onto Twitter. He's gone down the spoofer/itk road over the last while though.

+1 on DiMarzio. His site is now translated into English
    http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/

That said, is it really that crazy that Utd could be offering potential contracts to Fabregas without agreeing a fee with Barca yet? Fairly common I would've thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That we have offered better wages than Chelsea for Fabregas, though the lads here say the source is unreliable.

I'm surprised at that too be honest. Would like too see him and rvp team up again

at this point in time, i cannot see Fabregas signing for us though of course id be delighted to be wrong.

too many people i trust saying its not happening.

at this point in time, i cannot see Fabregas signing for us though of course id be delighted to be wrong.

too many people i trust saying its not happening.

When our fave Spaniard Ballague tells us we are signing him then we can give up hope :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Starting to wonder if LvG's list is wrote on an etch-a-sketch.

Just FYI to anyone on here wanting to know what sources are reliable......

Fookin none of them. Believe the mufc website when its announced and leave it at that.

GSPfan wrote: »

Fookin none of them. Believe the mufc website when its announced and leave it at that.

while i get what you are saying, very few of our transfers that go through are ever a surprise and normally are in the press weeks (sometimes months) before they are on the website. if there is nothing being said or written, then i would worry.

if you ingore all the crap from the likes of the sun, mirror and tribalboll*ix/goal etc etc, alot of the other stuff is true in some elements. i mean, is it that far fetched to believe that under Moyes we had some big deals lined up (something moyes said several times) and now, LVG isnt happy with them, so is thinking of changing tactics and may look to bring in players he knows?

as has been pointed out several times, if something doesnt happen it doesnt mean we were not interested in the player and the vast majority of rumours are simply saying we are trying to sign a player.

we didnt sign hazard or benzema for example, but fergie and Gill confirmed our interest and im sure theres dozens of other transfer sags that have been in the papers over the last few years that (while am sure contained some bulls*it) didnt happen, but their were huge elements of truth in them.

likewise, we are unlikely to have just 2 or 3 targets, its probably closer to 12 or 13 with the intention of only securing a very low number of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Where's the fun in that?

The only reason every big transfer is in the press months beforehand is because 100's of names get thrown around every day like a game of battleships. Eventually they get a hit. These guys don't know what's going on for sure. They guess what a team needs then guess who is available and bobs your uncle, You've become a reliable journo.

Yeah they probably hear rumours from agents and low paid club staff but its all gossip for their own benefit. Agents play their part too. They love stirring up attention for their clients.
    The smaller transfers come out of nowhere cause the journalists can't guess them. Was Chico, Bebe or Buttner talked about beforehand? How come its only the bigger ones they get wind of?

I just find them all full of schit and i wouldn't trust any info they spout out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

We announced an agreed fee with Cardiff for Ramsey on the club site and look how that ended up.

Believe nobody!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2008/Jun/Ramsey-fee-agreed.aspx

Troll.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

SNAP!!!

The only reason every big transfer is in the press months beforehand is because 100's of names get thrown around every day like a game of battleships. Eventually they get a hit.

ah come on, 100's?

as i said, ignore the bulls*it rags and you wont have us linked with more than 15-20 players this summer and you can be damn sure most of them have some truth in them.

and in that 15-20, im not including one rag linking us to some player once and then nobody else having the story, im actually only counting actual proper/consolidate and consistent stories about a player and theres only about 10 of those (at a stretch) at the moment this year.

people go on about the "madness" last summer, but take out Strootman, Garay, Ronaldo, Bale Thiago, Fellaini, fabregas & Baines and youve got about 95% of what was written last summer - 8 players and perhaps every one of them stories was absolutely true in certain extents (as in we were interested in trying to sign them, but failed apart from 1).

the Herrara, Kheidra, Ozil, Coentrau strories all came out of nowhere last year on deadline day, as they appear to be panic bids and while i am sure i am missing a few transfers rumours here and there, i think im not far wrong either.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Where's the fun in that?

I enjoy the rumours as much as anyone. I just have zero aggrevation with them.

Its fun discussing them but they are all wafflers.

ah come on, 100's?

Not just United.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    We announced an agreed fee with Cardiff for Ramsey on the club site and look how that ended up.

Believe nobody!!!

What? But that was correct. So that was true. Ha.

Not just United.

i couldnt tell you more than 3 rumours relating to other clubs this summer to be honest and i dont know why any United fan would bother to be honest.

i didnt even know Liverpool had signed Lambert until 3 days ago.

i couldnt tell you more than 3 rumours relating to other clubs this summer to be honest and i dont know why any United fan would bother to be honest.

i didnt even know Liverpool had signed Lambert until 3 days ago.

Not just English clubs.

Not just English journo's.

Not just your eyes and ears.

Check the sky sports app everyday and look at the newspaper round up. Its hillarious. They report every headline in every paper. Sometimes multiple papers conflict majorly on the same subject.

Not just English clubs.

Not just English journo's.

Not just your eyes and ears.

Check the sky sports app everyday and look at the newspaper round up. Its hillarious. They report every headline in every paper. Sometimes multiple papers conflict majorly on the same subject.

well maybe you should just stop looking at papers and apps then and just focus on quality rather than quantity?

well maybe you should just stop looking at papers and apps then and just focus on quality rather than quantity?

But there's the catch. If i did that i'd only look at the mufc website.

I like all the rumours and waffle. I just give it all the same amount of credibility.

But there's the catch. If i did that i'd only look at the mufc website.

I like all the rumours and waffle. I just give it all the same amount of credibility.

Yeah even "credible" journos aren't that credible. Clubs official sites are the only job. BBC probably a good bet too. After that I pay little attention. Otherwise I'd tie myself in knots like plenty in the SF every summer!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah even "credible" journos aren't that credible. Clubs official sites are the only job. BBC probably a good bet too. After that I pay little attention. Otherwise I'd tie myself in knots like plenty in the SF every summer!

Exactly.

I'm not saying don't read the other stuff or don't disregard it cause it came from a journalist on twitter but definitely don't believe that any of these guys are credible sources of information.

It's all a harmless past-time for most people so there's no real problem believing it all if anyone wants to.

Exactly.

I'm not saying don't read the other stuff or don't disregard it cause it came from a journalist on twitter but definitely don't believe that any of these guys are credible sources of information.

It's all a harmless past-time for most people so there's no real problem believing it all if anyone wants to.

Certainly no harm in any of it once you know to take every story with a large helping of salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

31 in October. Amazing if true.
    Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes Jan 21
    Dante close to sign for Manchester United, sources from Brazil. #MUFC

EDIT: old tweet. Ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

TheTownie wrote: »
    31 in October. Amazing if true.

didn't we have the same rumours in the january, then he signed a new contract very quickly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement