Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

GSPfan wrote: »
    Too many actuallys in this post. Actually.

Actually there isn't :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Nani just provided a phenomenal assist against Ireland just there. Some first touch on the youngfella

EDIT: Nani with another assist. Great ball.

EDIT: Nani finished off a brilliant passing move with a backheel goal but it was disallowed for offside,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Nani just provided a phenomenal assist against Ireland just there. Some first touch on the youngfella

EDIT: Nani with another assist. Great ball.

Scored a disallowed goal as well, haven't seen the whole game but he's been superb from what I have seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Liam O wrote: »
    He'd have played more if he wasn't acting up and wanting a payoff from Juve. Fergie wanted him to commit to the club and wouldn't pay him off to do so, he wasn't going to help develop a player who had euro signs in his eyes and wouldn't be sticking around.

Wanting a pay off?

He signed for less then what United offered. His agent would be a different story and he will more then likely make Pogba a very wealthy man over his career but may never find a real home also.

Despise his agent, always have, (before he was Pogbas agent) nothing against Pogba at all. He just wanted to play, if he wasn't going to get his chance at United even after Fergie admitted he would have to play him or he would leave then what was he supposed to do?

Fergie had no problem paying Rooney when he bitch slapped the club. He had no problem sanctioning a deal for Bebe, he didnt mind sanctioning the deal to get Pogba to the club in the first place which you can be sure involved a pay off to somebody!

Blind defense of him is ridiculous. He was not infallible as great as he was, even the GOAT has made some mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I miss Nani :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Any decent form Nani gains at the WC can only be good. We've always said the lad needs a run of games to even be half useful. Oh to have him back would be wonderful. Suck it, Young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Liam O wrote: »
    he wasn't going to help develop a player who had euro signs in his eyes and wouldn't be sticking around.

The problem is he made it a self-fulfilling prophecy. He deliberately refrained from giving Pogba games even when it was clear thats what Pogba wanted and also that United were badly short in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Any decent form Nani gains at the WC can only be good. We've always said the lad needs a run of games to even be half useful. Oh to have him back would be wonderful. Suck it, Young.

Got really excited at the start of the week thinking of Nani and Sanchez on the wings then realised I am probably dreaming :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Nani is a sensational player and one of the best at the club, especially now that Rio and Vidic have moved on.

i made a statement on twitter last year that he was our 3rd best attacking player behind Rooney and RVP and was slated for it.....its sickening to see just how much some United fans hate him and underrate him. i think his absence for the vast majority of last year just shows how important he is to us.

great player and we need him back asap on top form. hopefully Van Gaal will remember that the last time he came to Old Trafford, Nani scored twice and was excellent against his Bayern team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lets just think about an in-from Nani on the left, Van Persie up front, and Alexis Sanchez out right, with Wayne Rooney doing as he pleases behind them.

Mmm.

/muppetry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Wayne Rooney is awful behind the striker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

glued wrote: »

'course he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Hope Nani has a good World Cup so we get a premium price on him when we sell him, he's been at United long enough and not come good, get some money and bring in someone with some semblance of consistency

Rooney is not awful in any central offensive position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Rooney as a Striker - World Class
    Rooney as a Centre Forward/Attacking Midfielder - Shíte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Rooney is not awful in any central offensive position.

He's best off focusing on actually being a striker and stop this martyr craic coming back into midfield. While admirable what he does, when he's back there winning the ball or trying to distribute the ball, there's one less man up front to receive it.

My only hope is the likes of Carrick et all are replaced and we have a proper midfield going into next season, so Rooney can start playing like a striker again

He's best off focusing on actually being a striker and stop this martyr craic coming back into midfield. While admirable what he does, when he's back there winning the ball or trying to distribute the ball, there's one less man up front to receive it.

My only hope is the likes of Carrick et all are replaced and we have a proper midfield going into next season, so Rooney can start playing like a striker again

when RVP and Hernandez pretty much only able to play in one position and formations needed to accomadate normally two wingers and/or the likes of Kagawa, mata and Adnan, the days of us playing 2 out and out strikers or more to the point Rooney in the striker role, are pretty slim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Nani last night

http://gfycat.com/EssentialPowerfulHammerheadshark

http://gfycat.com/CrazyFalseBoto

This is the Nani I want to see at Utd next season

Fletcher to have surgery on a toe injury and will miss start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Nani last night

Ugh, all I could think was "Ireland are so gash". :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Cool.

Nani last night

Did not see the game last night so this is the first I have seen of his play last night. Sensational touch for the first clip and the second one shows how good he is. More of this please

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

According to twitter - Mueller has signed a new contract

Puts another transfer rumour to bed

• According to twitter - Mueller has signed a new contract

Puts another transfer rumour to bed

So he used us as a contract 'crutch' like Fabregas & Kroos....:(

Nani last night

when you see Nani playing like that, you'd wonder is he being hampered by the s*it style/approach that we have had in recent years.

our play has been based on being hard to beat and work rate when this perhaps does not suit Nani as he is expected to be a winger like Valencia (not great going forward and more defensive than Nani).

while Adnan had a good season, i do think also that he was being hampered by our formation and approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Lets just think about an in-from Nani on the left, Van Persie up front, and Alexis Sanchez out right, with Wayne Rooney doing as he pleases behind them.

Mmm.

/muppetry

rooney on the left of a three

De Gea
    Rafael Jones Evans Evra
    Valencia Carrick Kagawa
    Januzaj/Mata RVP Rooney

obvs discounting any thin air rumours on incoming transfers.

Leftist wrote: »
    rooney on the left of a three

De Gea
    Rafael Jones Evans Evra
    Valencia Carrick Kagawa
    Januzaj/Mata RVP Rooney

obvs discounting any thin air rumours on incoming transfers.

You're going to play Mata, Kagawa and Rooney out of position. Do you want to lose games, because that's how you lose games.

You're going to play Mata, Kagawa and Rooney out of position. Do you want to lose games, because that's how you lose games.

no i don't.

Rooney played off the left of a front three in 2008.

Mata and kagawa, yes I know, but I'm shoehorning here. If vg goes for 433 then where else will either play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

While it's not the team I would personally select, one of my main hopes for LVG is that he will be able to mould some of our current players in such a way that they are effective in positions which are not their preferred, like we have Rooney, Mata and Kagawa for that behind the striker/top of the midfield 3 role...they can't all play there but I don't want any of them sold so I'm banking on LVG to get each of them having effect from different areas. I'm banking on him being better at it than Moyes and even better at it than SAF.

Personally I'd play Mata there with Rooney up front at the expense of RVP but that's not going to happen...I'd have Kagawa playing from wide then (not as a winger).

From what I know of LVG, he seems like the type of guy who could do this with players.

Edit: Even with just one decent signing, say Strootman, I'd be looking at LVG working some sort of magic and rejuvenating nani with a formation like this, his 433...Januzaj as impact player for another year

Fellaini Strootman
    Mata
    Nani Rooney Kagawa

Edit: Obviously I know RVP is going to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

no i don't.

Mata and kagawa, yes I know, but I'm shoehorning here. If vg goes for 433 then where else will either play?

Lvgs 433 could easily be seen as a 4231. One of Mata & Kagawa could play in their preferred position.

• Advertisement

no i don't.

Rooney played out left with Ronaldo and Tevez. Different kettle of fish than with RVP and Mata/Januzaj.

Shoehorning players into positions is all fine and dandy but I would much rather a player brought in for the position first and foremost. Not every player will become Schweinstieger.

Rooney played out left with Ronaldo and Tevez. Different kettle of fish than with RVP and Mata/Januzaj.

Shoehorning players into positions is all fine and dandy but I would much rather a player brought in for the position first and foremost. Not every player will become Schweinstieger.

essentially I agree.

We'll just have to see, but I do expect rooney will be played left or right off RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Nani is another player who over the last few years struggled under out rigid slow play. He was very good years ago when we played quick attacking football. Kagawa has struggled under it and so has Mata since he arrived. I think a fluid positive system under LVG will bring out the best of those three.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Welbeck might be out of the first game of the World Cup at least.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27789874

Nani last night

That 2nd clip - Jesus Titty-Fúcking Christ!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

stankratz wrote: »
    That 2nd clip - Jesus Titty-Fúcking Christ!!! :eek:

Wasn't allowed he was called offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Not sure if this was posted, but David Gill calling for Blatter to resign.
    Surely he wont last another year ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/10/fas-david-gill-walks-out-of-fifa-meeting-in-brazil-calls-for-sepp-blatter-to-resign_n_5480198.html

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Wasn't allowed he was called offside.

Damn. Still, it was lovely movement and he showed some great hunger for the ball. Exquisite ball-watching from the Ireland lads there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

beno619 wrote: »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/10/fas-david-gill-walks-out-of-fifa-meeting-in-brazil-calls-for-sepp-blatter-to-resign_n_5480198.html

I wouldnt be suprised if he did stay or platini was put in as his replacement

such a corrupt organisation

• Advertisement

he will last. they are the most corrupt, inbred bunch of people running any organisation in the world.

the **** got a standing ovation on monday when he gave a speech about how people are giving poor Fifa a hard time.

there is no more despicable man in football than Blatter and that is saying alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

He is giving a statement at 1.45 so we will know then wether he is standing for another term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

The man has said worse/similar things in the past than what he has in the last few days and not gave it a second thought so wouldn't be surprised if goes nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

isn't he retiring next year anyway? so what he says now doesn't really matter!

aaaaaaaaaaaanyway - the amount of sh!te GMF are spouting today is just ridiculous - how are they allowed to exist?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

the amount of sh!te GMF are spouting today is just ridiculous - how are they allowed to exist?!

Because you read it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not sure if it's been posted but the Express are running with Schweinsteiger and Sanchez to United.£40 million in total.

• Advertisement

• zerks wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been posted but the Express are running with Schweinsteiger and Sanchez to United.£40 million in total.

Would be a very nice deal. Bastian one of the best midfielders in Europe in my opinion.

@ 29 would be getting him at his peak.

Links??

I think the press are guessing again here. Van Gaal a few days ago was quoted saying that he tried to sign Vidal whilst in Germany as he likes him a lot and likes Chilean players for their offensive style. Thus we have the Sanchez rumours as everyone knows Barca may have financial difficulties and probably need to sell at least one player.

At least the WC is starting and the rumours won't be the only thing thing holding my football interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Because you read it :pac:

:pac:

Saw the link on my FB news feed - they didn't get a click off me! (shneaky b@stards!)

zerks wrote: »

ridiculous price at his age and in his condition.

• Leftist wrote: »
    ridiculous price at his age and in his condition.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement