Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I bet you Ed has lost that "list" LVG gave him

• I bet you Ed has lost that "list" LVG gave him

I'm not convinced he was ever on the so called LVG list. We have enough choice from AM, it's a CM we really need.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Another one bites the dust!!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

MagicIRL wrote: »
    NO.
    NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Stop it. No. Enough. He's not been a Chelsea player 10mins and it's already United's fault. Oh my Christ, let this window end.

I know, and it's not even officially started yet :(

• paulbok wrote: »
    I know, and it's not even officially started yet :(

What's the panic? Why get Fabregas, there's a lot of posters on here who just want any available midfielder possible and throw him in any ould way into the team with no thought process behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Over/under on the number of posts before we get something like "FFS Utd tried for months and Chelsea got it done in a week, pathetic, incompetent, hurr durr."?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Era we were never in for him this season I say.

We will get our targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Over/under on the number of posts before we get something like "FFS Utd tried for months and Chelsea got it done in a week, pathetic, incompetent, hurr durr."?

What'll you give me for Under 46?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

It says a lot that Chelsea can get fabregas signed and havce Costa all but signed before the WC, yet we have absolutely zero done. This is what worries me the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

We will get our targets.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW WITCH?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If someone from United confirmed we weren't interested, I'd kinda see why. We need a dynamic box to box CM.

It's a bit argueable that Fabregas is that, and he's spent a good number of years playing all over the shop.

I guess it will be all relative in terms of how we are looking come close of window.

If we are sitting with Shaw and a few unknown Dutch players...yeah...I'd be getting angry at missing out on this.

If we are sitting pretty with Shaw, Schweinsteiger and Strootman, wouldn't be too bothered.

If Kroos came, be very quickly Cesc who

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

We will get our targets.

Exactly, only Ballague was saying we were in for him that i noticed (this season).... and we all know about his penchant for bullsh!t.

We will get our targets.

Your acting the bollox now,

come on, whose the targets, who we after

SWEAR TO ME!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

TheDoc wrote: »

SWEAR TO ME!

You can even ask lads I pm but I know very little.

For 100th time I am confident things will be done. Players is anyones guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Cesc to Chelsea? Done deal and we still haven't bought anyone?

Man United are a sham and a farce, and, and, and a sham...... #LVGOUT #WOODIEOUT

:pac:

TheDoc wrote: »

SWEAR TO ME!

From what I'm told it's Osman, McGeady and Bertrand. We'll get them, you can take that to the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its very possible that we were in for him and he choose Cheslea over us. They have Champions Lge football and he used to live in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

Fabregas is not the sort of midfielder we need. He's an attacking midfielder and we have enough of them. Rooney can play like that also. Its a box to box player we need like a fit Fletcher I.e Vidal would be ideal or even schweinsteiger who gets up and down the pitch. Someone who breaks up the opposition play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

From what I'm told it's Osman, McGeady and Bertrand. We'll get them, you can take that to the bank.

Were you told by people you trust though?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

This place will go into meltdown soon so cuz Modric is going too Chelsea too in a swap for Ramieres!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pro. F wrote: »
    I wasn't trying to prove anything about the quality of Rooney as a number 10 with that mention of assist numbers, rather that Teamshadowclan seems to be applying more rigour in his criticism of Rooney than of RvP.

I think Rooney is better then he's given credit for as a 10 but he needs a team with a fully functioning midfield. Even then, I think Mata is always going to be a better 10 unless you have some very specific requirements that Rooney can fill for the odd game. The squad is such a mess with so much money wasted at this stage. Having Rooney, RvP, Mata, Kagawa, Hernandez and Welbeck all in one squad is just stupid.

The best I can find for a break down of Rooney's assists is on premierleague.com: He had 10 assists, 3 from crosses and 7 from passes. It doesn't give details about set pieces or blocked shots leading to goals.

Sorry, I was trying to balance the criticism a bit, so apologies if you felt I went to far the other way. Personally, I feel as if the common argument is RVP underpreformed this season while Rooney was our only saving grace, and being honest, I feel both achieved the bare minimum expected given the roles they played in the team. RVP didn't play half as badly as some people think he did, while Rooney didn't play half as well as some argue he did.

I'd agree fully with your second paragraph though, with regards needing a functioning midfield and Mata and Kagawa being better #10s.

This will be a long few weeks. I doubt anything concrete will happen with United for at least a month now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

He was on Moyes list but was not a target for LVG so no surprise there, have faith guys , LVG is a stickler for attention to detail, have no worries.............all in control...........wait and see....no speculation BS..........just business when it happens and it will happen for sure.

KEEP the FAITH........in Louis we trust.

You can even ask lads I pm but I know very little.

For 100th time I am confident things will be done. Players is anyones guess.

stm.png

ericzeking wrote: »
    Were you told by people you trust though?!

No I made it up, I'm trying to become an ITK, don't tell anyone! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Chelsea sign Costa and Fabregas before the WC kicks off :(

They still need a LB and I would be very surprised if they don't turn their attentions to Shaw now.

If they do decide to pursue him then I can't see him picking us over them.

He's a Chelsea fan
    They have champions league football
    They can offer the same financial package and more

The FIFA fair play rules don't hugely affect them either after the wedge the got for Luiz.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    This place will go into meltdown soon so cuz Modric is going too Chelsea too in a swap for Ramieres!

Blimey,they should just give Chelsea the PL trophy now and have done with it!

No I made it up, I'm trying to become an ITK, don't tell anyone! :pac:

You won't do very well as an ITK with that honesty! :P

No he isn't.

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    No he isn't.

Friend of mine told me it's all but done and he was spot on with costa and fabregas days before sky!

Quandary wrote: »
    Chelsea sign Costa and Fabregas before the WC kicks off :(

They still need a LB and I would be very surprised if they don't turn their attentions to Shaw now.

If they do decide to pursue him then I can't see him picking us over them.

He's a Chelsea fan
    They have champions league football
    They can offer the same financial package and more

The FIFA fair play rules don't hugely affect them either after the wedge the got for Luiz.
    Fielpe Luiz is there number 1 choice for left back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Sorry, I was trying to balance the criticism a bit, so apologies if you felt I went to far the other way. Personally, I feel as if the common argument is RVP underpreformed this season while Rooney was our only saving grace, and being honest, I feel both achieved the bare minimum expected given the roles they played in the team. RVP didn't play half as badly as some people think he did, while Rooney didn't play half as well as some argue he did.

I'd agree fully with your second paragraph though, with regards needing a functioning midfield and Mata and Kagawa being better #10s.

Rooney definitely performed better than RvP this season. Even playing out of position he scored at a similar rate and he worked hard all season, unlike RvP who went through some quite poor form and started complaining about his team mates getting in his way.

I wouldn't have Kagawa as a better number 10 than Rooney since he's come to United. He's had flashes, but he hasn't done enough to prove that for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

Shaw deal is done .just not announced .............for sure........

Friend of mine told me it's all but done and he was spot on with costa and fabregas days before sky!

Nonsense. Ancellotti loves him, he's just won the Champions League and he's living in Spain playing some serious football.

We've had our share of ITK nonsense around this topic the last few months.

secman wrote: »
    He was on Moyes list but was not a target for LVG so no surprise there, have faith guys , LVG is a stickler for attention to detail, have no worries.............all in control...........wait and see....no speculation BS..........just business when it happens and it will happen for sure.

KEEP the FAITH........in Louis we trust.

are you...........Bangkok...........in...........

Disguise..........?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Absolutely gutted, ah well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Don't worry lads it'll all work out.

Yep.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Don't worry lads it'll all work out.

Yep.

Quickly, who are we not signing now???

How many accounts does bangkok have? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Idiots for letting Fabregas sign for Chelsea. He will be brilliant for them.

Idiots. Ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Shaw will be done. He told Southampton he wants to join us and he'll be joining us.

Southampton don't want to be getting rid of all their stars whilst they are in managerial limbo (don't say Lambert) that's all that is happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

dubmick wrote: »
    Idiots for letting Fabregas sign for Chelsea. He will be brilliant for them.

Idiots. Ffs.

It's not like they asked us for permission ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

If we had of put a bid in he would have come to us. You know what I meant.

Yeah but does nobody at United have access to a high powered rifle with a telescopic sight?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

dubmick wrote: »
    If we had of put a bid in he would have come to us. You know what I meant.

Doubt it.

Bigger wages by Chelsea imo and he still owns his house in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

To where

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Doubt it.

Bigger wages by Chelsea imo and he still owns his house in London.

What's he supposedly getting at Chelsea? Reports I've read say 150k p/w, if so Utd could definitely afford that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What's he supposedly getting at Chelsea? Reports I've read say 150k p/w, if so Utd could definitely afford that.

Cant get him Champions League football tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

It fcuking bates all out, United (the 3rd most valuable club in the world) the ones who finished 7th in the Premier League have yet to do anything in a transfer window which was made for very early signings to settle things down after last summers farce - clubs around/below us in Europe/PL are already pulling away from us - (realistically whatever we do this window we won't match Chelsea's transfers - Fabregas & Costa).

Some on here seem very confident that we will somehow sign a lash of quality players - recent transfer windows/lack of quality transfers might suggest something is not right inside the club, we have slowly been in decline in the last few years now.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Cant get him Champions League football tho

But Aguero didn't mention anything about offering Champion's League football.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement