Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Woodward fails to sign Fabregas again, at least he didn't make a laughing stock of the club this time, maybe he's learning.

I still think he should have been sacked before Moyes.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

But Aguero didn't mention anything about offering Champion's League football.

It is a factor and I did mention it on a reply a couple of pages back, but imo Chelsea will pay whatever wage it would have taken (they have Luiz money to spunk) to land Cesc, and London would have been a big factor also.

I don't believe the £150k pw either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I'm not too dis-inhearted by the Fabregas to Chelsea deal, I think the reason we didn't sign him is because LVG likes his central midfielders to be solid which is why I think there may be truth in the Schweinstegger rumours.
    Strootman and Schweinstegger would add goals , creativity and also a lot of protection to the back 4. I think Chelsea will play Fabregas in the number 10 role because Mourinho too likes his central mids to be solid, as a number 10 I think Chelsea sold us a better player in Juan Mata

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I'm not too dis-inhearted by the Fabregas to Chelsea deal, I think the reason we didn't sign him is because LVG likes his central midfielders to be solid which is why I think there may be truth in the Schweinstegger rumours.
    Strootman and Schweinstegger would add goals , creativity and also a lot of protection to the back 4. I think Chelsea will play Fabregas in the number 10 role because Mourinho too likes his central mids to be solid, as a number 10 I think Chelsea sold us a better player than Juan Mata

AGREE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

secman wrote: »
    He was on Moyes list but was not a target for LVG so no surprise there, have faith guys , LVG is a stickler for attention to detail, have no worries.............all in control...........wait and see....no speculation BS..........just business when it happens and it will happen for sure.

KEEP the FAITH........in Louis we trust.

True. Wait till AUgust 31st folks before hitting the panic buttons. We have a top class manager (someone I would prefer compared to sour grapes Mourinho and how do people know that deals have been agreed and all that's left is crossing the Ts and dotting the Is. I reckon Shaw is a done deal anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Agueroooo wrote: »
    It is a factor and I did mention it on a reply a couple of pages back, but imo Chelsea will pay whatever wage it would have taken (they have Luiz money to spunk) to land Cesc, and London would have been a big factor also.

I don't believe the £150k pw either.

You know Utd have a higher wage bill than Chelsea though? Whatever they were willing to pay him we could match, could being the operative word.

AGREE

meant to say in Juan Mata

You know Utd have a higher wage bill than Chelsea though?

Not true

Zico wrote: »
    Not true

It was true as of April, obviously the departures of high earners like Ferdinand and Vidic may have changed that in the meantime.

• Advertisement

It was true as of April, obviously the departures of high earners like Ferdinand and Vidic may have changed that in the meantime.

It would help if you shared a link to your source.

Otherwise it just looks like you're making stuff up to suit your opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Same goes for you then.

Sure, here you go.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelseas-wage-bill-overtaken-by-manchester-united-for-first-time-since-2004-9236438.html

Where's yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Strootman and Schweinstegger would add goals , creativity and also a lot of protection to the back 4. I think Chelsea will play Fabregas in the number 10 role because Mourinho too likes his central mids to be solid, as a number 10 I think Chelsea sold us a better player in Juan Mata

Cant see Schweinstegger leaving Bayern, and Strootman's injury should rule him out as a target in this window.

I'm not too disheartened either that we didn't get him. I am very disheartened that a team that was much better than us last season has now added a player of his caliber. They have improved since the end of the season. We have been weakened since the end of the season.

Bit worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

BQmDM2fCEAAUFv6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

:DBQmDM2fCEAAUFv6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Last year's gifs getting wheeled out, original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Your arguement has been that United have a bigger wage bill, therefore can afford Cesc. Surely if United spend more on wages currently and Chelsea usually can out spend us, doesn that not suggest Chelsea have more money to use on wages since their bill is currently lower?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Two of united's big earners are now gone, over £11m between them a season is now free to pay new earners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If there's one thing I can be sure of, wages were not the stumbling block if we were in for Fabregas.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Your arguement has been that United have a bigger wage bill, therefore can afford Cesc. Surely if United spend more on wages currently and Chelsea usually can out spend us, doesn that not suggest Chelsea have more money to use on wages since their bill is currently lower?

With last years figures, even though Utd's wage bill was higher it was under 50% of their turnover whereas Chelsea's was closer to 70%. Chelsea could obviously outspend Utd because they have a billionaire owner but assuming they want to remain FFP compliant, which they appear to do, then Utd could still easily match anything they could offer.

Could and would are different arguments altogether though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Someone you need to watch Schweinstegger more regularly...

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Can someone please post a link to that ripping yarns sketch where the guy trashes his house after his team loses?

It perfectly portrays the immediate future of this tread!.

Its going to be a long summer is all I can say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I'm glad we didn't sign Fabregas but only if we can secure our other targets. If we don't sign a midfielder then it will be a missed opportunity but you have to imagine there are plans in place and Fabregas wasn't included in them. I think we'll make signings but not the big names that everybody is pining for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Friend of mine told me it's all but done and he was spot on with costa and fabregas days before sky!

Modric is Ancelotti's love child and was a huge factor in them having a successful season......a "swap" for Ramires, outside football manager when you cheat and control both teams, just is not happening in fairness.

Put it to your friend in the words of Meatloaf "Two out of three ain't bad"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Chelsea need a striker and to replace lampard. They sign Costa and Lampard. We need a load of players and we sign NO ONE. What the feck are this club at? It is actually unbelievable that we are doing the same slow crap we did last summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Chelsea need a striker and to replace lampard. They sign Costa and Lampard. We need a load of players and we sign NO ONE. What the feck are this club at? It is actually unbelievable that we are doing the same slow crap we did last summer.

I think it's got to do with Van Gaal. Be patient. As soon as the World Cup is over we will see movement.

dubmick wrote: »
    Idiots for letting Fabregas sign for Chelsea. He will be brilliant for them.

Idiots. Ffs.

Take it to the bank, same way Torres was when he went there

Would be concerned if I was a Chelsea fan if the reports are accurate, that Mourinho didnt want him and the club forced him on him. Cant see how Cesc and Jose get along well either on a personal level and he doesnt exactly fit the mould of a midfielder that Jose prefers either.

Strange transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

How do you know deals are not in place and just need to be announced. Enjoy the World Cup and wait until after when we will more then likely announce signings. Keep the faith. I am sure LVG knows what hes doing and knows that we need major investment.

glued wrote: »
    I think it's got to do with Van Gaal. Be patient. As soon as the World Cup is over we will see movement.

Why?

Van Gaal has said he doesnt get involved with transfers, he makes his requests and then it is up to the club to sort it. LVG being busy is no impediment to United conducting and concluding deals - we are simply f**king incapable of doing business in a timely and professional manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Why?

Van Gaal has said he doesnt get involved with transfers, he makes his requests and then it is up to the club to sort it. LVG being busy is no impediment to United conducting and concluding deals - we are simply f**king incapable of doing business in a timely and professional manner.

Out of interest did he actually say this?

Chelsea need a striker

And it only took them a year to do it.

billyhead wrote: »
    How do you know deals are not in place and just need to be announced. Enjoy the World Cup and wait until after when we will more then likely announce signings. Keep the faith. I am sure LVG knows what hes doing and knows that we need major investment.

Yeah - you believe that delusional idea that we have deals done, fire ahead.

And it only took them a year to do it.

And? we needed a top class CM (or two) last season and we still haven't done anything about it. Chelsea had a need to get sorted this summer, and they have done it. A two top class players, who are at the world cup, and you get apologists on here claiming we can't do anything ourselves because of the world cup. Farcical delusion.

Jose loves Oscar, Jose has sold Mata because he see's Oscar as his number 10.

Fab won't be playing as a number 10, he will probably be taking Lampards place in fairness.

And? we needed a top class CM (or two) last season and we still haven't done anything about it. Chelsea had a need to get sorted this summer, and they have done it. A two top class players, who are at the world cup, and you get apologists on here claiming we can't do anything ourselves because of the world cup. Farcical delusion.

They needed a forward last year, does it make them incompetent it took them a year to do it? We've signed two midfielders in the last year, one of them top class. We seem alright at getting deals done, them being the right players or not is a different matter entirely. It's early June, the window closes in September, we can still sorted.

kryogen wrote: »
    Jose loves Oscar, Jose has sold Mata because he see's Oscar as his number 10.

Fab won't be playing as a number 10, he will probably be taking Lampards place in fairness.

Oscar was left out a lot towards the end of last season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Quandary wrote: »
    Chelsea sign Costa and Fabregas before the WC kicks off :(

They still need a LB and I would be very surprised if they don't turn their attentions to Shaw now.

If they do decide to pursue him then I can't see him picking us over them.

He's a Chelsea fan
    They have champions league football
    They can offer the same financial package and more

The FIFA fair play rules don't hugely affect them either after the wedge the got for Luiz.
    Ah here, it's not cool on here to voice concerns about what's going on. There be little giggles and "wait for the meltdown...." posts.

No negativity here. All is well. Be patient.

Chemical Ali would be proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Chelsea need a striker and to replace lampard. They sign Costa and Lampard.

That was like us with Scholes.

:D

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Out of interest did he actually say this?

You calling me a liar?:eek:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10845129/Louis-van-Gaal-insists-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-will-not-prove-a-distraction-at-Manchester-United.html
    “I say which players I want and which players can leave,” Van Gaal said.
    “But they (United) have to negotiate. I’ve never interfered with transfers.”

So, again, United are just being painfully slow when other, more professionally ran clubs from a football point of view are actually doing what is required to improve their football team.

Barca sign Ter Steigen and Rakitic.
    Chelsea sign Costa and Fabregas.
    Paris SG sign Luiz.
    Liverpool sign Lambert and Can.
    United sign a pharmaceutical sponsor in Korea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

You calling me a liar?:eek:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10845129/Louis-van-Gaal-insists-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-will-not-prove-a-distraction-at-Manchester-United.html

So, again, United are just being painfully slow when other, more professionally ran clubs from a football point of view are actually doing what is required to improve their football team.

Barca sign Ter Steigen and Rakitic.
    Chelsea sign Costa and Fabregas.
    Paris SG sign Luiz.
    Liverpool sign Lambert and Can.
    United sign a pharmaceutical sponsor in Korea.

No I was just asking I hadn't read this.

Why?

At what point do you think you might realise the club doesn't actually run on your schedule?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

billyhead wrote: »

Why do some people still think this is a possibility?

I say it again, who exactly does it benefit to keep any deals a secret? It does not suit United, it would not suit the selling club and it would not suit the player himself to have the uncertainty in the background. If the deal is finalized then it would suit every interested party to have it announced.

So why the **** do you think United have deals in place but have just not announced them?

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    At what point do you think you might realise the club doesn't actually run on your schedule?

I thought it might run on the schedule they said they had - looking to get two players signed before the world cup. Have signed none.

I thought it might run on the schedule they said they had - looking to get two players signed before the world cup. Have signed none.

When did they say this, before or after they sacked Moyes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

OT: Brazilian women dancing make everything better.

Oscar was left out a lot towards the end of last season

He played 33 league games for Chelsea out of 38
    He played in 10 of Chelseas Champions League games (out of 12)

Left out a lot you say?

When did they say this, before or after they sacked Moyes?

Before, and since (though not so much in the last couple of weeks...) and also said that LVG coming in would not affect our transfer activity. Or at least that is what they were briefing the press. So if you are looking for a direct quote from the official site you can just decide now that I am lying to you and we can end the conversation there cause I can't be arsed arguing whether the club briefs or not.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement