Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It'll never happen as a first offence to a big club imo.

Btw, anyone know ewhere the fines go? 60m isn't peanuts!

They are not sure what they are going to do with the fines just yet. Typical. It should go in to grassroots football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Into the coffers I would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Fines for financial powerhouse clubs is a bit laughable, cutting the CL squad back to 21 players isn't much of a deterrent either. Boohoo, they can't bring Jack Rodwell or Micah Richards to sit on the bench.
    A waste of time unless they're going to give out proper punishments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

owners can pay the fines they're not counted towards FFP. the fines being peanuts is relative, fine financially responsible clubs like Arsenal United or pool and its a pretty big hit fine middle eastern funded teams and its a small write off

The penalties for breaching FFP should be something you cant spend your way out of imo

Edit: misread youre post fines go to the grass roots fund uefa have other than that **** knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

PSG got a cap on transfers for this coming year didn't they? 60m or something?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    They are not sure what they are going to do with the fines just yet. Typical. It should go in to grassroots football.

That would be great actually.

Fines for financial powerhouse clubs is a bit laughable, cutting the CL squad back to 21 players isn't much of a deterrent either. Boohoo, they can't bring Jack Rodwell or Micah Richards to sit on the bench.

won't be a huge deal to the mega rich clubs, but they do have to adhere to a standard code in terms of punishments I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

kryogen wrote: »
    That would be great actually.

50 million is a HUGE amount at grassroots. It should be spent in the country of the club being fined too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

januzaj will surely start tonight ahead of young or nani. he player well when he came on at the weekend

• Advertisement

Lyrical. You're gonna run out of thanks credits :pac:

Mars Bar wrote: »
    50 million is a HUGE amount at grassroots. It should be spent in the country of the club being fined too.

I agree, think it would be a perfect way to go with it. Won't happen of course, but it would be some achievement and feather in UEFA's hat if they did go for something like that

• Nuts102 wrote: »
    Giggs talked about playing the United way when he took over. Well tonight he should finally do that instead of the same old crap in his first two games. Last home game go out attack and batter them.

DDG

Rafael Jones Smalling Buttner

Carrick Fellaini

Nani Mata Kagawa

RVP

The first game he managed we arguably played one of the best half's of football all season although the penalty unlocked the flow of goals.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The first game he managed we arguably played one of the best half's of football all season although the penalty unlocked the flow of goals.

That was after a couple of adjustments to the awful first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

and here we go..
    Thomas Muller has distanced himself from reports linking him with a summer move to Manchester United.

The Bayern Munich forward was rumoured to have fallen out with boss Pep Guardiola, leading to him seeking a transfer at the end of the season.

However the German, who came through the ranks with the Bavarian giants, insists he does not want to quit his boyhood club anytime soon.

‘I didn’t make these rumours up myself, so I don’t particularly want to comment on them too much, but I’m definitely not about to jump ship at Bayern,’ said the 24-year-old.

• kryogen wrote: »
    That was after a couple of adjustments to the awful first half

Yes True, the 2nd half I was talking about.

• Advertisement

Doubt anyone really believed the story in the first place did they?

Held no logical reasoning behind it anyway

• Lyrical. You're gonna run out of thanks credits :pac:

LOL in before me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The Crystal Palace chairman tweeted this today.
    Steve Parish ‏@CEO4TAG Why are we trending on twitter with 175k tweets , oh yeah! I remember .#Crystanbul

Funnily enough The official Premier League hashtag on Twitter for the game last night was #CRYLIV

You couldn't make this stuff up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

and here we go..

In all fairness, why would you even believe there is a chance muller would leave Munich? I'd be surprised if any of that core group (Muller,Schwein etc.) that are born and bred Bayern ever leave the club. If some key players fall out with Pep, I'd imagine that it would be Pep. shown the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dont cry for me Luis Suarez
    The truth is you never had a chance to win the PL

• Advertisement

Agree with that, the likes of Lahm, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, Muller will never look to leave, they would have to be forced out and that would take some doing also

Sure who in their right mind would want to leave FC Hollywood!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

The Crystal Palace chairman tweeted this today.

Funnily enough The official Premier League hashtag on Twitter for the game last night was #CRYLIV

You couldn't make this stuff up

What a legend. In stitches here looking through those tweets and the replies, some of it is comedy gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Today is a great day. I feel so relaxed now....

COME ON UNITED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I wouldn't celebrate LFC not winning the league just yet. Just like many fans counted their chickens in the last month, would be awful egg on everyone elses face were City to lose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

City_21 players for cl squad.
    8 have to be homegrown?
    Do they have homegrown starters?
    I make that pretty much a 13 man squad for them. Am I calculating correctly?
    Aguero will be one and he gets injured alot.
    Its a fairly tough sanction if I have the facts straight.

• Timmyctc wrote: »
    I wouldn't celebrate LFC not winning the league just yet. Just like many fans counted their chickens in the last month, would be awful egg on everyone elses face were City to lose.
    To be honest Tim, Villa are not going to do ya any favors. May have posted this elsewhere, but there drive will be gone. There safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jane82 wrote: »
    City_21 players for cl squad.
    8 have to be homegrown?
    Do they have homegrown starters?
    I make that pretty much a 13 man squad for them. Am I calculating correctly?
    Aguero will be one and he gets injured alot.
    Its a fairly tough sanction if I have the facts straight.

They'll just buy/sign english players something like the below..

8 HG
    Joe Hart
    Scott Sinclair (Could be sold)
    Jack Rodwell
    Micah Richards
    James Milner
    Garteh barry (Could be sold)
    Joleon Lescott (Released)
    Ross Barkley (Sign to satisfy HG Ruling)
    Luke Shaw (Sign to satisfy HG Ruling)
    C-Ashely Cole (pick up on a free to satisfy HG Ruling)
    JT (pick up on a free to satisfy HG Ruling)
    Fat Frank (pick up on a free to satisfy HG Ruling)

13 other
    Aguero
    Kolarov
    Yaya
    Silva
    Navas
    Dzeko (Could be sold)
    Negredo
    Garcia (Could be sold)
    Pantilimon
    Kompany
    Dimichels (Could be sold)
    Zabaleta

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Oh right so homegrown is just in the country of club.
    Still though if the go get a load of English players they will end up breaking the rules again. Harsher sanction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jane82 wrote: »
    Oh right so homegrown is just in the country of club.
    Still though if the go get a load of English players they will end up breaking the rules again. Harsher sanction.

Yea they have to have at least 8 players from the country of the club or possibly foreign palyers who have come through the clubs academy structure (i'm not sure on that)

Some of those Chelsea players are on free transfers so no transfer fees
    Shaw and Barkley could be picked up for a certain value and offset by sales of other players (Barry, Richards, Rodwell, Sinclair)

Until i see them hit with the sanctions though its all speculation on our part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

brinty wrote: »
    Yea they have to have at least 8 players from the country of the club or possibly foreign palyers who have come through the clubs academy structure (i'm not sure on that)

Some of those Chelsea players are on free transfers so no transfer fees
    Shaw and Barkley could be picked up for a certain value and offset by sales of other players (Barry, Richards, Rodwell, Sinclair)

Until i see them hit with the sanctions though its all speculation on our part

Rafael counts as home grown so its correct, City have a good youth system so might surprise us with one or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

• From 2008/09, clubs in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League required a minimum of eight homegrown players in a squad limited to 25. These rules are also in force in several national leagues across Europe.

• UEFA introduced the rule in three phases:
    Season 2006/07: minimum of four homegrown players in 25-man squad
    Season 2007/08: minimum of six homegrown players in 25-man squad
    Season 2008/09: minimum of eight homegrown players in 25-man squad

• Clubs have no obligation to put a certain number of homegrown players on the field of play, or on the matchsheet. They are entirely free in their team and matchday squad selection.

UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. Up to half of the locally-trained players must be from the club itself, with the others being either from the club itself or from other clubs in the same association.

From UEFA.

Timmyctc wrote: »

The least surprised people would be those long suffering City fans (not long enough mind)

I've already prepared myself for them winning the league, I wouldn't be counting on City TBH.
    To be fair, Liverpool have been the only team that looked like they were in a title race. Watching City v Everton, it was almost like a friendly, Chelsea have been awful in the run in bar the game at Anfield.

In saying that, might as well have a laugh while we can, f**k it, if they do win it, I've thick enough skin to deal with anybody rubbing my nose in it, sometimes you have to stick your neck out and hope for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It's nothing more than a laughable exercise in tokenism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I've said it all along City won't pick up 6 from the last two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

To be honest Tim, Villa are not going to do ya any favors. May have posted this elsewhere, but there drive will be gone. There safe.

I'm a United fan :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I think they will, West Ham & Villa both at home, although they can even afford a draw in one of them

Like Palace were

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I've been thinking the same. Thankfully, they don't need to now.

• Advertisement

• Timmyctc wrote: »
    LOL my bad! :pac:

Like Palace were
    Made this point earlier today. Villa are completely erratic but more often than not have been poor all season.
    Palace are a force since Pullis took over. You know what to expect from them.

I can't decide which would be best for them, though I suppose maybe the win v Villa and only needing a draw v West Ham seems the best bet

I am playing with the idea that they would be better off drawing tonight so that they know they have to go and win v West Ham, no thought of playing for a draw.

Doubt they would anyway, just ramblings really

Made this point earlier today. Villa are completely erratic but more often than not have been poor all season.
    Palace are a force since Pullis took over. You know what to expect from them.

Palace were shockingly bad v City

I expect City to roll over Villa, I also expected them to roll over them earlier this season, if there is one thing City excel at it is bottling it

Palace were shockingly bad v City

I expect City to roll over Villa, I also expected them to roll over them earlier this season, if there is one thing City excel at it is bottling it
    They didn't bottle it against us 2 seasons ago...

Depends, Is Augero & Toure fooked??

They didn't bottle it against us 2 seasons ago...

Depends, Is Augero & Toure fooked??

They nearly did though, except we bottled it worse!

They are the kings of letting their supporters down historically, hard to shake the idea they will **** up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The title is not over yet. its looking good but it was looking good for Liverpool 2 weeks ago.

dont go counting chickens yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Nice to get a Magpies opinion anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

The title is not over yet. its looking good but it was looking good for Liverpool 2 weeks ago.

City not getting 4 points from Villa and West Ham (both playing for nothing) at home would be a failing of epic proportions - if anything Liverpool could even slip up against a terrible Newcastle side if City with tomorrow night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Van Gaal is going to be there I wouldn't be surprised to see our strongest lineup put out to let him see weaknesses

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ya as Gary Neville said Villa are capable of getting some daft results.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement