Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bullvine wrote: »
    I hope you're wrong Mitch because if its as bad as last summer, I don't think most of us could take it.
    I'm basing my opinion on the information of Ducker, Ogden, Ladyman, Jackson, Andy Mitten, UWS, Red Issue and Delaney.

I know people in here are INCREDIBLY cynical of every single journalist and fanzine, but I personally believe the information I see from certain people (listed above) - I don't believe everyone, and in some cases I would question if those listed are being led by the nose by woodward on certain stories as he has been known to lie to the press in his briefings.

According to all/some of the above United were very very close to signing Kroos and Carvalho - but we pulled out of both deals (and didnt follow up last summers interest in Fabregas) following the appointment and decisions of LVG. THe summer plans we had have been ripped up - and given people pointed out part of the problem last summer was a CEO and Manager starting transfer work from scratch in the summer when everyone else was weeks or months into their work, I'm very worried about this summer because we have created the exact same situation again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Started a new thread as this one will be closed soon as we're over 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

No, I'm saying your argument to which I first replied was based on someone saying 'How do you know we aren't working on deals in the background and they just need to be finalised when the player is available post world cup", when the actual comment was 'How do you know the deals aren't done and we are just waiting to announce them'. Two different arguments.

As for whether I agree United are working on stuff in the background... depends on what you are happy with.

I think we have agreed everything with Shaw, but are finding it very hard to agree with Southampton.

Apart from that, I do not believe United are close to signing a single player. Not schweinsteiger, not hummels, not strootman or any other dutch player. We may be looking at players and weighing up some bids, but I do not believe we are in advanced talks with any player or club apart from Shaw/Southampton - and THAT is what I am pissed about. United need to do a lot of work this summer, and it is starting as badly as last summer did, and the same person responsible, imo, for last summer is in charge of the deals for this summer too.

I would be surprised, highly surprised if there aren't more most of the way there, particularly any Dutch incomings.
    As for the initial part of the discussion, we're arguing over interpretations of phrases to a certain degree.

I agree that if something was 100% complete there is no reason to delay announcements and I don't believe they would delay but if something is 99% of the way there and it's pretty much done there is no pressing need to get it finished with before the WC.
    On the bit above about Shaws fee rising (from another poster), I'd suggest the fee is already likely to be agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Southampton are in a solid position of not having to sell, and the only way to change that would have been to put in a stupid offer now, and that still would have had people crying foul...

There'll be a lot more crying if he ends up at Chelsea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement