Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Some cool pics here of the lads arriving at the awards tonight

Big Dave is some man :)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-player-year-awards-7094205?

Manchester Evening news me hole, what did he take them pictures with? A fcuking spoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Big Dave wrote: »
    Very happy!! It's an incredible honour! A night I'll never forget! Thanks!! @manutd

BnJe9hLCMAA2-Vz.jpg

<3 Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I grew out of having favourite players and worshipping players a long time ago but I love seeing Big Dave do well. Never doubted him. I cheer his saves as much as goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Love the way it's loads of United players and then your man from Corrie!

Himself and Schmeichel are good friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ashley Young....earns £120k a week, needs glasses as does his wife, plus no mirrors in their house.
    Honestly, what were they thinking....

Mrs Young: 'Does my bum look big in this?'
    Ashley: 'No it looks great'

Rather than saying 'it is not your bum I would be concerned about'.....

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

shrewdness wrote: »
    BnJe9hLCMAA2-Vz.jpg

<3 Dave

#DDGForCaptain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

RobertKK wrote: »
    Ashley Young....earns £120k a week, needs glasses as does his wife, plus no mirrors in their house.
    Honestly, what were they thinking....

Mrs Young: 'Does my bum look big in this?'
    Ashley: 'No it looks great'

Rather than saying 'it is not your bum I would be concerned about'.....

.... right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Neeson wrote: »
    Himself and Schmeichel are good friends.

Is it ralph little his name? Didnt see the awards. Hes a decent enough player himself. Was always on the charity matches. Think he was ay a team at one stage or had trials or something. Cant remember the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is great for de Gea that Mata was signed, two class players and two great friends.

jane82 wrote: »
    Is it ralph little his name? Didnt see the awards. Hes a decent enough player himself. Was always on the charity matches. Think he was ay a team at one stage or had trials or something. Cant remember the details.

No it's Andrew Whyment.

Here he is with Schmeichel.

07_11_CORO_KIRK_SCHMEICHEL_03-600x399.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

RobertKK wrote: »

Don't think 'they' would have been visible except for the strong upwards-angled photo flashes... now whether it was intentional or not that an actress would get her pic all over the papers, a more cynical person than I would have to judge :p

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Not even Dave winning player of the year can cheer me up after getting home today from 5 days in Vegas.

:(

All your girlfriends are oil-paintings, yeah lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Not even Dave winning player of the year can cheer me up after getting home today from 5 days in Vegas.

Vegas huh? Well for some :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I saw us come back and beat Man City in the 2011 Charity Shield in a bar that was closed at 6am with about 10 Man City fans. Had been on the lash since 5pm the day before.

Was priceless. Left for my own personal health and nearly got blinded by the sun, didn't stop me skipping down the strip singing United Calypso!

Love that place.

stankratz wrote: »

Probably not. However, many are shocked that a lavishly paid young man like Ash would not have chosen to "dive" into a more luscious muff than that built specimen.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Vegas huh? Well for some :(

Not too well at the moment.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I saw us come back and beat Man City in the 2011 Charity Shield in a bar that was closed at 6am with about 10 Man City fans. Had been on the lash since 5pm the day before.

Was priceless. Left for my own personal health and nearly got blinded by the sun, didn't stop me skipping down the strip singing United Calypso!

Love that place.

My first time there. It's not like real life. Drinking for free at 7 in the morning while playing video Poker is perfectly acceptable. There are no rules as far as I could see except you always have to have shoes or sandals on in the hotels.

The mayweather fight was class. The crush/gunshots on the way out, not so much. I will def be going back there though. Might just take a while with a mini me on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Someone on Redcafe slightly changed our supposed kits next season to this, pretty sweet I think

o1WYv72.png

93JCSMy.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Someone on Redcafe slightly changed our supposed kits next season to this, pretty sweet I think

much better but the kit still looks like crap, the shirts design is horrible imo

Either way isnt the crest changing next season back adding Football Club back into the crest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Just remembered Mata plays for United. Always brings a smile to my face when I think about it for some reason, even after all the shìte of this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Liam O wrote: »
    Just remembered Mata plays for United AND HE'S NO LONGER CUP TIED FROM THE CL!!!!. Always brings a smile to my face when I think about it for some reason, even after all the shìte of this season.

Fixed your post ;)

EDIT : I'm an arse, just realised we didn't qualify :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lallana been heavily linked with Liverpool on SSN this morning, allegedly they want to try and do the deal before the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If our form goes the same way as our shirt design we are fooked next season.

Horrible. I would not wipe my ass with them. How hard can it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Lallana been heavily linked with Liverpool on SSN this morning, allegedly they want to try and do the deal before the WC.

Also that Sevilla midfield player Rakitic linked to Atlethico Madrid.

Some have been mentioning him as a possible target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Also just shows clubs will be moving quicker than ever this summer pre World Cup. We need to get the manager in ASAP and deal done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Also that Sevilla midfield player Rakitic linked to Atlethico Madrid.

Some have been mentioning him as a possible target.

I have taken it upon myself to monitor his situation, he is also being linked with Liverpool, that would piss me off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Jesus Christ that picture of Young's missus......nothing against her appearance or anything but that outfit is dreadful. I mean seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

stankratz wrote: »

There's no girls on the internet.....except Queen mars Bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

o1WYv72.png

93JCSMy.png

Thats even worse now ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

If our form goes the same way as our shirt design we are fooked next season.

Horrible. I would not wipe my ass with them. How hard can it be.

adidas have it down only dramatic change that happens is changing the length of the 3 stripes

except the spain jersey from last year which was **** imo

Nike design some nice kits they just seem to be opposed to giving United one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

he is better (on current form anyway) than all of our current wingers at the club.

of course its impossible to judge on one season and he may not be top class PL quality or more to the point United quality long term, BUT id still rather him in our squad next season than Young and Valencia.

is it too much to ask that we offer them £10m and Young for instance and see how it goes down?
    KH25 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ that picture of Young's missus......nothing against her appearance or anything but that outfit is dreadful. I mean seriously.

you know what, fair play to her. if it was Lindegaards, De Geas, Nani or Cleverlys missus, the entire forum would be fapping over themselves this morning. she isnt exactly the hottest WAG around, but theres plenty of footballs who dont have supermodel girlfriends either and at least i have a bit of respect for Young in this sense that he isnt that shallow to just base his woman on looks as some of them like Cleverly are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

he is better (on current form anyway) than all of our current wingers at the club.

of course its impossible to judge on one season and he may not be top class PL quality or more to the point United quality long term, BUT id still rather him in our squad next season than Young and Valencia.

is it too much to ask that we offer them £10m and Young for instance and see how it goes down?

I'd go along with that. The only thing you have to factor in is we might be looking at other players for wide positions and we have emergence of januzaj also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Let Liverpool have lallana. We're buying Reus :pac:

I cant hep but feeling I heard the same hype about young Carroll Adam Valencia and a few others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

I cant hep but feeling I heard the same hype about young Carroll Adam Valencia and a few others.

My toughts exactly, I'd be afraid of Lallana turning out just like Young. Also, Southampton wouldn't pay Young's 120k a weeek wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Apparently muller is being linked with arsenal and Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Young has been with his missus since hes a teenager, fair play to him tbh.....and to her for having the guts to show bewbs like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

OT: Where did you stay?

Love Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

o1WYv72.png

93JCSMy.png

couldn't be more fake if it tried.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hococop wrote: »

The ebbs and flows of paper transferfcukery.

My mantra for this summer. Wait for the contract signing before believing a player has signed.

Julez wrote: »
    My toughts exactly, I'd be afraid of Lallana turning out just like Young. Also, Southampton wouldn't pay Young's 120k a weeek wages.

Some people would have us believe that the only problem united have is they havnt got southamptons players.
    Who iirc werent great last year. Some people would say thats down to the manager and we should get their manager too.
    Its not the time to buy flash in the pan couple of England cap players on the chance they might be a bit better than ashley young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

yes of course, all english players are a risk, especially ones after one season but that is the nature of football unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hococop wrote: »

So is Javi Martinez, Kroos is being linked to United. Shaquiri is being linked to Liverpool, I've seen Robben linked to United too. Even f*cking Pep.

Are Bayern jacking in the auld football altogether?
    We should try for their jersies and the roof of the Allianz Arena would look well on OT.

So is Javi Martinez, Kroos is being linked to United. Shaquiri is being linked to Liverpool, I've seen Robben linked to United too. Even f*cking Pep.

Are Bayern jacking in the auld football altogether?
    Must going down the route that Russian club Rene was at.
    Get rid of the stars give some underpriveledged kids a game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

IMO, the Bayern exodus reminds me of the one we were facing a few weeks back, when Hernandez, Kagawa, RVP, Vidic and Welbeck all set to leave.

We opted to get rid of our underperform ing manager rather than lose the best parts of our team. Bayern might choose the successful Pep over their fringe players though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

at least i have a bit of respect for Young in this sense that he isnt that shallow to just base his woman on looks as some of them like Cleverly are.
    Umm, what? Am I missing the joke in the above or are you really that bitter towards the guy to come up with this crap?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I wouldn't be surprised if René Meulensteen is linked again with Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Hard not to think of the likes of Scott Sinclair, Steve Sidwell, Downing, Tiote and Carroll when trying to assess the quality of Lallana. My gut feeling is that he would prove to be a solid squad player, and I just can't get excited about yet another one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The ebbs and flows of paper transferfcukery.

My mantra for this summer. Wait for the contract signing before believing a player has signed.

Eh no, wait until the fcuker has played on the pitch

Ever since Mikel thats the only way i'm believing anyone is a Manchester United player

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement